Profile for Woodlandstar > Reviews

Content by Woodlandstar

Woodlandstar "Woodlandstar" (North Devon, UK)

Ascension - A Deeper Mind - Binaural Beats
Ascension - A Deeper Mind - Binaural Beats

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Sounds to Relax to. Refreshing!!, 15 Jun. 2012
Go on - spoil yourself; take time out and indulge in 10-20 minutes or an hour or two, relaxing with your stereo headphones on, listening to a great new sensory experience. Binaural Beats? Yeah - I didn't know what they were either....but apparently, (after some quick research..) it is where two pure tones are presented, one to each ear, at very slightly different frequencies. The ears perceive that the sound is in motion travelling inside your head from one ear to the other. Cool! Don't believe me? Then try it for yourself. You really do have to listen to these tracks through stereo head phones though, so that each ear can hear each of the different sound frequencies presented to it - if you don't use stereo headphones, both ears will not hear the sound frequencies separately, so you will not get the same effect but hey, the sound tracks are still relaxing. The first three tracks are very relaxing but the last three tracks helped aid relaxation into a deeper meditative / euphoric state. What's so special about these tracks are that you don't just get the binaural beats - the use of `pads and synths' complete the sounds to create a very pleasurable auditory experience. I'm glad I listened to this album. Although, I felt chilled and relaxed after listening to the sounds - my mind was cleared of all the daily junk and I found I was able to focus on my next job in hand with my creativity heightened because of this. What a bonus! Love the album!! Personally, my favourites are Jupiter and Pluto. Buy the album and listen to all six and find yours!

Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push
Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push

5.0 out of 5 stars Friedland Libra+ 200m Chime Kit - Superb Product!!!, 26 Sept. 2011
I would recommend this item as it exceeded all expectations!! With extra thick walls and lots of stairs - I had trouble finding a product that was powerful enough to receive a signal three floors up from the front door. Not only does this product work three floors up - it works four floors up ....and at the back of the house. I had spent more than double the money on other products that failed to work in the house. This item also has a good selection of chimes and the volume can also be increased or decreased. You have a choice of light only, sound only, or light and sound together. This product is portable and very easy to set up. Furthermore, what makes it a superior product to all others is that you can get additional accessories to add to it...you can have more than one door bell (ie - put one at the back door too) - you can add your telephone etc.....I don't think anyone would be disappointed with this product, and as mentioned earlier - much better value than other models on the market. One very happy customer - no more missed visitors and no more missed parcels. Superb!!!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed by Performance, 18 May 2011
This vacuum has great suction on both floorboards and carpet and has a number of different attachments to use conveniently hidden away in the base unit. The vacuum seems to work better than my Dysons...(which I have loved for nearly 20 years). I couldn't believe the amount of dust the vacuum sucked out of my carpets. The dust container holds a lot and is easily accessible to remove and empty. The cord is longer than my Dyson and the hose is also longer, reaching further on the stairs and hallways. Disadvantages: The vacuum base is very heavy and sometimes when pulling the hose to vacuum an area, the hose has come out of the base...however, this has not happened so much recently - so it may have been because the hose may not have been sitting properly in the connection previously because it is so new. Also - as the base is so heavy - it can hurt if you accidentally knock your shins while carrying it! On the whole - I am really pleased with the vacuum and will no doubt learn not to knock my shins when carrying it up or down the stairs. I would recommend this vacuum.

Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fable III Limited Collector's Edition, 13 Mar. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is an adventure Role Playing Game for two players. It has a lot of choices of different things to do and is a lot of fun with a few surprises along the way.

HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One with Fax (Printer, Copier, Scanner and Fax with Bluetooth and CD/DVD Printing)

1.0 out of 5 stars HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One with Fax C309A, 13 Mar. 2011
I bought this printer as it was a reccommended Which? Best Buy. (My previous printer was a Which? Best Buy and it was fantastic - it lasted 5 years, ink cartridges were very cheap and it printed loads before needing new cartridges - Canon i550 - sadly unavailable now). So I guess - I expected the same sort of features, being a Best Buy - long lasting, cheap cartridges and ability to print lots. I have had nothing but trouble with it and HP Customer Service has been terrible - I haven't even got the first problem resolved. I cannot be confident that the printer prints the whole document, as on random pages - it doesn't print to the bottom of the page - so then I have to check everything and reprint random pages. The ink cartridges are so expensive - at least 4 times as expensive as my last printer and it hardly prints any pages - I have to buy cartridges monthly rather than three monthly....and now the printer has started doing an head alignment after almost every page and has started printing out an A4 page of all my coloured ink. Please stay clear of this printer. It has been the WORST BUY I EVER MADE.

What's Happening to Me?
What's Happening to Me?
by Alex Firth

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent book for the younger boy starting puberty, 19 Jun. 2008
In my view, this is an excellent book for the younger child (9-12) starting puberty. I read this book from cover to cover before giving it to my 9 year old son and I did not find anything in it that I would not want my son to know about. To put it in perspective, the other three books I ordered, in my view, were not suitable for a 9 year old and I have had to put them away until my son is older as they are more explicit and discuss topics in too much detail. I would feel comfortable reading this book with my child or allowing my child to read this book alone.
This book is written in very simple language with almost cartoon style illustrations and so can be easily understood by the younger child going through puberty. The book describes exactly what will happen to their body in a straightforward, easy to understand way. Not only does the book explain physical changes, differences and feelings, the book also covers; responsibilities and sections on how best to look after their body through basic diet, exercise, personal hygiene and health. One particular theme that runs through the book is that each child is unique and each child develops at different times, and changes to their body may happen in a different order to their mates - so that even if they are not developing the same as their mates or if they look different to their mates - this is perfectly normal and it is OK to be different. Knowing this can help reduce some of the insecurities, embarrassments and frustrations that going through puberty can cause.
In addition, I like the fact that the book also covers what to do in difficult situations, such as peer pressure, re: bullying, smoking, drinking, drugs, sex and the right to say `No!' to peer pressure.
The book also includes a small section to help boys to understand some of the changes that happens to girls highlighting that girls worry about the changes happening to them just as much as boys and even have a lot of the same problems.
If you are wondering, which book to get for your young male starting puberty - I don't think you will be disappointed with this one.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2015 10:40 PM GMT