Profile for Stex > Reviews

Content by Stex

Stex

Rubies Batman Brave Chest Child (Small)
Rubies Batman Brave Chest Child (Small)
Offered by Accessory-Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 26 Jan. 2015
I have no idea how this seller came up with the sizing for this product - it is HUGE and it will be years before my 3 year old will be able to wear it. I do not recommend it and would go so far as to say DO NOT BUY THIS.

This Book Will Make You Mindful
This Book Will Make You Mindful

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good introduction to Mindfulness, 26 Jan. 2015
Hurrah - another book in the "This book will..." series. I was kindly given this book as a gift by a friend who knew that I wanted to find out more about giving myself some Me time and had enjoyed other books in the series. It explains everything very clearly, and as some of the ideas are very simple I am already trying them out. A very good reference book with lots of information and exercises that make it apply to me. Written in the same friendly, down to earth and knowledgeable way as I have come to expect from the authors.

This Book Will Make You Confident
This Book Will Make You Confident

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the This Book Will... series, 8 Feb. 2014
These books are a bit of a find. I ordered “This Book Will Make You Calm” and found it really useful, I spotted that there was a series of books and bought this one as well! They are really helpful books, full of advice and ways to encourage you to follow that advice. The authors manage to write in a way that makes it feel like your friend is helping you; while imparting very helpful, sound advice and coaching you through steps and practices to make you confident. No nonsense diagrams, practical check lists and and easy to follow techniques to bring out the best of you.

This Book Will Make You Calm
This Book Will Make You Calm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful - great book, 8 Feb. 2014
What a great book - really helpful and very interesting. I thought it was written in a friendly narrative, backed up by sound psychological advice – which I could understand! Full of practical check lists to focus your mind and help you put in to action the suggestions. Easy to follow, easy to understand, easy to read and easy to do. Also, it’s the perfect size to put in my bag and take with me. This book is part of a series and as well as recommending them to my friends, I’ve also ordered some of the others because I found this one so helpful.

The 2-Day Diet: Diet Two Days a Week. Eat Normally for Five.
The 2-Day Diet: Diet Two Days a Week. Eat Normally for Five.
by Michelle Harvie

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of errors, 28 May 2013
Maybe I was sent a proof copy, but this book is absolutely full of errors, bad formatting and mistakes. Not what I expect to buy from Amazon. Very poor and not recommended.

Baby's Very First Book:Faces
Baby's Very First Book:Faces
by John Fordham
Edition: Rag Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 1st Baby Book, 29 Dec. 2011
This book is great. My baby loved it from a very early age, either with me reading it or just staring at the black and white contrast and faces inside. It's a perfect material for a very young baby as they can't hurt themselves with it and perfect for sucking when they get to that stage. The mirror provides lots of entertainment as they stare at the 'other' baby's face. The attachment for hanging is also useful when in the car seat or in the pram. It may only have 3 pages and a mirror, but that's all a baby really wants.

Sunshine Kids Easy View Back Seat Mirror
Sunshine Kids Easy View Back Seat Mirror

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful mirror, 29 Dec. 2011
A useful mirror to keep an eye on baby in the back of the car when driving. It was easy to attach and set up to get the optimum view of baby. The only problem is that my car has tinted windows, so I can't actually see baby very well. However, of course, the mirror is no use when it's dark, either due to tinted windows or night time.

Lamaze Play And Grow Sir Prance-a-Lot
Lamaze Play And Grow Sir Prance-a-Lot
Offered by EDUFUN - UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 29 Dec. 2011
I bought this toy for my son when he was 2 months old and he loved it. Lots of different textures to try and grab hold of, rings that rattle, a clip to hang it from his car seat or pram. I can see that he's going to get a lot of use from it as he grows. Very reasonably priced too.