Profile for Shannon Briggs > Reviews

Content by Shannon Briggs

Shannon Briggs

Page: 1 | 2
Waterproof Anti-shock DSLR SLR Camera Case Bag with Extra Rain Cover for Nikon D3300,D3200, D3100, D3000,D810,D800,D610,D300,D7100,D7000,D5500,D5300,D5200,D5100,D90, Canon EOS 760D,750D,700D 650D 600D, 70D 60D 7D 6D 5D 1100D 1200D.
Offered by BV-electronics

3.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 22 Mar. 2015
I bought this for a Canon 700D with an EFS 18-55mm lens.

The bag is... decent. It's what you'd expect for the price tag. This is the kind of bag you'd get if you are on a budget. I just bought the camera last week and was desperate to buy a case but only had so much left after buying the lights, tripod, camera etc and so saw this for a decent price. It's not bad but I wish I had spent that little bit more for a higher quality bag.

The design is nice and the colour scheme is aesthetically pleasing. The materials used on the outside of the bag are fine but the material used on the inside feels awfully cheap and is very loose. I could imagine dropping this bag (from about waist hight) and the camera being safe but the padding is definitely too thin. The zips feel very cheap and I believe they won't last long. You get a waterproof cover to put over bag but it bothers me that it doesn't actually cover the whole bag.

I can /just/ fit my camera with lens, a few batteries, a couple SD cards in protective cases, a few cables and a cloth to clean the lens. If you have anymore than one lens to carry around, don't get this bag.

It's okay and has kept my camera safe so far. I know that in a few weeks I'll be replacing this and purchasing a match more high quality bag.
Comment Comment | Permalink

RPGT® Continuous Dual Lighting Kit with 125W 5500K Photo Lamp 84cm White Umbrella Light Stand Light Holder
Offered by RPGT™

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so happy with these lights. Excellent product and definitely worth every penny., 22 Mar. 2015
These lights are awesome. I am currently doing a stop motion animation and need a lot of light as I'm doing it in my bedroom which has quite a dim yellowish light which causes film and photographs to have a lot of noise. Even though they were cheap, they look high quality. Definitely worth the money... I'd say it's underpriced.

They light up the room perfectly and are wonderful to use. They don't get too hot which is great. It's very easy to set them up and to also take down, they store away very easily and can just slip under the bed out of the way.

Unfortunately they didn't have choice for next day delivery and was told it wouldn't arrive for a week. Strangely though, I recieved them only 3 days after ordering them. Which I am very happy about.

When I first got the lights, it came packaged very weirdly. The tripods, power cords and umbrellas were in a single box whoslt the light bulbs where outside of the box attached with a lot of tape and a black bin bag. Who ever packaged this is very crap at their job because I manged to fit everything in the one box with a lot of space left.
Comment Comment | Permalink

KitVision Large Monkee Grip Flexible Foam Tripod with Quick Release Plate for Bridge/Digital SLR Cameras - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Out of a scale of Blarg, urgh equaling bad and Huh, hmmm equaling good. I'd give it a Meh., 22 Mar. 2015
I bought this for my Canon 700D.

It's okay but I wouldn't recommend it for DSLRs or any large sized cameras. It says it can hold up to 800g (the Canon 700D weighs around 600g) yet it can't properly hold my camera. Taking a photograph whilst using it is a very stressful because you're constantly worried the thing is going to tip over. Its decent for the price but I've only used it a few times and that was because my proper tripod hadn't arrived at the time. I wish that I had bought it with the mobile phone holder because then I would have found it somewhat useful.

I'm sure I'll get some use out of it, mostly in the summer when I'm outside 24/7. Like going out on hikes; instead of carrying a heavy tripod I could just slip this into a rucksack. Although I don't fancy taking photographs at the edge of a cliff because this tripod is so light, I could easily imagine the bloomin' wind pushing the thing over and taking the camera with it.

The one good thing about this is its twistable legs and the fact that for even though it is cheap, it certainly doesn't feel cheap.

25mm Rainbow Ribbon. Double Sided. Decorative Ribbon. For Gift Wrapping, Card Making, Crafts and Scrapbooking, Gay Pride Ribbon. (3M)
Offered by The Little Button Craft Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars DOUBLE RAINBOW, 13 Mar. 2015
Covered all of my colourful rainbow needs.

Peppa Pig Theme Park
Peppa Pig Theme Park

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Peppa Pig Theme Park (App)
I own this app on my iPad Mini Retina.

I think this is the best Peppa Pig app out of the current ones I own (Peppa Pig's Holiday, Peppa Pig's Party, Peppa Pig's Sports Day and Peppa Pig - Polly Parrot) It's is definitively worth the £3.99 and I don't regret it one bit.

