Profile for jordan ingram > Reviews

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5): 5/7
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5): 5/7
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark, emotional, and incredible, 3 May 2005
At this time, you'll find exactly what J.K. Rowling has been doing: darkening and
maturing her books as her audience matures and grows older. This book, so far, is the darkest, saddest, and most emotional in the Harry Potter series. When you compare this to the first book, you'll find Harry's mind and feelings could never be more different, while in the first book, he is just 11 years old, and later, he's finding his emotions, and in each book he finds out a little bit more of what's going on in the world. If you thought the threat of Voldemort returning in the previous book (The Goblet Of Fire) was already bad, things get a little bit worse in this.
Besides the many more serious events in the book, there are some funny moments to help you get along a bit. Gilderoy Lockhart makes a hilarious re-appearance (assuming you remember his memory misfortune in The Chamber Of Secrets). At this point, his personality hasn't changed one bit. The only difference, really, is that he doesn't remember any of the people he met before his memory was damaged. He only has a moment's re-appearance, so he's not in for very long.
Remus Lupin (who first came into the story in The Prisoner Of Azkaban) makes a very good return. I was glad for the stories to have him back! In The Prisoner Of Azkaban, he is the new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher, but left quickly for his own reason. Every year, there has been a different teacher for that subject. I do wish Lupin could have stayed!
This is certainly the best book so far, but The Goblet Of Fire is easier to read if you want a story that has more fun and action.

Aurora
Aurora
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly beautiful!, 3 May 2005
This review is from: Aurora (Audio CD)
First of all, don't get confused; this is NOT the Christian sisters group called Aurora, this is a completely different band. Since they're UK-based, I decided I'd refer to them as Aurora UK to avoid the confusion. Anyway, this is no doubt the most beautiful music I have ever heard! Of course, I discovered this group completely by accident when I was searching for the other Aurora group, and I'm not sure what made me want to check them out. I guess I was just curious to see what they were like, since I couldn't search for the other Aurora without coming up with search results for this one. The music on this CD is totally unique, dreamy, beautiful, and, well, amazing! I honestly had a hard time describing the genre for it all. Anyway, let me review some of the songs...
Dreaming: Very great opener! The acoustic guitar gives it a very nice effect. One of the best mainstream pop-songs I've ever heard!
The Day It Rained Forever: Absolutely BEAUTIFUL track! The title is a bit odd, but the song has such a great feel to it. This one gets up with the first dance beat, while the previous track had regular drums. Lizzy's vocals are beautiful!
Ordinary World: This is a slower one, and it's an interesting one too, but it's still very pretty! Originally a Duran Duran song.
Your Mistake: This one kicks up a bit (with regular drums again) after the previous track. Very beautiful sound! Lizzy sounds great with the vocals again!
Hushabye: Here, we go slow again, but this is no doubt one of the most beautiful songs on the album! The lyrics have a bit of a lullaby-type of feel, but they don't have any non-sense! Very, very beautiful song. Something that can kind of make you drift peacefully off to sleep.
In My Skin: Now the dance beat comes back! VERY lovely song. The vocals and tune are just beautiful! It's one of those songs where you feel sort of like your floating away somewhere if you close your eyes. Great rhythm.
This Can't Be Love: Another VERY beautiful song!! There's still a dance beat, but don't let that drive you away if you don't like dance beats. The piano is great, and the vocals are beautiful again!
If You Could Read My Mind: Now we slow down again. It's a pretty song, but not my favorite.
To Die For: This one "makes up" for the previous track. It has very pretty guitar chords, and great vocals! Very nice song.
Hear You Calling: Absolutely one of the best Aurora UK songs! It's so beautiful and the lyrics are really deep. Great guitar and vocals again! Perfect closing for the album. Highly recommended!
Well, that wraps it up for my review of Dreaming. I'm not really sure what the people from Aurora UK are up to these days, because all their singles and CDs came out in 2002 and I've never heard anything else from them, so they're CDs are very hard to find. This CD is so awesome, it just makes me wish I had a Simon Mall gift card in my hand so I could use it to buy this online!

Jump5
Jump5
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites!, 3 May 2005
This review is from: Jump5 (Audio CD)
Ah, EARLY stuff. This was back in 2001, when Jump5 was just a pack of kids doing pop music and a bit of a Disney-esque sound. But, that hasn't driven me away. Though I'm usually listening to the World Wide Message Tribe type of dance music, I still have a place for Jump5. I still REALLY love this album! It brings back memories of 2003 when Jump5 was my favorite band, and one of my first little openings to dance music (V*Enna was actually my very first). I remember watching the music video for Spinnin' Around over and over again, and making up little lyrics in my head, singing them in the tune of Virtual Reality. This is always going to be one of my favorite pop albums, because it's a piece of who I was...and still piece of me now! But a lightly hidden piece. It's hard for me to pick a favorite song, since I love them all, but I guess I'll pick Change A Heart-Change The World, Spinnin' Around, Virtual Reality, When I Say Your Name, and God Bless The USA. Spinnin' Around, Virtual Reality, and When I Say Your Name are fun party style songs that are easy to like. Change A Heart-Change The World is fast and fun, but it has a very pretty tune, awesome lyrics, and a great sound. God Bless The USA is just amazing, while Jump5 gives it a good new sound. It's not fast paced, it's slow, but it's still VERY good. They did great on the vocals, and the music was great! I'll always love this album!

