Profile for Willy W.W. > Reviews

Content by Willy W.W.

Willy W.W. "Nature Film Addict" (Malaysia)

Nature's Great Events [DVD]
Nature's Great Events [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Offered by MediaMine

3.0 out of 5 stars Nature's Great Event any better than Planet Earth?, 2 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Nature's Great Events [DVD] (DVD)
I love the series Planet Earth when I first watched it on DVD. Nature's Great Events was to me still of very high quality filming by BBC Natural History (my favourite Nat. Hist. film producer) BUT subject-wise, I was quite disappointed as the series is a kinda of recycling many of the scenes that were already on Planet Earth. However, the only new part to the series was the episode on the Great Salmon Run...it was really superb; how the underwater scenes were filmed, of the Grizzly bears trying to fish dead salmons from the bottom of the river! Very good narration by Sir David Attenborough (I love his series and many of the series by him were actually filmed in the Agriculture Research Stations where I work!). If you have bought a copy of Planet Earth, well, Nature's Great Events is perhaps just another 'version' of Planet Earth. Recommended if you have not seen Planet Earth yet.

Writing Academic English: Answer Key
Writing Academic English: Answer Key
by HOGUE & OSHIMA

4.0 out of 5 stars Writing Academic English Answer Key, 2 Dec. 2009
A very good companion to a copy of "Writing Academic English" 4th Ed which I bought a few months back locally. I was looking for the Answer Key and found it at Amazon.co. I like the treatment of the subject matter in both the textbook and the Answer Key. A good buy to complement the textbook. Recommended for those who intend to learn and write better English.

Wild Down Under [DVD]
Wild Down Under [DVD]
Offered by I-Deal Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see AZee and NZ, 16 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Wild Down Under [DVD] (DVD)
Very good footage, especially the aerial shots. The close-up shots of the frillneck dragon fighting was just fantastic. A must see natural history film on Australia and New Zealand as well.