Profile for Loraine > Reviews

Content by Loraine

Loraine

Page: 1 | 2
World's Healthiest Foods, 2nd Edition: The Force for Change to Health-Promoting Foods and New Nutrient-Rich Cooking
by George Mateljan

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, you won't be disappointed, 3 May 2016
Really pleased with this book, buy it! And check-out the website as well!

Shower Timer - Simple 4 minute shower timer to help you save Water, Energy, Money & Time
Offered by Bob Products Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars I have one more left but won't waste anymore money on them, 3 May 2016
First one we purchased worked really well for 2 months, then fell and got full of water. We could never get the 2nd one to fix to shower wall tiles. 3rd one fell off / clogged with water after 3 weeks. I have one more left but won't waste anymore money on them. A good idea but they just don't work

iPro Products Rotating 360 Degree PU Leather Case Cover for iPad 2/3/4
iPro Products Rotating 360 Degree PU Leather Case Cover for iPad 2/3/4
Offered by Reedax World

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 3 May 2016
Broke after one days use

Richard Scarry's Best Christmas Book Ever!
Richard Scarry's Best Christmas Book Ever!
by Richard Scarry

5.0 out of 5 stars We already have a couple of Richard Scary books. ..., 8 Oct. 2014
We already have a couple of Richard Scary books., as always, there is lots to look at, and my kids read them again and again. This is a lovely Christmas book.

Addis Clip & Close Fridge Jug,  1.5 Litre
Addis Clip & Close Fridge Jug, 1.5 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Oct. 2014
Good size for storing cold water in the fridge, I bought 2 so we always have a fresh supply.

4 piece Melamine Bowl Set with Lids -BPA Free
4 piece Melamine Bowl Set with Lids -BPA Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 8 Oct. 2014
As already stated by previous reviewers, the feel quality is excellent, the colours really are superb, and delivery was fast too.
I bought them because they are unbreakable, with lids, and nest for storage.

Snap Circuits Jr. - SC-100
Snap Circuits Jr. - SC-100
Offered by MMP Living

1.0 out of 5 stars No English Instructions, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100 (Toy)
Sent it back as the box and all the instructions were in German only.

20x Adult Coat Hangers Multi Colour Strong Plastic Clothes (36cm Wide)
20x Adult Coat Hangers Multi Colour Strong Plastic Clothes (36cm Wide)
Offered by worldofbargain888

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very strong, 8 Oct. 2014
I bought them because they are a good size for a 10 year old child. They would probably be OK for adult use, but my son has already broken 2 by pulling his clothes off them too strongly. I have Never had this problem with other hangers so I presume they are cheaply made.

The AiA Gluten and Dairy Free Cookbook
The AiA Gluten and Dairy Free Cookbook
by Marilyn Le Breton

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 28 Jun. 2011
I bought this book after 4 years following a gluten , dairy, egg, & soya free diet. So alot of the flours / eggs replacers used in the book were already familiar to me. To a new comer, they might seem daunting, but there is an excellent introduction that explains all, including great ideas for replacing cream, milk, eggs etc. The recipes are uncomplicated, and quick & easy to whip for the kids at teatime. I should have bought it along time ago! All the recipes are gluten and dairy free, and where other allergens are used its easy to work out a replacement from the info given in the introduction. For example, I successfully substituted margarine with oil for a biscuit recipe.

Simply Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free: Inspiringly Easy and Truly Delicious Recipes
Simply Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free: Inspiringly Easy and Truly Delicious Recipes
by Grace Cheetham

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 28 Jun. 2011
Although the recipes are gluten and dairy free, alot of the recipes have soy and /or eggs as a key ingredient (which sadly my son is allergic to). There are 99 recipes, of which 35 contain eggs and 22 contain soya. And I didn't expect to see a dairy free lasagna recipe that merely suggests to put soy chesse on top. I could have thought of that myself! Having said that, there are some really good recipes for a white sauce, bread, main dishes, and I'll certainly be dipping into the book frequently. If you're not allergic to soy / eggs, its worth a 4 star rating. If allergic to these additional ingredients, not many of the baking / desserts can be eaten.

Page: 1 | 2