Profile for Alex > Reviews

Stellar Samurai Knife Deba - 6.5" / 165mm - SS03
Stellar Samurai Knife Deba - 6.5" / 165mm - SS03
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking Sharp!, 8 July 2010
Samurai steel is renowned for being strong and sharp. Been using my Stellar set of these knives for about 1 year now, and I had wondered if the blades would loosen in the handles, but as of yet absolutely no complaints.

They are still really sharp and beautifully crafted while still being easy to hold and use. I picked them up due to the different style and being impressed with the attention to detail in the blades. Great for everything, meat, veggies, salad & fruit, chopping - dicing - slicing.

If treated with respect and cleaned properly, avoiding the dishwasher (as with any good knife!), I'm sure they will continue to impress.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2011 6:56 PM BST

Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug, Red
Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug, Red
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

4.0 out of 5 stars Workplace Saviour, 8 July 2010
I was so sick of drinking tea at work and would not resort to instant coffee as I have an espresso machine at home and am a bit of a coffee snob!

My partner bought me one if these and I use it everyday. It's just like a a cafetiere and now I can drink filter coffee at work. Easy to clean out and fairly robust, with good thermal insulation, a drink will stay warm for a while. It is so good, I've bought one for my partner, so that she too can have coffee at work.

The aesthetics is the only let down. With coffee culture being so wide now, it's a shame that the mugs look a little like camping crockery. That said, function over form - great design. I'm sure if you buy one, you'll never go back to instant!

Skins - Series 1-3 [DVD]
Skins - Series 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kaya Scodelario
Offered by EagleDVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Channel 4 At it's best, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Skins - Series 1-3 [DVD] (DVD)
If you can get past the coarse language, drugs and sex - it's great!

Series 1-3 in one box at a fantastic price compare to anything I could find in the high-street.

VW Polo Variant 2000-2002 H4 H-4 HEADLIGHT BULBS
VW Polo Variant 2000-2002 H4 H-4 HEADLIGHT BULBS
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong fitment, 8 July 2010
These bulbs did not fit my 2001 VW Polo 1.4SE despite being listed for "VW Polo 2000-2002". The size of the bulbs is far greater than the bulbs I was replacing and come nowhere near to fitting the aperture in the headlight to be able to use them. They are however the correct Wattage & Voltage!

Fortunately, they look as though they will fit my motorbike, so I've kept them!

The Rough Guide to the First-Time Around the World - Edition 2
The Rough Guide to the First-Time Around the World - Edition 2
by Doug Lansky

4.0 out of 5 stars Good snippet for the first-time backpacker, 5 Jan 2010
This was bought as a gift for a friend, but having a quick thumb through, the books seems to contain a lot of useful information.

Having done a fair bit of backpacking, I would recommend this book to anyone considering going travelling or taking a gap year. It gives you a good idea of where to start, info on health, visas, travel arrangements and other general tips.

I would recommend accompanying this book with the Wexas Travel guide which gives a run down on all popular travel destinations. Combined, the two books should give you enough information to get you ready to skip country!