Profile for Renato Medurecan > Reviews

Content by Renato Medurecan

Renato Medurecan (Zagreb, Croatia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Off With Their Heads
Off With Their Heads
Offered by Leisurezone

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of time!, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
I can't believe that after releasing "Employment" and "Mob" somebody like "Chiefs" can make such a bad record.
This is really the most boring album that I listened in the year 2009. There are only two or three songs that
are worthy according to previous releases. The other nine songs are boring and out of ideas. Even after several
listening I couldn't enjoy this unlistenable record. I think (and hope) that this band can't make another bad
album like this one.

Apocalyptic Love
Apocalyptic Love

3.0 out of 5 stars The first one was better..., 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: Apocalyptic Love (Audio CD)
I must say that this is the record that didn't impressed me as the first one. Maybe it was to be expected
after the first great album. Although, this album is full of hard rock themes and Slash "brand riffs", but the
songs aren't catchy like the titles on the first album. Although, there are some great songs like "Anastasia",
"Not for me", "You're a Lie" or "Halo", but that's it. In my opinion, this album is just one more ordinary rock
record that contains few hits with several other songs that you will soon forget, and that are here only to fulfill
the album. One more thing I don't like is that Myles Kennedy wrote all the lyrics on the album and that he sings all
of them. Don't get me wrong, this man can sing very high, but i don't like his "colour of voice". That means when I
listen tracks on this album, I feel like I listen half of some Alter Bridge album, which is in my opinion, below
average band. I think and hope that Slash can find better singer for the next album.

The Final Frontier
The Final Frontier

4.0 out of 5 stars Pink Floyd on steroids..., 26 April 2012
This review is from: The Final Frontier (Audio CD)
This album should be listened several times more than any of their previous one, because it contains much more
progressive sound, very similar to the "Pink Floyd", of course with a heavy guitar sound. This is certainly a very
interesting and unusual Maiden record, I hope it's not the last one, if we look at its title.

The Devil You Know
The Devil You Know

4.0 out of 5 stars The DIO era is back!, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Devil You Know (Audio CD)
According to previous Sabbath albums, especially DIO's era, I thought that this album couldn't reach the sky like "Heaven and hell"
and "Mob rules". I'm glad I was wrong. This album is standing bravely with DIO's older albums. With fantastic melodies of Iommi,
combination brings the old chemistry that rocks years ago. This album will "sit" better after listening it for a several times more.
Not bad album at all!

Backspacer
Backspacer

4.0 out of 5 stars Their best album since "Vitalogy"!, 16 Mar 2012
This review is from: Backspacer (Audio CD)
Given the quality of previously released albums, I can confidently say that this record does not deviate
much from their first three releases. Although a different style, this is very good, interesting and accessible
rock album that will not leave you indifferent. Not bad!

The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion
The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Setting up their own sound!, 28 Feb 2012
Another no less favorable, but even better album, announced ten great rock songs with even better guitar
contributions of Marc Ford. On this second album you can feel the musical chemistry between band members,
who with his musical abilities and capabilities put their distinctive and unique sound. Fantastic record!

Shake Your Money Maker
Shake Your Money Maker
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent debut rock album!, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Shake Your Money Maker (Audio CD)
This excellent debut album sounds like a mix of "Led Zeppelin", "Mr.Big" and "The Rolling Stones." The title track
immediately presents a whole genre of the album. All ten songs sound great, with soft melodic distortion on the guitars
of Rich Robinson, and with accurate and diverse sound of Steve Gorman drums. Vocalist Chris Robinson certainly pouring
oil on fire to one of the best "classic rock" albums of the 1990s. Highly recommended!

Americana
Americana
Offered by The Music Warehouse

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I expected..., 27 Feb 2012
This review is from: Americana (Audio CD)
"The Offspring" is a great band, and with each new release I expect no less than the least
partially good album like "Smash" was. However, after listening to a lot of "Americana", I
must say I'm quite disappointed with the tracks. The songs are dull and boring, although I
like several of them. In any case, the overall impression is very inferior to their work
during the "Smash".

Smash
Smash

5.0 out of 5 stars You can say that this is the best of the Offspring!, 27 Feb 2012
This review is from: Smash (Audio CD)
This is Offspring's second album, and I can only say that one of those that blow you away! From the beginning to the end,
the album is strong and fast, also it's very melodic. The album was conceived in order to be acceptable to a large
circles of listeners of similar genres. This album is definitely one of those must-have in your collection. Excellent record!

Peasants Pigs and Astronauts
Peasants Pigs and Astronauts

2.0 out of 5 stars Forget as soon as possible..., 27 Feb 2012
After their debut album "K", I thought that we have benefit from another great rock band that will leave a huge
impact in the future. However, in addition to the phenomenal predecessor, "Peasants" is really dull and monotonous
album, which will not delight you even after many listening. Given the quality and diversity of the album, this should
bypass in a wide arc.