Profile for Sarah Rehmatullah > Reviews

Beyond Believing: An Inspiring Story to Awaken the Heart
Beyond Believing: An Inspiring Story to Awaken the Heart
by D. D. Marx

4.0 out of 5 stars Soulmates are destined to find one another..., 26 April 2015
Beyond Believing commences with the story of a group of adolescent friends, set in the eighties, sharing their "first everything" together, having lots of fun at concerts, parties and more. You will read about Olivia's first crush, first kiss and her friendships and Finn's story. The story weaves through college, first accomodation away from home, first job and into adult life.

Finn's story moves forward rapidly following his move to Paris where he studies the culinary arts. He meets and falls in love with Christine and proposes to her. She accepts.

Despite all the responsibilities of growing up, the friends remain in contact. The plot hits a crescendo when Dan, Olivia's best friend, is killed in a car accident. She is determined not to lose the connection to Dan, and so looks for ways to communicate with him.

Finn's life takes a sad turn after his wife loses their baby and goes through a hysterectomy due to cancer. The emotions are shared vividly and profoundly. The moment Finn loses his wife to cancer is heart wrenching.

Olivia moves toward her destiny when she quits her job and moves into her cousin Garrett's new house. Garrett hires Finn as a caterer for the opening of his new linen store in Palm Springs. They meet through Garrett. Both Olivia and Finn continue to speak and seek advice and direction from their dearly departed. The sparks between Olivia and Finn are tangible and alive.

When Olivia and Finn travel to Scotland together for his parents 35th Wedding Anniversary and Olivia's first international trip, the threads weave ever more deeply, showing the final picture, the finished tapestry. Christine, Finn's wife was once Dan's girlfriend. Finn had met Dan!

Beyond Belief concludes with a trip in Paris where the lovers, Olivia and Finn, promise to stay together forever whilst on Lovers Lock Bridge.

The story plot is written almost diary style, revealing secret emotions and thoughts. The author mentions Dan is very real and the book is written in memory of him. As the author shares each life passage lived, it does feel she is remembering some of her own experiences, as the narrative is energetic, bubbly, chatty and sharing experiences that sound real.

Marx has incorported many elements and aspects into her novel, including the flush of attraction to the opposite sex, the strong and unbreakable bonds of true friendship, the stresses of work/money/survival, health problems, aloneness, loss and connecting to those on the other side.

Beyond Believing is a story of emotional connections and the commitments to lasting bonds. It is my belief, too, that this is what we live for and is the thread which runs through everything. Bonds continue into the afterlife, which is the theme of the novel. Although probably growing up at a similar time to the author, living on another continent meant the growing up passage was entirely different. I mostly watched the liberated american lifestyle through movies, whilst back in England my passage to adulthood was full of formalities and respecting of elders. Trouble is your elders always were and will be older, so you never caught up and thus remained at a disadvantage. Emotions were stifled here and my outlet was to begin secret diaries and poems. Yet it was lovely to hear the vision and/or experiences of an american author shared in Beyond Believing. As Marx states this is her love letter to Dan, you can see she believes in what is beyond, as do I.

Beyond Believing is a journey of the heart and holding on to hope. The novel is about having faith that a destined pattern is underneath everything and the feelings as you struggle to retain this belief in the face of adversary. Olivia's soul mate Finn entered her life after she had endured years of teasing or pity over being single. I can relate to that. I believe readers will find some part of the story that they can relate to.

Healing with Raw Foods: Your Guide to Unlocking Vibrant Health Through Living Cuisine
by Jenny Ross

4.0 out of 5 stars including the best chart I have discovered for easily identifying which foods ..., 24 April 2015
Chef Jenny Ross of 118 Degrees living foods restaurant has teamed up with Gabriel Cousens, Dr.Michael Shannon and Dr.David Amen to see exactly how raw foods will help you reach optimum health. This is the raw food book I wished was released when I started my dietary transformation. Yet,  as I look deeply into each type of food I consume, I can refine my diet according to areas of my body I wish to strengthen, rather than eating to improve my health generally. Thus, part one is aimed at beginners, or for your friends and relatives when they entertain you. Part two is for healing from head to toe, commencing with discussing food as a preventative medicine. The importance of Alkaline balance is shared, including the best chart I have discovered for easily identifying which foods are acid and which are alkaline. The chart guides you through each category and level of acidity or alkalizing properties. Protein, Amino Acids, Fat, Fatty Acids and Micronutrients are also discussed.

Ross includes affirmations and advice from the chef at the beginning of each chapter, for healing the body with raw foods. I chose an example of affirmations for immunity:-

"I lovingly release all negativity from my body. My body reflects my positive nature"

"My immune system supports my body. I am strong, healthy and resilient"

For boosting your brain health you might like to select Tomato Stacks With Spinach Pesto Filling, rich in antioxidant lycopene. The photograph of the luscious recipe that includes hass avocado, spinach, basil, pistachios and other delicious ingredients looks simply mouth watering. The next chapter addresses immune health, followed by healing your heart, diabetes, musculoskeletal system and completing with the digestive tract. The recipes are approachable and tasty, especially the Green Apple Salad to strengthen your bones,  made with Granny Smith apples , young coconut flesh, hass avocado, gogi berries,  and hemp seeds. You will also find an array of other equally tempting recipes including baby kale salad with spanish garden dressing for your digestive tract, tangerine beet slaw to heal your heart, smoothies, wraps, bars, kale chips, cookies, raw cheese, crackers, breads,spreads, soups and desserts.