Beauty from Pain
Beauty from Pain

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 3 May 2005
This review is from: Beauty from Pain (Audio CD)
Superchick's brand new album that released just a few weeks ago. It is very great and far better than I expected! It's perfect genre is this: pure rock and a bit of punk. Lyrically, it is very deep (take Courage), sometimes emotional (take Stories and Beauty From Pain), and also very honest (take Bowling Ball). I'd certainly say my very favorite track on the album is Bowling Ball, a very good rock tune with great guitar and vocals, with honest lyrics ("You need that boy like a bowling ball dropped on your head, which means not at all / You have too much to give to live to waste your time on him"). I highly recommend this album! Go check it out. You might like it.

Blur
Blur
Offered by Giant Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The best remix album ever, and one of my favorite albums!, 2 May 2005
This review is from: Blur (Audio CD)
Remix albums never seem to do much for me. But with this one, it's different. Rachael and her mixers put some mind into this. I was not left disappointed with the songs, which is very unusual.
There is a perfect combination of hip-hop, pop, and dance on this. There was a sound with more youthful interest put into some remixes, such as "Free", "I'm All Yours", and "Savior Song".
The remixes of "Day Of Freedom" and "Live For You" shared a bit of a Middle-Eastern feel, while "Live For You" did not only share that, but also had it's own extremely fast-tempo dance effect, which was unlike "Day Of Freedom".
I must say, "Blessed" and "A Song For You" had matured so much with the remixes. Especially "A Song For You". That one sounds just as it says it does (London Day Dream). It did have more of a dreamy effect, and also an "up-beatish" sound, but not to incredibly upbeat, which is good.
The remixes of "For Your Love" and "Lead Me (I'll Follow)" never seemed to be noticed very much. Many people have expressed "For Your Love" to have to much of a "sleepy" sound for them, but not for me, I turned out to really like the sound of it, just as much, if not more than the original. "Lead Me (I'll Follow)" was much better than the original (to me). Again, it sounds just as it says it does (Elevation).
One thing I did like about this album, is that all the songs had the right remix titles for themselves. You don't really have to listen to the songs to know what they sound like, you just look at the remix title, and then use your imagination. Anyway, this is a GREAT album and you don't wanna miss it!

All The Joy In The World
All The Joy In The World

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Christmas CD ever!, 26 April 2005
This CD really rocks. Usually, I had this weird thing at winter where I hated everything about Christmas (yes, I was once like that), but when I listened to samples of this CD, it totally brightened the holidays and I knew I just had to have it (well, I still don't have it). They do the traditional songs just the way I like them!
Joy To The World (5/5): This is my favorite version of this song! I didn't like it until I heard J5 do it! If you don't mind, it is VERY poppy sounding.
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (3/5): Hmm..this isn't my favorite. I don't usually like this song. I'm not sure what to think about it.
Sleigh Ride (5/5): I've always loved this song, but I loved it even more when I heard J5 do it! I really like this version..it's pretty and poppy!
Wonderful Christmastime (4/5): I always did like this song, but of course, nobody can do it like Jump5! I really like it. If you didn't like the original version, you surely will end up liking this one!
Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree/Jingle Bell Rock (5/5): I REALLY LOVE this one! It really rocks. It has a "feel-good" sound. It's one of my favorite Christmas songs!
Strange Way To Save The World (4/5): This song has been re-done lots of times, and so far Jump5 does my favorite version! It's very pretty and Lesley's vocals sound great.
Remixes (5/5): Well, these are just as good as the originals, if not better! Otherwise, I would ditto the comments on Sleigh Ride and Wonderful Christmastime.

Bigger Than Us
Bigger Than Us
Offered by FM Bookshops

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely way totally awesome!, 14 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Bigger Than Us (Audio CD)
Wow. If I thought their first album was amazing, this is way beyond! Almost all the songs have some ballad relation. There isn't a song on the CD I don't like, but the stand-out tracks, to me, are "Way That You Love Me", "I Dedicate This Heart", "Bigger Than Us", "Turn It Around", and "Forever". So I'll review those ones...
"Way That You Love Me": This one is fun, and kinda loud (in a good way, I like loud songs). The beat is really cool.
"I Dedicate This Heart": This is probably my favorite out of all my stand-out tracks. It has the best sound and lyrics. It actually made me cry, and made me think a lot. Very beautiful.
"Bigger Than Us": This one is very nice, and pretty. Probably the quietest ballad Aurora ever did, but it's very, very good!
"Turn It Around": This one is totally cool! Awesome melody. I love the overall sound and the strings in the background. Very nice!
"Forever": This one is really cool! Not the fastest song Aurora ever did, but it has cool sounds and vocals. A favorite.
If I could use 3 words to describe the whole CD, they would be "amazing", "nice", and "beautiful". Enjoy!

Triumphantine
Triumphantine

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Angie is awesome!, 8 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Triumphantine (Audio CD)
On this album, Miss Angie is all at once weird, mysterious, and awesome. This album is soo different, I don't know how she got the imagination for it all! I find all the songs very easy to like. If only Miss Angie were still around today; I just can't imagine how she could be any better than this! Triumphantine is such a classic and your CD collection is nothing without it.

Raise Your Game
Raise Your Game
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tribe is awesome!, 8 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Raise Your Game (Audio CD)
I've heard quite a bit of this album, and it is truely awesome! I love "B-Boy" and "Raise Your Game". Emma Owen is a great rapper! The Tribe gets better all the time! Check out their new album "Message To The Masses".