Profile for Reddhead > Reviews

Content by Reddhead

Reddhead (Looe, Cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
IBRA® Ultra Advanced High Speed HDMI Cable. Advanced display resolutions. Capable beyond 1080p to 2160p. With Ethernet & Latest HDMI 2.0 Version with ARC - 1.5m
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for good quality., 29 Jan. 2016
Very happy, we bought a PS4 (not from Amazon, lesson learned) and the HDMI cable with it didn't work. Tried to return just the cable for a replacement but they wanted the whole package returned. It was my daughter's Christmas present so didn't want to return the whole thing which would have left her with nothing so I bought this cable. Great picture clarity and sound. Very happy. Good price. Fast delivery. Couldn't be happier.

Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Dog Food Satiety Support 12kg
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Dog Food Satiety Support 12kg

5.0 out of 5 stars 11kg weight loss for our Labrador, highly recommended!, 15 Sept. 2015
This food was recommended to us by the Vet for our 7 year old un-neutered male Labrador who was approximately 12 kg overweight at 47kg. It had sneaked up on us and as he is a really big dog anyway, surprisingly it wasn't that noticeable. Then he suffered a slipped disc and the pain and suffering he went through was appalling. We even had to contemplate having him put to sleep, but he came through it and started on his road to recovery. The most important aspect of this recovery, was to lose the extra weight and to strengthen the muscles along his spine with exercise. The vet suggested Royal Canin Satiety as Monty (being a normal Labrador) is always hungry. This food was to fill him up, provide the good nutrition he needed but with low calorific value and be good for his digestive system. We fed him the amount the vet recommended and after 9 months, he had lost 11kg and the vet said that was enough. It was amazingly successful. Very hard to have no treats as he was used to being spoiled but we felt it was life saving for him so we stayed strong. He is now a fit and healthy 36kg and his back has not flared up again. The vet then suggested we up the amount he can have slightly to maintain his healthy weight, He eats the food perfectly happily (but then Labradors do eat anything so I don't know if that's a particular recommendation if I'm honest!). We split his daily allowance into 2 halves, breakfast and dinner. His coat is good, soft and shiny, his "product" is perfect, no more dodgy tummy problems and we sometimes add some left-over vegetables to the food just for interest. He is a happy, healthy boy and if your dog needs to lose some weight, this will do the job. However, you should use it alongside advice from your vet, the amounts we were told to feed him were not the same as stated in the feeding guide on the bag so beware. Always take the vet's advice.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nosh for Students: A Fun Student Cookbook - See Every Recipe in Full Colour - 30% More Recipes Than Previous Edition
by Joy May

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Buy for those leaving home!, 9 Dec. 2014
Excellent place to start for young people who want (or need) to start cooking for themselves. This book has everything - what you need in your store cupboard, how to store food, easy budgeting, then how to make the food into tasty meals, from the most simple (beans on toast) to more complex meals like roast dinner or chili. They all look delicious and nutritious, good value too. Those my daughter has tried so far have been really very good. It shows what to buy for each recipe, how much it will cost, how to make it, how many people it will feed and the cost per person and how to store any left-overs. With good clear pictures and excellent instructions, this should go with anyone off to Uni or leaving home for the first time. Also would work for youngsters sill at home but who would like to take a part in cooking for their household. Thoroughly recommended.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 6" display, 30 Oct. 2012
I bought this for my husband for Christmas, sadly, his kids had the same idea and sent him one from Canada which obviously, couldn't easily be sent back so I had to send this one back. Absolutley nothing wrong with it, in fact he would rather have had this one as it has the touch screen and the one he kept has buttons. Amazon gave excellent customer service as they gave me an immediate refund as soon as I returned it. 5 stars for Amazon, I'm sure the kindle would have given 5 star service too.

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, 30 Oct. 2012
Jumping off enormously high buildings, killing people, stealing horses, stealing property, killing more people, planning, plotting, recruiting, killing a few more people... my daughter loves it!

Take That: Progress Live [Digipack] [DVD] [2011]  [NTSC]
Take That: Progress Live [Digipack] [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Take That
Offered by Kelly's Heroes

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful reminder, 30 Oct. 2012
My daughter and I were lucky enough to see Take That on this tour and I bought the DVD as a reminder for us of that amazing night. The DVD could never recreate the atmosphere of course, but it does bring back happy memories of a great evening. Good sound quality and camera work and editing, we were pleased with it.

Casio FX-83GTPLUS Scientific Calculator
Casio FX-83GTPLUS Scientific Calculator
Offered by love Office Stuffs (VAT Reg.)

4.0 out of 5 stars School calculator, 30 Oct. 2012
My daughter is doing maths and science at school and needed a scientific calculator. This calculator was a pretty good choice, it has all the functions she needs, even for further maths. She is very pleased with it, the battery it came with is still going after several months and it seems to be hard wearing. I would say it's very lightweight which is why I have given it 4 stars not 5 but at this price, it's good value and my daughter is pleased with it.

Olympus 8 x 40 DPSI Binocular
Olympus 8 x 40 DPSI Binocular

5.0 out of 5 stars Ship watching, 30 Oct. 2012
We live on a cliff top and wanted some binoculars for looking at the ships going by or seabirds. We even get the occasional seal or dolphin in the Summer. These binoculars were a reasonable price, I didn't want anything too expensive but wanted something half-decent that would let us see what we wanted to see without spending £300. These are good quality, they feel solid but are not too heavy to hold, they come with a nice padded case and I like the focus on them, it's crisp and clear. After reading all the reviews, I felt these were a good choice for us and fortunately, I made the right choice. Highly recommended.

1.5KW / 1500W 7 Fin Electric Oil Filled Radiator Heater with Thermostat - 2 Year Guarantee

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality item, 30 Oct. 2012
My daughter's bedroom is an attic conversion and the central heating doesnt always quite make it to her radiators. They tend to be tepid rather than hot and so her room can get quite chilly. I wanted a safe, economical heat boost that she could turn on and off when the weather gets very cold. This heater is great, it is thermostatically controlled, with three heat settings. It has a safety feature which causes it to switch itself off if it tips over, however, as it's very heavy, I don't see it tipping easily. It certainly wouldn't spontaneously fall over. It keeps her room at an ambient temperature and I can sleep knowing it's a safe form of heating for her bedroom. Excellent.

Duragadget Genuine Leather Case & Cover With Stand for Kindle 3 - Black
Duragadget Genuine Leather Case & Cover With Stand for Kindle 3 - Black
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle cover, 30 Oct. 2012
I bought this for my partner as part of his Christmas present last year so he has had it approximately 9 months. It has worn really well, there is not a mark on it. It has protected the kindle perfectly and it easy to use. It has a stand incorporated which comes in handy if you are reading at a table. The buttons on the kindle are all easily accessible and the gaps for the buttons are all in the right places. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5