Profile for Jaxim01 > Reviews

Content by Jaxim01

Jaxim01 "Jax" (leicestershire, england)

Replica
Replica
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a splendid read!, 10 April 2011
This review is from: Replica (Kindle Edition)
Having read Lexi's previous book Remix, I hoped that her latest book would be as enjoyable, and my hopes were well and truly answered - if anything, Replica is even better! Don't be put off if you don't like Sci-fi, as, aside from the premise that another human being can be replicated, there is no further techno/scientific aspect to this book, rather just a jolly good read more in the thriller genre. I won't go into the plot here (just read the book!) but suffice to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all the characters and their interactions. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a book so much - I read it in 1 day, and I can wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a book which has a good plot, great characters and is very well written, hence the 5 star rating.

Cries in the Dark
Cries in the Dark
Price: 3.21

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining and informative, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Cries in the Dark (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be a well written and entertaining read and would recommend it wholeheartedly. A good storyline and plot, attractive hero and heroine who are well portrayed, an interesting subject well handled and, above all, a spiffing good read. I managed to read this book in one sitting. Other reviewers have covered the storyline, so I'll not reiterate what has already been said, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and at a Kindle price of 72p, who can go wrong!

Dreamer's Cat:  a sci-fi murder mystery with a killer twist
Dreamer's Cat: a sci-fi murder mystery with a killer twist
Price: 2.39

4.0 out of 5 stars ..cat o'three tails!, 20 Nov 2010
Stephen Leathers first attempt at Sci/Fi is, in my view, a very creditable effort. I especially like the rapport between the 'hero' and the cat ( I would love to be able to talk to my cat and vice versa!), and the unusual format/layout of of the storyline was well crafted and imaginative. Although this genre is not an overall generally popular one, I would not hesitate to recommend this read. Well done, Stephen

The Captive Queen
The Captive Queen
by Alison Weir
Price: 12.77

5.0 out of 5 stars captive queen, 10 May 2010
This review is from: The Captive Queen (Hardcover)
This book was up to Alison Weir's usual high standards and really brought alive the characters and period. A pleasure to read.

The Complete Book of Mince
The Complete Book of Mince
by Rene La Sagne
Price: 6.56

4.0 out of 5 stars mincing my words!, 20 Mar 2010
Interesting book in as much as it's the first cookery book I've ever had which is written in a spoof style! A few good tips too.