Healing with Raw Foods has great photography, lovely art, clear design, uncomplicated cuisine and specific focus on nutrition for various areas of the body.

GRDE® Smart Sound Control Lamp, Lucky Bedside Table Lamp with Sound Activated Function, Energy Saving LED Night Light, Great Gift for Children (Upgrade Version, UK Plug)
Offered by UK tree

4.0 out of 5 stars My main interest in the lamp was for Feng Shui ..., 22 April 2015
My main interest in the lamp was for Feng Shui. I have been interested in the art of Feng Shui for a number of years, and have had a consultation on improving the luck in my life through this art. I found it worked, so was naturally curious to place the lamp in the relationship corner to see the effects of doing so. I have also tried different coloured front doors, and also followed the advice given from the expert that visited my home. What to put in the relationship corner had eluded me thus far. The lamp arrived long after I married, so I thought of it as anchoring my marriage more deeply. The symbol is used in weddings, for luck for the couple.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Simian Power Up 5400 mAh Water Resistant Power Bank for Tablets & Smartphones - features Torch and LED Power Indicators - 3 Year Warranty
Offered by iHeadphones UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality lightweight compact powerbank with rapid charging capabilities, 22 April 2015
The power bank is a nice lightweight unit, perfect for regular use due to the compact size. The power bank was used to charge an iPhone all day and on another occassion, Samsung. Both devices were kept fully charged, and impressively quickly, too. The appearance and practicality of the power bank, makes this a highly desirable unit to buy. Both myself and my husband love using the power bank. The power bank seems dependable and manufactured to a high standard quality. I have no qualms to recommend the unit to potential buyers.

Pixnor P2016 Portable 7-in-1 Facial Brush Body Cleansing System with 2 Speeds for Women&Men to Renew Skins with a Refreshed and Smooth Feel-Deeply Cleaning Skin - Natural Anti-aging - Microdermabrasion Cleanser Tool Kit - Exfoliating Dead Skin Cells - Stimulate Collagen - Beauty Care Massager Facial&Body Cleanser Powered by 2*AA battery(Rosy)
Offered by PixnorStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Dense brush heads, yet soft and gentle on your skin., 22 April 2015
I love the small compact size of the brush, as it is perfect for travelling. The rose colour is divine and it is lightweight. The density of the brushes is very good, providing firm, yet gentle cleansing. I had a similar brush years ago, although I prefer the quality of this brand. Simply a lovely way to apply cleansers!

PIXNOR 11 Pairs of 36cm Silver Stainless Steel Straight Single Pointed Knitting Needles Crochet Hooks with Different Size of 2.0mm /2.5mm /3.0mm /3.5mm /4.0mm /4.5mm /5.0mm /5.5mm /6.0mm /7.0mm /8.0mm
Offered by PixnorStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight set, thus good for elderly knitters, 22 April 2015
The knitting needles arrived yesterday, perfectly packaged. It is a nice large set, gifted to my mother who has always loved knitting. She eagerly accepted the lovely individually packaged set. The needles are lightweight, which may suit elderly or arthritic knitters. The plastic tops are unobtrusive and neat. The price is good considering the size of the set, which would cost alot more in the shops.

Cashew By Egoz Travel Gear Money Belt Undercover Waist Bag Pouch Bag Secures Cash Cards Passport Tickets Mobile - 100% Polyester, 2 Zip Pockets, Adjustable Strap, Side Clip, Washable - Light Slim Comfortable - Delux (Khaki)
Offered by Sport-Items

5.0 out of 5 stars Made out of thick satin look material, and attractively shaped. Best money belt I have discovered. Stunning colour, 15 April 2015
The Cashew Travel Money Belt by Egoz is the finest quality that I have ever come across, and I am delighted to discover that money belts are made of high quality material. I have the beautiful khaki colour, which I recommend, as it is more invisible under clothing. The thick satin material has an attractive pattern, making this a delight to wear, if you are not hiding it beneath clothes. Even the webbing edging that finishes off all of the edges is thicker than I have seen on similar items. The entire design is stylish, rather than the usual and purely functional money belts. It is great, also, to see proper full sized zips on this item, as they glide open and shut with ease (important when you don't want to get tickets and other paper items stuck and ripped). The elastic belt is easily expandable, and has a very secure, yet easy to use clasp which is unlikely to ever come undone (very important if you are carrying a smartphone). I have experienced other money belts coming undone, so it is crucial that the money belt does its job, when you are travelling, so your hands are free to carry suitcases, other items, or just free to enjoy walking/hiking/other activities. All my must-carry items were accommodated perfectly.The mesh back looks much thicker than on other money belts, so should make my time using the money belt the most comfortable as yet!
Highly recommended! Amazing price, too!

