Profile for osi > Reviews

Leather Aroma Gel - 100ml
Offered by Brilliant Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars The real thing?, 27 Sep 2014
This review is from: Leather Aroma Gel - 100ml
Why don't modern cars smell like leather anymore? Did you know that leather used to be treated with animal urine? Well, I don't know what is in this jar but I can tell you that to my knowledge it is as close as you will get to the real thing so far!

The Police: Certifiable [Blu-ray] [2008]
The Police: Certifiable [Blu-ray] [2008]
Dvd ~ Ann Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster ego must have!, 12 July 2014
Excellent blu-ray quality video, great 5.1 sound, unlike some of the so called blu-ray concerts i have bought recently (Coldplay, Peter Gabriel) which may as well have been vhs for the sound and abstract vision! Anyway, although you cant help thinking this is yet another vehicle for Sting's monster ego (which is how it appears judging by his behaviour toward his fellow achieved collaborators.. The Police), this is an excellent epitaph. Let's face it, we're never going to see it again. They don't need the money and Stings ego is sanctified. So definitely, this is one for the archive keep library!

Wireless IP camera Pan/Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor built-in microphone and speaker allow you to communicate with people directly support mobile phone viewing
Offered by COOLEAD

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget wifi, 26 Jun 2014
Firstly, there seem to be about a dozen different types, so mine has got KFLY written on the front. Basically, this is a fantastic little camera for the money. It ticks most of the boxes and for the price and cannot imagine you could do better but.... Forget the wifi! I have tried for 3 days to try and set this up so I have now resigned myself to drilling a hole in the wall and feeding the lan cable thru it. I did all the hub settings and tried various different settings. Someone said that the IP address is different for the wifi MAC but for the life of me there is no documentation relating to this. The only contact web address in the documentation leads nowhere. I tried the Lsearch tool and nothing about the wifi config, only the lan. It comes up on the web via lan as 192.168.0.7 but it will not perform on wifi. So there we are, a really great lan security camera!

Emerson Lake and Palmer: 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert
Emerson Lake and Palmer: 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert
Dvd ~ Lyn Beardsall
Offered by The Canny Store

4.0 out of 5 stars They just keep going, 15 Mar 2014
Firstly, and most importantly, the sound is disappointing. When I expect 5.1 I expect to hear 5.1.. which you don't. I tried every permutation but basically there is no centre channel and anything that come from the rear speakers is crowd noise. That aside, once again they complete a convincing performance. Despite Keith's earlier issues with his hands, he is once again on excellent form. Carl Palmer is not quite as technically brilliant as he once was but still far surpasses the average drummer. Grey Lake, standing like a mountain (how does he carry that weight?) still does his thing with his usual perfection. The bass is as proficient as ever as is the acoustic. Vocal range is more restricted than it used to be but he still has that wonderful tone. Grey looks slightly less dissatisfied than usual with the equipment and looks like he is enjoying himself too. I suspect tho if he doesn't lose some weight, his next performance will be a sitting down one! All in all a great DVD with all the old favourites!

3.0 out of 5 stars Someone at Apple needs to get real!, 19 Nov 2013
Ok, so this is as good as it gets. The quality is grainy but as I remember the original film, having been shot in low light was not exactly clever. The sound is clear and bright if a little lacking in body but it gets the message across. The point is that after a couple of generations since its initial release, isn't it about time that someone at Apple removed the finger from their backsides, swallower any long out of date pride and give this valuable piece of history the recognition it deserves. I have heard stories that it wasn't perceived to do The Beatles justice and I believe Neil Aspinall was none to happy with releasing it but for pity's sake, is it really going to damage anyone or anything in the Beatles empire? To my mind, it would show the younger generation who have the good taste to recognise the Beatles output that in fact, they were not only were a collective genius but human as well!

The Last Ship [Amazon Exclusive Super Deluxe Edition]
The Last Ship [Amazon Exclusive Super Deluxe Edition]

2.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Sting.. hello Gordon!, 16 Oct 2013
The low score is not because this isn't a proficient album. It is because of my disappointment of having hoped that Sting would finally once again produce something that we had all known and grown to love over the decades. For ten years I had looked forward to a time when we would finally get what Sting is famous for and not another collection of lutes and mandolins.. alas! What we have here is a mixture of rhymes put to an assortment of violins and acoustic instruments. I dare say that somewhere in there may have crept an electric bass or guitar but if so, they are hardly distinguishable and certainly not enough to elevate it from the ranks of folk music, not that there is anything wrong with folk music when you are expecting it. If you can imagine an album that has been built around a baseline of themes from the Titanic and The Pogues, Fairytale of New York, you will get the idea. Sure, there are fleeting moments of Soul Cages elements and as you will read in the cover note, Sting has alluded to this. Sadly however, TLS does not come close to the richness and solidity of Soul Cages. I cannot say the songs are that clever either. I read once that Sting took up the bass because he loved the sound it made. It is clear Sting has also grown to love the sound of many instruments, particularly the Spanish guitar. As a songwriter myself, I know how easy it is to pick up an instrument and become enchanted with some really simple chord progressions. Unfortunately it takes a good deal more to make a good song other than throwing in a some heart felt lyrics from a preconceived story line. Yet you cannot help thinking this is what has been done. Like I said, to some this will be a very proficient album except that Gordon/Sting MKII has put it together and unleashed it upon the world along the well trod red carpet monogrammed 'Sting.. Rock/Pop musician supremo'! To my mind, I don't think I have ever known anyone with the combined ingenuity of composer, instrumentalist, singer, arranger and producer as Mr S. The Last Ship clearly benefits from as fastidious a production as you would expect from him too. But, if you are looking for a return to what made Sting Sting... you can forget it! I seriously suggest that maybe Sting should take McCartney's Firemen lead in that if he is going to produce something so divorced from what people expect and want from him, rebrand! Like I said.. hello Gordon. Oh and ps, I wont even mention the pretentious theatrical dialect.... whoops, too late! He would have done better to leave all the singing to Jimmy Nail who may have lended a true theatrical performance to what is clearly an emotive subject in Sting's heart. I still love the real Sting and am grateful for everything we used to know him for. As usual with Sting I bought the all singing all dancing super duper Amazon deluxe version. In my view it was a mistake to release anything other than the basic album upon which the best songs are contained and I suggest anyone contemplating the purchase do just this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and great value, 2 Oct 2013
The prices on these things are all over the place. This batch of ten is excellent value and I had no trouble fitting them to side lights and interior to my Merc SLK with no Canbus error problems at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and no more than I expected, 2 Oct 2013
The pipe is too narrow for my flat pack bag, the seal is pretty poor and delivery took ages. Otherwise, provided you have a vacuum bag that fits the connector size which I guess is only Zehui bags,, regard it as a get you out of trouble device for travelling when you don't have a vacuum, cleaner handy!

Direct Motor Parts [ # 236 ]- Xenon HID Conversion Kit Bulb Holders Adapters
Direct Motor Parts [ # 236 ]- Xenon HID Conversion Kit Bulb Holders Adapters
Offered by The Digi Depot

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits SLK merc, 2 Oct 2013
I took a chance on this hoping in would fit my SLK R171 with and HID main beam conversion. Original carriers are hard to come by so I didn't want to butcher mine. As it happens this kit fits in the original insert fine. I needed to file the opening for the HID wires but otherwise great and versatile product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Only works on later SLK's, 8 July 2013
Beware, my 2005 SLK has the original long aerial which does NOT detach from the intermediate piece connect to the body fitted to the car. I tried to dismantle the original aerial almost to the point of breaking it so unless someone tells me any different, you're stuck buying a new OEM!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3