Profile for Shannon Briggs > Reviews

Victorian Household - Replica Memorabilia Pack
Victorian Household - Replica Memorabilia Pack
Offered by Resources for Teaching

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Quality Like Always, 9 Jan. 2016
Pure quality. Exactly what I expect from this company. I own over ten different memorabilia packs, four replica newspapers and a massive box of WWI memorabilia (not seen on their website or on Amazon, can only be bought from certain museums. I bought mine from Chislehurst Caves.)

This memorabilia pack is full of interesting items that you can spend hours reading.

But... (Yes, there's a but.)

It seems to me that this pack isn't as full as the other packs. It seems that this pack features less items than the other packs. That's not to say that there's hardly anything in it, you still get a lot of things but it just feels like the other packs usually feature more items than this one has...

It's still worth the money, mind you, but if you already own another memorabilia pack, you'll notice the difference instantly (or at least, I did).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Royal & Langnickel Blending Stumps, Pack of 3
Royal & Langnickel Blending Stumps, Pack of 3
Offered by Avatar Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Work brilliantly., 9 Jan. 2016
I had received some of these things from a drawing set a long time ago. They blew my mind. They really revolutionised the way I draw... But, after 5 years they were barely usable. I didn't know what they were called and so didn't know where I could purchase more of them and so I was stuck using scrunched up paper.

After a good search on the Internet (mainly me searching for "smudgy stick things for artists") I managed to finally find these.

I ordered them and used them as soon as they were delivered. They work brilliantly, better than the other ones I had. My images look spectacular thanks to these.

They help with the shading sooo much. When I was younger, I used to use my fingers to smudge the graphite but, as you can imagine, it was very dirty and my finger tips were too big for the small tiny details of my portraits.

These things have genuinely made my life better.

AmazonBasics USB Cable 2.0 A-Male to Micro B (0.9 m / 3 Feet)
AmazonBasics USB Cable 2.0 A-Male to Micro B (0.9 m / 3 Feet)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just fits in the Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet., 9 Jan. 2016
Someone actually bought this for me on their Amazon account and not on my account but I decided to leave a review anyway.

I got two cables and they work fine. The micro USB end is ridiculously bulky but it luckily fits in my Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet. So if anybody was looking to replace the USB cable for that (which I was) then don't worry, it'll fit. But it only JUST fits.

It doesn't work with the PS4 controller. The cable to charge the PS4 has to be USB 3.0. I thought I'd mention that in case anybody was going to purchase these cables for their controller.

I'll repeat, IT WON'T CHARGE THE PS4 CONTROLLER.
Comment Comment | Permalink

IPUK - Easy Tidy Play & Storage mat - Quickly swoops into a shoulder bag - Ideal for Lego, Duplo & other children's toys for faster cleanup! Atlantic Blue (Large- 150CM)
Offered by IPUK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing since sliced bread., 7 Nov. 2015
Works very well to keep the Lego all together.

In the past I've had a lot of trouble with Lego. I have a very large amount of it and getting it out was a major operation. Putting it away was close to torture as I suffer from a bad back and having to bend down and pick it all up caused me a lot of pain as it would take almost an hour to clear away. Once the box was put away, I always, ALWAYS, find a piece here and there on the carpet.

Getting this storage mat has changed my life. Now I don't have to worry. I get no second thoughts when I want to play with my Lego. I just get it out! I play with my Lego and don't feel like crying when I have to put it away, I simply pull on the string and the mat turns into a bag! It's wonderful.

It's a must have for anyone who owns Lego (or other similar products). A great invention so that parents don't have to have a panic attack everytime they hear the kids tip the Lego box out onto the floor.

Conclusion:

GET THIS.

The Day The Crayons Quit
The Day The Crayons Quit
by Drew Daywalt

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 7 Nov. 2015
Very funny storyline full of very interesting illustrations. A must have for all children... And adults!

How to Catch a Star
How to Catch a Star
by Oliver Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, Brilliant and Beautiful., 7 Nov. 2015
This review is from: How to Catch a Star (Paperback)
A very beautiful and charming story for all ages. Heck, I'm 18 and I'm smitten with the Oliver Jeffers books!

2x BPS 1150mAh LP-E8 LP E8 Li-ion Battery for Canon EOS 700D,EOS 650D,EOS 600D,EOS 550D Digital SLR Camera,Canon Battery Grip BG-E8,Canon Battery Charger LC-ECE
Offered by BestDeal-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does A Decent Job, 7 Nov. 2015
I bought these batteries because Canon is absolutely disgraceful for charging £50 for a battery. Around £20 would be acceptable but £50? No way!

They do the job. They don't last longer than Canon's official battery but I don't mind. I'd say they last around 3-4 hours when taking photos, under 2 hours when filming. That's good enough for me. I don't mind having to change the batteries throughout the day.

It was worth to price and I may buy another two soon.

Integral SD & SDHC Card Cases - 4 Pack
Integral SD & SDHC Card Cases - 4 Pack
Offered by KING OF FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you'd expect it to., 7 Nov. 2015
It does the job. Keeps my SD cards safe whilst I'm out and about taking photographs. The plastic doesn't feel cheap, it feels like it'll last for a while. Worth the price.

The LEGO Movie 70804: Ice Cream Machine
The LEGO Movie 70804: Ice Cream Machine
Offered by TRQuality

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!, 7 Nov. 2015
Such a great Lego kit for Lego Movie fans. The Icecream Van looks awesome. Definitely worth the price.

Wall-E [Blu-ray] [Region B] (Limited Edition)
Wall-E [Blu-ray] [Region B] (Limited Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless Masterpiece, 7 Nov. 2015
I adore this movie so much. It's so beautiful and full of emotion. It's a wonderful movie that I'm sure I'll be watching decades from now.

Great to watch with kids or just on your own. Appropriate for young children. Very entertaining for adults.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4