Profile for Mr. R. J. Wilkinson > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. J. Wilk...

Mr. R. J. Wilkinson

Model Jet Engines (Modeller's World)
Model Jet Engines (Modeller's World)
by Thomas Kamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of building your own Gas Turbine?, 29 May 2012
I have seen several attempts to build a gas turbine on sites such as YouTube. Fun if you are messing about while bored, but if you want to create a more serious engine then GET THIS BOOK! its well written and you can see why the various components are laid out the way they are. I used to own a Wren MW54 Heli engine, it was supplied as a kit. I true work of art. I do intend to build my own engine though. Its easily done once you acquire the basic tools and some way of machining and spot welding. Kamps goes into the crucial points about balancing the turbine rotor etc. Dont ignore the safety aspects...turbines such as these can be lethal...but safe if you follow the guidelines as set out in this very well written book.

Help (Bosnia War Child)
Help (Bosnia War Child)
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back good memorys, 11 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Help (Bosnia War Child) (Audio CD)
I bought this CD originally back in '95....out of curiousity. I was blown away by the tunes on it. Its really good backgound music for a partying I reckon.

Like a plonker I lent it to someone who promptly lost it...denied it existed in fact...so with fond memorys in mind I searched here on Amazon and came up trumps:)

Ah the good times! I was doing a trade apprenticeship...and generally enjoying life then...funny how Music brings back those times.

I wont be lending this CD again!!!!! :-)

Fujifilm FinePix S5600 Zoom Digital Camera - Black (5.0MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 1.8 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera!!, 21 July 2007
I bought my first S5600 about 2 yrs ago and found it easy to use, I love digital cameras....the fact you can take a photo, review it and discard/keep it is nothing short of incredible.

I find this particular camera easy to use, and should you be confronted with a unique photo opportunity it wont let you down.

Navigating your way around is easy, the menus are easy to read. Do read the manual though, its worth it becuase this camera packs a good punch.
The movie mode is easy to access, and with a 2 gig card you can get round about 35 minutes....so if you are on a budget...and are agonising over a digi camcorder or this SLR type S5600 then go for the S5600....you will like it.

I sold my first one to my Girlfreinds Son, who was so keen to buy it....I had to replace it, I could have bought the next version up but didnt think it necassary...I like this camera!!