Profile for Mrs. A. Storey > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. Storey

Mrs. A. Storey (Durham England)

BaByliss 2088CU Pro 230 Elegance Straightener Blueberry
BaByliss 2088CU Pro 230 Elegance Straightener Blueberry

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed!, 23 Aug. 2011
I have been using GHD's for many years now as my hair is very thick and wavy and takes some taming! I purchased the Babyliss Pro Excellence straightners to take on holiday as they are dual voltage and reach a maximum temperature of 230 degrees.
In my opinion they are fierce competition for GHD and a fraction of the price! They heat up rapidly and perform brilliantly on my hair. The section grips and heat proof mat were an added bonus.
I would highly recommend these to anyone who wants excellent performance and value for money.BaByliss 2088CU Pro 230 Elegance Straightener Blueberry

Ronnie: The Autobiography
Ronnie: The Autobiography
by Ron Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Guy!!, 4 Jan. 2008
I saw Ronnie Wood on an episode of Top Gear as "the star in a reasonalbly priced car" He was chatting with Jeremy Clarkson about his autobiography "Ronnie" and I mentioned to my hubby I would like to read it. I was given the book for Christmas and I have to say it is a remarkable catalogue of events. Ronnie Wood comes across as very likeable and he is clearly a colourful (and sexy in my opinion!) character. I read the book in two days and will definately read it again - it is one of those books that turns up something new every time you read it!
Keep on rocking Ronnie there's years left in you yet!!

World Of Our Own
World Of Our Own
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Westlife Album To Date, 15 Nov. 2001
This review is from: World Of Our Own (Audio CD)
I was given this album as a gift an I am delighted with it. There is jut the right balance of love songs and sentiment offset by some catchy up tempo numers. Personally I feel that Westlife have matured a great deal over the past three years, with their appeal reaching a more mature audience. I would encourage any sceptics to give it a listen before judging it as just more boy band music because it's more than that. I can't wait to add album number four to my collection

The Mission [Original Score]
The Mission [Original Score]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for True Music Lovers, 6 Sept. 2001
Anyone who listens to this album cannot fail to be moved by it's brilliance. There are some striking pieces which almost reduce the listner to tears -particularly Gabriel's Oboe and Falls. A truly passionate recording which depending on your mood when you listen to it will leave you feeling uplifted or melancholy.Either way, a must have for true music lovers.

Definitive Collection
Definitive Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Nostalgia!!!!, 30 May 2001
This review is from: Definitive Collection (Audio CD)
From the opening bars of "I Think I Love You" I was instantly transported back 27 years. I could vividly see the David Cassidy posters plastered all over my walls, and picture so easily my wedding gown for when he would undoubtedly marry me!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it's cheesy,and you can almost taste the bubble gum but so what!!

Hannibal
Hannibal

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for music lovers, 27 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Hannibal (Audio CD)
It will take more than the first listen to fully appreciate the beauty of the recording but once you have listened to it it will stay with you forever. I am particularly inspired by Vide Cor Meum - a truly wonderful piece of music. I would be interested to hear form anyone who knows where a full copy of the La Vita Nuova can be obtained. It is obvious that a great deal of thought went into the choosing of the music for the film.

Shadow in Tiger Country
Shadow in Tiger Country
by Louise Arthur

5.0 out of 5 stars A sad, poignant and heart wrenching account of true love, 19 Aug. 2000
I couldn't put this book down until I had read every last word. Louise comes across as a very brave person, but no more so that Tim her beloved husband. It is a story of true love, blighted but not snuffed out by illness, and I sincerely hope that Tim finds the strength to write another account of his and Caitlin (their daughter) lives are progressing without Louise.