Profile for Mrs. F. P. Tompkins > Reviews

Content by Mrs. F. P. Tom...

Mrs. F. P. Tompkins (Cardiff, Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
PattyBoutik Off Shoulder Ruched 3/4 Elbow Sleeve Stretchy Fitted Casual Top (Black 16)

5.0 out of 5 stars Patty is my preferred Brand, 2 July 2014
I've reached the point where no high street store can fulfil all my needs - however I discovered Patty about a year ago and now my wardrobe is full of well made, well-priced, well fitting stretchy comfortable tops with a lot of style. I always have trouble getting stuff that's long enough in the body as I am tall and fortunately Patty are careful to publish the garment dimensions. Some would be too short for me but many like this one are a perfect length so I order with confidence

PattyBoutik Cowl Neck Ruched Stretch Casual Pullover Blouse Top (Blue 16)
PattyBoutik Cowl Neck Ruched Stretch Casual Pullover Blouse Top (Blue 16)

5.0 out of 5 stars Patty is my preferred brand, 2 July 2014

PattyBoutik Sexy Twist Cowl Neck Clubwear Party Tank Cami Top (Grey 16)
PattyBoutik Sexy Twist Cowl Neck Clubwear Party Tank Cami Top (Grey 16)

5.0 out of 5 stars Patty is my preferred brand, 2 July 2014

Replacement Laptop Battery for Uniwill L51-3S4400-G1L3 ( 4400mAh / 10.8V )
Replacement Laptop Battery for Uniwill L51-3S4400-G1L3 ( 4400mAh / 10.8V )
Offered by Remote Controls Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 26 Feb 2014
works fine. charges properly & I am back to 2.5hrs walkabout instead of 20mins . very happy.saved buying a new laptop.

Avid Sibelius First - Version 7 (PC/Mac)
Avid Sibelius First - Version 7 (PC/Mac)
Offered by Limestone

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Layout Heaven, 18 Mar 2013
I own other music publishing software - but finally caved and bought this student edition for my daughter mainly so her files would be compatible with the school systems. OMG its wonderful. If this is the first and only music publishing software you've ever tried then you probably won't really appreciate all its features. The magnetic layout is a godsend after struggling for years with my old program. It is just so slick and easy to use (but make sure you do at least the first 2 tutorials or else you'll be very confused). My daughter has become an overnight composing wizard churning out stuff so quickly and easily. If you use the sibelius sounds rather than standard Midi playback it's very impressive to listen too. I'm keeping my old software - it allows me to do worksheets and stuff and make up stuff that is "wrong". I assume I would the full Sibelius to mirror that. But for straightforward composing - this is fab.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2014 12:30 PM BST

All of Me
All of Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: All of Me (MP3 Download)
What a beautiful piece. I love it so much I bought the sheet music as well. Jon Schmidt is a wonderful musician

Fellowes Pulsar A4 Manual Comb Binder
Fellowes Pulsar A4 Manual Comb Binder
Offered by PROBYNS BUSINESS SUPPLIES STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great V.F.M., 25 Aug 2011
I agonised over buying this - particularly whether to buy the electric or the manual version. My experience to date had been with a "personal" comb binder which claimed to punch up to 8 sheets but in reality only punched 2. It also wasted a lot of paper in mis-punching and, as such, I thought that an electric punch might be the way forward despite the huge cost. In the end I bought the manual Pulsar model having got a "deal" on it in Staples. It's blinking marvellous. 40 page books which took me 20mins on my "personal" binder now take 1 to 2 minutes. The vertical loading (which I was dubious about) is a huge boon - gravity helps make sure the paper is all lined up for a clean punch. The machine is very robust and the punching handle has a nice solid action through which you can feel the cascading cut. There is a little wheel to adjust the paper edge alignment (my only niggle really is that you keep having to tweak this). Oh yes - the instruction booklet is rubbish. If you are an experienced comb binder then the machine is pretty obvious and you won't need any instructions - if, however, you have never combed before then you might scratch your head a little. My 10 year old has been helping me make my booklets. She takes a little longer than me as she's not so strong to press the punching handle and therefore does the paper in 10s rather than 15s - but she loves using it as it's such a slick machine. FYI I have registered it to activate the 2 year warranty - if it stops punching cleanly it'l be back to the shop with it! My advice - feel free to go for it. This is Great Value for Money!

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent webcam - can't believe the price, 9 Aug 2011
what a nice camera for the price. Sends a very clear image and sound. excellent value.
Already had the same camera in the standard version which is on my main computer. Bought this one because I wanted it to clip onto my laptop. As before - installation took just seconds and it's working great. My only criticism (which doesn't affect it's star rating) is that is seemed to be incorrectly packaged in a box showing the non laptop version. Also the camera I received is not as shown here. Mine looks the shape of an slr camera - still with the leds, still swivels nicely.

Fable III (Xbox 360)
Fable III (Xbox 360)
Offered by Venture Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying it - but disappointed, 7 Nov 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable III (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I loved Fable II. I spent ages buying and selling and making a fortune. I invested masses of time in ensuring I grew huge horns and ran my hugely overweight charming female character around in very tight hotpants whilst maintaining a supply of pies in my inventory to keep my weight up.

In Fable 3 the trading is very disappointing and despite massive pie eating I still look the same. The game has plenty of humour but the fighting is a bit mundane (even for a woossy middle aged woman).

Don;t get me wrong - I am enjoying it and will play it to the end but having eagerly expected something a notch up from Fable II i'm not sure it is.

Horrible Histories: Ruthless Romans - Special Edition (Wii)
Horrible Histories: Ruthless Romans - Special Edition (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars bonkers family fun, 25 Nov 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We've had a hoot with this game. The kids have been doing the whole plot thing - they seem to have enjoyed that but I get roped in for the mini game challenges. You can either select the games you want to play and create a Roman arena challenge for up to four players or you can play a kind of world domination game where you get random games to try and win. The game themselves are completely mad - lassooing chickens or throwing sponges at senators - that kind of thing. Some are very physical and others more cerebral. Either way good party style fun - we've got 3 controllers - so tempted to buy another just so we can play this altogether at christmas. Have bought this game to give to friends kids for Christmas as it's such fun - also learn a bit about the Romans into the bargain.

Page: 1 | 2