Profile for Jayson Hewitt > Reviews

Jayson Hewitt

Gentleman
Gentleman

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 'Korea' move. ;), 4 July 2013
This review is from: Gentleman (MP3 Download)
Perfect follow up to 'Gangnam', a real foot-tapper and another funny video to boot.

Love the energy and the tongue-in-cheek nature of it all. ("I'm a 'mother-father' gentleman!" Lol.)

Dance/pop music isn't my thing at all but comedy is and as long as this guy doesn't start taking himself seriously he'll have a massive fan right here.

Vive Le Rock
Vive Le Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest albums of all time!, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Vive Le Rock (Audio CD)
Now this... THIS... is how you make an album! Stick your tongue in your cheek, crank it up to 11 and go nuts. That's Vive Le Rock in a nutshell!

Right from the off the title track with the immortal words, "Bang bang, you're dead! Did not! Did too! Stop diddy-bopping buddy, bouncing Betty on you!" grabs you by the proverbials and the album doesn't let go until the 'Rock' is well and truly 'Vived'.

Every song is a rocking foot-tapper and has the vibe that he's rekindling with his current 'The Good, The Mad and The Lovely Posse' tour. For me every song is a highlight but if I had to narrow the album down to 3 songs it would be Vive Le Rock, Apollo 9 and Miss Thing. I've had the album on vinyl since release but due to a broken player haven't heard it in a while. But after getting the cd on here I'm happy to note that it sounds as fresh, rocky and whacky as ever! :)

If you're dithering about whether to buy it then my advice is: Just buy it. :)

Manners And Physique
Manners And Physique

3.0 out of 5 stars Prince's producer and it shows., 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Manners And Physique (Audio CD)
This is my least favourite of Adam's albums. I've only just gotten around to buying it after all these years and I remember why; it really is firmly rooted in the late 80s and very dated sound-wise. :( I already have the 2 singles that came off it, Room at the Top and Can't Set Rules..., and they really do set the precedence for the rest of the album. Whereas other albums have a mix of sounds and each song has its own unique feel, on this album every song sounds very Stock-Aitkin-Waterman-y.

As a fan I'm happy to have it in my collection and will listen to it, but I wouldn't recommend to an Ant newbie.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2013 9:40 PM GMT