I really love Peppa Pig and this app has kept my attention for a long time. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and I still play it. My favourite mini game is the train one as I love trains dearly.

You should invest in all of the other Peppa Pig apps too. Peppa Pig's Party is another good quality app and is my second favourite.

Tangle Therapy by Tangle
Tangle Therapy by Tangle
Offered by tink n stink

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Tangle!, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Tangle Therapy by Tangle (Toy)
I have many Tangle toys. Right now I have 3 textured, 2 smooth, 2 fuzzy, 2 of those big ones, 1 metallic and a few that have gone missing over the years.

Out of all of those, this one is my favourite.

I have Autism (along with ADHD and OCD). I wouldn't classify this as a fidget toy for me, I use it for tactile feedback. The rubbery shell with the tickly bumps are brilliant.

It is tough and very hard to break apart. You really need to give it a big pull and even then it might not break apart. I'd say this is the toughest Tangle I've had.

It's not too big but it's not small either. I can just fit it in one hand (it's bigger than a normal Tangle and very thick), it moves easily and fluidly.

Excellent build quality and good materials makes this Tangle worth the asking price, so please don't get put by its price.

All in all, I recommend this to practically everybody.

PS: When you receive it, there is a booklet in the box that does spew out some rubbish about it helping your mental wellness... just ignore it. It did make me roll my eyes though, the crap that some people can believe is, well, unbelievable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2014 7:08 PM BST

Nintendo Wii U 32GB The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Premium Pack - Black (Nintendo Wii U)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and worth the price..., 15 May 2014
I received this as a birthday gift so it didn't cost me a thing which is always wonderful (thank you mum!) but I was compelled to write a review.

This pack is great, the design on the gamepad is beautiful and as a massive Zelda fan I automatically fell in love with it.

The game that comes with it (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD) is download only and isn't a physical disc, which is great for me as I enjoy just clicking on an icon and not messing around with discs, it took me half an hour to download but I have fast internet so it's hard to say how long it may take you.

You get a 32GB HDD which isn't a lot but the Wii U enables you to add external hard drive space so you won't have to worry about running out of space to download games.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)

5.0 out of 5 stars SO GOOD..., 15 April 2014
Wow, this game is just... marvelous.

I've been playing non-stop for the past 2 days and I can say it beats Donkey Kong Country for the SNES in my opinion and I highly regard Donkey Kong Country as one of my all top favourites.

It is hard in difficulty, so parents/guardians beware if you're buying this for a young child. You may have to do some of the levels for them just like my dad did back in the day, so you better hope you're good at platforming.

So yes, I couldn't recommend this game enough. Just... just buy the darn thing.

Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the reasons I bought a Wii U was to play this game..., 15 April 2014
Amazing game like always. Nintendo has never really let me down when coming to games.

The controls are tight so when you die you know it's your fault. The level design is different, my favourite being the shadow play one.

If you're purchasing this for a son, daughter, niece, nephew etc you are an awesome family member. This game is 'kid friendly', I was on a level that I was continuously dying on and soon after the game decided to be nice and gave me a power up making me immortal to enemies, so you won't have to worry about lil' Jimmy crying because he couldn't get past a boss.

This game is what you expect from Nintendo. It's high quality content that doesn't make you bored in 5 minutes and actually makes you want to play for a long time (I ended up playing non-stop for 2 days... so, yeah.)

It incorporates multiplayer but I can see children fighting over who gets the gamepad and who gets the Wiimote, so keep that in mind.

Yeah, so all in all the game is worth the money and can bring endless hours of joy to whomever is lucky enough to play this game and I sincerely recommend it.

Children's War Memorabilia Pack
Children's War Memorabilia Pack
Offered by Fruit Salad Retro

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and well printed., 4 April 2014
I didn't purchase this pack from Amazon but actually acquired it during a trip at a WW2 museum in London.

The company has put an amazing effort at making the items as close to the original as possible. It even has that old ageing smell. Everything is interesting. This pack includes adverts for toys, a ration book, postcards, a Boys Own magazine that has loads of wonderful content to read, a Children's Newpaper and more.

After reading everything and feeling more than happy with the content I decided to purchase 3 more packs; The Home Front, The 1950's Househole and 1960's Childhood. I plan to purchase a few more packs from the Mempack Company's website and hope you do to.

Pros:

Amazing quality
Great content
Interesting things
Decent price

Cons:

Small size (don't let that deter you as the newspaper folds out to an A4 size and I believe that was the size of the original documents)

Page: 1 | 2