Profile for Alan Parkinson > Reviews

Content by Alan Parkinson

Alan Parkinson "Rosco O Gymru" (Abertawe,Cymru.)

XMI X-Mini Uno Portable Mini Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Very long lasting on one charge and nice sounds for the size., 11 Sep 2014
Nice for those days when you are working weekends or late in the office. One charge goes a long way.

Cateye Bike Bell OH-1100, Black
Cateye Bike Bell OH-1100, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I had mine for £6, where Amazon get off putting it up to £15 is beyond me and logic., 11 Sep 2014
So this review is based upon the £6 selling price. It is just a bell, loud, clear and removes those pesky pedestrians on the cycle path (yes big 6 inch line the middle with a picture of a person on one side and a bicycle on the other does indeed, indicate where we both should be), I digress :).
The actual loop, geared fitting is a rather brilliant feature and easy to install. The best feature for me is that you can angle the thumb press left and right. This may sound insignificant, but given my gear mechs are right next to the handgrips, reaching the old bell (which fell off on the rough road of the Black Mountain) was hard work and I had to let go of the grip to use. Having the ability to angle towards the grip, means I can retain full control of steering while annoying the hell out of those pesky bipeds with the tintinnabulation of my cateye bell.
DO wait until they are £6 again though :)

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection [Blu-ray] [1931] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Boris Karloff
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent box set., 31 Dec 2013
I'll start by stating that I paid only £18 for this box set. I won't review the actual classic films, as if you are interested in this set, then you already know they are classics of their time. The packaging is well presented, discs are two in each fold out wall. The booklet is informative and the postcards are lovely (worth framing for mini posters on the wall). Each disc is packed with plenty of extras. Conclusion: If you are here for the classic films, then buy this set.

Neet© - 3 Port HDMI AUTO SWITCH 3x1 Mini Hub Box (3 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD v1.3b HDMI Switcher
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Switch and Amazing Cables., 21 July 2010
I bought the NEET HDMI switch and 3 HDMI cables for use with my XBOX 360 and PS3.
Already having a decent but more expensive cable which I had to keep swapping to use each machine, I can say with ease that replacing it with the NEET switch and cable gives the same quality from both machines.
I basically bought 3 cables and the switch for the same price as my single cable. Delivery was within 2 days and the switch is a dream to use (meaning I don't even know it's there). If you need to use a switch (most of us do) then look no further. Don't let the low price fool you into thinking it's low quality, it's not. The picture from both machines is pin perfect. The switch auto detects the incoming signal
I pride myself in having a good picture being a gamer and blu ray fan and these cables and switch don't let that quality down. I have recommended them to all my friends and have given them demonstrations when gaming.
I rarely give reviews, but if you are reading this then you want an honest opinion. Look no further, these deliver the quality you want, at a price you didn't expect.