Leather Jumping Rope Golden Stallion by NutriChamp® with wooden handle - hand made - skipping rope with ball bearings and removable weights - Jumping rope for adults - finally a leather skipping rope with adjustable length - last jump rope you will ever need - The best investment for your dream figure and health
Offered by Amipe

5.0 out of 5 stars The smell of quality leather hits you as soon as you open the package, then the beautifully varnished quality wood handles, 14 April 2015
The Leather Golden Stallion jump rope is the fastest I have experienced to date. The leather is much lighter than its plastic or rope counterparts, just watch your light fittings if using indoors, especially if you have not adjusted or have no need to adjust the jumping rope. I was jumping faster than I had in my life, as the equipment did not hold me back. I cannot imagine even a seasoned athlete being restricted by the Golden Stallion jump rope. The photo does not do justice to the premium quality of the product. As soon as you open the package, you can smell the premium leather, and notice the perfectly varnished beautifully shaped handles. Speaking of such, the handles are the most comfortable I have used to date. You will not need to pause to adjust the handles due to being uncomfortable. Beautiful product!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2015 1:13 PM BST

Do You Have the Courage to Be You?: You Were Created on Purpose for a Purpose
Do You Have the Courage to Be You?: You Were Created on Purpose for a Purpose
by Jenny Williamson

5.0 out of 5 stars I found the wisdom about belonging to be wonderful to read, 13 April 2015
If you ever felt diving into the unknown caused you unprecedented fear, so was searching for support, then this book is for you. If you have been soul searching, wondering what your destiny is, Williamson will be your guiding light and hold your hand. Sadly too many people do not have sufficient courage to live their destiny, and envy those who are brave enough to embrace their destiny, their reason for being born on the planet at this specific time.

The book is divided into two parts, with part 1 focusing on your identity and part two focusing on destiny. I sailed through part 1, as the divine set everything up in my life to encourage self-reflection and assist others to do the same. For those who are unsure of their identity, spend some time with part 1, where the author brings together wisdom from her own experiences and some other key teachings. I found the wisdom about belonging to be wonderful to read. Williamson has a uniquely direct and emotive way of sharing deep feelings that one would normally keep concealed, as she shares in a manner that is revealing, almost, as a diary. This allows the magic of healing to transpire, as by bringing situations out into the open, they can be healed through addressing the issues. Once you are solid in your identity, move on to part 2.

Transitioning is the choice word of the author, although I do have certain feelings triggered by this word. Perhaps as I used the word to describe my father's departure from this world. So many people wish to learn the secrets of how successful people were courageous enough to seize the moment and every destined opportunity. Sadly, the success stories are often far too edited, leaving out the joining of the dots. You may be left wondering how. The author changes all that. She shares every intrinsic part of the journey, that you may make your journey also. She discusses fear in great depth and how to move beyond mediocrity. She lovingly shares words that she sensed from the creator:

The dreams you carry were placed there by me and will not fit into your present circumstances, so do not even try. Do not trust what you see, trust me. I will birth what I planted within you when the time is right.

Words of advice from Williamson follow:

Do not despair if your dreams do not fit into your circumstances Change is just around the corner.

The author shares many personal stories and has not let others or herself hold her back. She shares how you, too, can let go and also not permit others to prevent you moving forward into your destiny. In chapter 17, Williamson shares a the words on a card from Maya Angelou:

"Today I wish for you one perfect moment when you are utterly yourself, when you are convinced you are God's own child...when you realize that everything is within your grasp"

I recall a quote I read as I was making big changes in my life, otherwise I felt I would die inside:

Boldness has the magic power and genius in it - Goethe

Without those words beckoning me forth, and turning to God each and every step of the way, I may not be here reviewing this book. The great news is that Williamson shows you how to take the leap in DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO BE YOU. She reminds you of your purpose and calling, and how this may have been evident if you search right back to your childhood. The book is timely, given the immense shifts on the planet at this time.

OZ Naturals - THE BEST Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Skin - Clinical Strength Anti Aging Serum - Best Anti Wrinkle Serum With Vitamin C + Vitamin E - Our Customers Call It A Facelift In A Bottle. This Vegan Hyaluronic Acid Serum Will Plump & Hydrate Dull Skin As It's Designed To Fill Those Fine Lines & Wrinkles. Satisfaction 100% GUARANTEED!
Offered by OZ Naturals EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Invigorating. Moisture travels deep into the skin, thus more effective., 11 April 2015
I was very surprised at how rapidly the Oz Naturals Serum absorbed, which is a good sign that it is moisture is travelling deep down, thus more effective. The texture of the serum is very nice, just like a gel. You only need a few drops, really. It is quite invigorating, probably due to the aloe vera, which is great for the skin, and also the witch hazel in the product. The only reason I did not give the product 5 stars, is because I like the 100% hyaluronic acid, but then you pay £95! Hyaluronic acid is truly great to use on your skin and I was advised to use this on my skin by an expert in Harley Street. The product is gentle, as all of the ingredients are natural, so it does not sting (and I have sensitive skin). If you have many skin issues to address, use all over regularly (daily at least). If not, then the product will go further if you apply just where needed. Arrived nicely packaged and fast.

Product was received in exchange for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20