Profile for Mrs F R Cripps > Reviews

Content by Mrs F R Cripps

Mrs F R Cripps

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hunting the Eagles (Eagles of Rome)
Hunting the Eagles (Eagles of Rome)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunting the Eagles - Ben Kane, 31 Mar. 2016
I couldn't wait to catch up with Tullus, Piso and Vitellius..I was not disappointed. Although knowing more about the wars between Rome and Germany since reading a number of books about the same, Ben has managed to vividly describe the characters and events to me, making me feel part of the battles, trials and tribulations. If I bit my nails, I would have none left! I knew that not everyone would make it, sadly, but so glad that some of my favourites did! I know Ben researches like a demon but the tale he crafts from his hard work certainly pays off. I think this is the best one yet, but maybe that is the next instalment. If you haven't read anything from Ben yet, why not?! Get reading.., especially this one it's a cracker.

Marius' Mules VIII: Sons of Taranis
Marius' Mules VIII: Sons of Taranis

5.0 out of 5 stars Marius' Mules VIII: Sons of Taranis, 27 Nov. 2015
Wonderful! I held off reading it, as I knew it would be fantastic and wouldn't want it to stop. I don't say end as I know there will be book book IX......this gave such insights into the conquest of Gaul, battles and people brought to life so vividly, and also containing some wrong 'uns, women included. Absolutely brilliantly descriptive, it's almost like smellyvision, What can I say, Simon never disappoints and I really can't wait to see what happens to our hero next! Thank you Mr Turney just waiting to pre-order!!!

Hannibal: Fields of Blood
Hannibal: Fields of Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars Hannibal: Fields of Blood, 1 Oct. 2015
Yet another superb story from Ben Kane, apart from a good idea where Carthage was and a limited understanding of the impact to Rome of Hannibal and his armies, I really knew nothing about this era in history. Ben has managed to bring the history to life in such a way, turning the Romans into the bad guys and making me cheer on the Carthaginians. A cracking read, and leads to the anticipated next volumes! Can't wait to find out what happens next to Hanno, Quintus et al. Thanks Ben you have inspired me to look at some of those research books you have been poring over.

Hannibal: Clouds of War
Hannibal: Clouds of War

5.0 out of 5 stars Hannibal: Clouds of War, 1 Oct. 2015
This is an excellent read, I thoroughly enjoyed every page, didn't even skip pages! The subject, apart from the usual elephant stories, has somehow passed me by until now. Ben manages to get the historical facts in, blending with all of the human elements, another one of his books that kept me reading until 2 am because I didn't want to put it down. I would recommend this, and any of his other books to discerning readers who like a well rounded historically accurate thoroughly enjoyable tale.

Thunder of the Gods: Empire VIII
Thunder of the Gods: Empire VIII

5.0 out of 5 stars Thunder of the Gods: Empire VIII, 7 April 2015
I was very sorry to get to the end of this fascinating tale. Delighting to catch up with The Tungrians, Marcus and the rest of the familiar faces, I was gripped in the wonderful web of intrigue woven by the fabulous Mr Riches. I couldn't believe what happens in places and had to go back and re-read the sentence! Some real shocks too! What a brilliant read, I can't wait for .....Empire I X

Praetorian: The Great Game
Praetorian: The Great Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Praetorian: The Great Game, 3 April 2015
We seem to have another SJA Turney 'hero' on our hands! Or two in fact if you include Acheron. This is a brilliant story finely crafted, with twists, turns and suspense in spades. One you have to keep reading although the clock says it's way past bedtime! Fantastic Mr Turney, can't wait for the next one and to see how our hero gets on.

Blue Wave Laptop Computer Tray
Blue Wave Laptop Computer Tray
Offered by KICO Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Wave Laptop Computer Tray, 3 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Blue Wave Laptop Computer Tray
This was perfect for what I needed it for. Good quality and description is exact.

PAIR OF TREE HOOKS. 45cm. HANGERS FOR HANGING BASKETS LANTERNS BIRD FEEDERS
PAIR OF TREE HOOKS. 45cm. HANGERS FOR HANGING BASKETS LANTERNS BIRD FEEDERS

5.0 out of 5 stars Pair of Tree Hooks, 3 Feb. 2015
Excellent value for money. I have a bird feeder hanging from a tree in the garden, which gets lots of grateful winter visitors.

RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds: Second Edition
RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds: Second Edition
by Simon Harrap

5.0 out of 5 stars RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds, 2 Feb. 2015
This is perfect, just what I was looking for and excellent value for money.

TFA 20.1064.03 Traditional 3 Dial Indoor Analogue Weather Station
TFA 20.1064.03 Traditional 3 Dial Indoor Analogue Weather Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional 3 Dial Indoor Analogue Weather Station, 2 Jan. 2015
This was a gift for my brother in law, he is absolutely over the moon with it, it couldn't have been a better Christmas present for him, he was delighted with it. Thanks very much for this excellent product, it has a lovely finish and works perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3