Profile for shafter > Reviews

Run The Jewels
Run The Jewels
Offered by RAREWAVES

1.0 out of 5 stars Doh!, 30 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Run The Jewels (Audio CD)
Bad - generic rapping, recorded no doubt round at his Moms house when everyone was out. Dude we gotta say 'ho' lotsa times so everyone knows we are the real deal! Unbelievably tedious and derivative. Not one spark of originality.

for Logitech UE Boom 1 2 (I and II 2Gen) Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Soft Neoprene Storage Travel Carrying Sleeve Case Bag with Carabiner Clip by co2UK -Black
Offered by iKole

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Case for the UE Boom, 17 Jun. 2015
The UE Boom is a really awesome Bluetooth speaker but I was a little disappointed that it did not arrive with a protective travel case (considering the price). Having tried a few searches I settled on 2 different cases - both around the same price. This is the one I like best. Simple and effective - padded neoprene with a strong velcro fastening. It fits like a glove and looks like it will protect the speaker well during my travels. Interestingly, before I purchased the UE Boom I had been using a JBL Flip 2. This is a really nice quality speaker (let down by poor battery life, meaning I was constantly recharging it at inconvenient times). However the JBL did arrive with a really good quality travel case. Given that, to protect the expensive little Boom this case is definitely worth the small outlay.

AOC E2795VH 27 inch LED Monitor (Widescreen, 1920x1080, VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB)
AOC E2795VH 27 inch LED Monitor (Widescreen, 1920x1080, VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Monitor, 25 Sept. 2011
I did a lot of research prior to getting this monitor and I have not been disappointed. The screen is large which is what I wanted, but as with these new LCD panels it is very slim so does not take up a lot of the desk. Colours are vivid and this panel is fast - response times are quick with no sign of lag or flicker even with online multiplayer FPS games (Battlefield 3 is awesome).

Set up was easy. One real benefit which I had not read about before - there is no 'power brick'- the mains lead goes straight into the back of the panel which means it does not add much to the maze of wiring behind the desk. Externally it's not the prettiest monitor - the standard dark grey surround, not the currently fashionable glossy 'piano black' - but to be honest, that's not even a criticism - I did not buy it for it's external beauty - just for how it displays and performs.

Great panel at a really good price!

Logitech V470 Laser Cordless Bluetooth Mouse FOR Notebook Black Bluetooth, PC Mouse, PC / Mac, Battery-free Mouse, 4-ways

5.0 out of 5 stars Just About Perfect..., 18 Jan. 2010
I decided to try a bluetooth mouse after purchasing several of the 'traditional' USB/wireless optical mice over the years. I did have a bluetooth mouse that came free with my old Acer laptop but stopped using it as it would loose connectivity or sleep at random and the whole experience was frustrating. However, no problems at all with the V470. It's fairly small but not unduly so (I have large hands and I find the size perfect), and it's also very light (despite 2 AA batteries).

In action nothing but good news. The Logitec software is easy to install and use and the mouse connected first time. Not one problem with lost connections, random movement or any other issues I have seen reported. The mouse responds instantly as soon as it is moved - even after hours of inactivity. The mouse is precise and accurate and the buttons and scroll wheel easy and smooth.

No complaints whatsoever - after 2 months of daily use I would not hesitate to recommend this mouse to anyone.

Chinese Democracy
Chinese Democracy

4.0 out of 5 stars Indecision - thats the problem, 5 April 2008
This review is from: Chinese Democracy (Audio CD)
All that time! Someone has posted a 'version' called 'Patience Is A Virtue' to the Newsgroups, and listening to what is supposed to be an accurate boot of Chinese Democracy, you can start to understand why it has never apeared. Most of the songs really rock but only once they get into the mid-section. It's the beginning's of each song that's the key. All of them have intro's that are reflective of the last 15 years, so some sound wierdly dated for a 'new' album. You can imagine Mr Rose's dilemma - how to hang on and pick the right wave. What sounded cool last year sounds dated now. And so it goes on, and on, and on.... The thing is though, it does not sound half bad. Just get your finger out and take the plunge. Lets get Chinese Democracy/Better/The Blues/IRS/There Was A Time/Madagascar/Catcher In The Rye/Oh My God (and whatever others) out to the world. They say illegal downloading is killing music, but having heard these tracks I will still get out there and buy a copy as soon(!) as it hits the stores.