Profile for The Bossman > Reviews

Content by The Bossman

The Bossman (UK, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Hitman: HD Trilogy (PS3)
Hitman: HD Trilogy (PS3)
Offered by Woodlark Trading Ltd UK fast 1st Class dispatch

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, 16 Dec 2014
Hitman is one of those series where you either get it or you don't, some people like stealthing through missions without any bodies found or alarms activated, and others just take the madman route killing everyone. You get a lot more satisfaction after a perfect mission though. I'll start from the beginning of the series which isn't in this boxset. The original, Hitman Codename 47 was where it all started and was a basis for some of the levels from Hitman Contracts to be remade from. It was a hard, clunky game with difficult controls and a huge lack of direction in terms of where you had to go, making some missions extremely difficult. I struggled a lot with the controls too. It was however one of the first games in that stealth/assassin genre in 3rd person where you could hide in plain sight after killing a target, then just walk straight back into the action dressed as them.

The sequel, Silent Assassin, changed the template drastically, it had essentially a completely new interface, easy controls for console, and was extremely fun to play. This was the best hide in plain sight stealth game I'd played, the level design was mostly good, always unique, and had so much potential for multiple playthroughs. It also had the best soundtrack in my opinion, was a joy to play. The sequel/prequel, Contracts, was hit and miss for me. It did have some excellent levels, like beldingford manor and traditions of the trade, a remake of a level from the first game, but not enough had changed from 2 years earlier, apart from a few new animations. Again special mention to the outstanding soundtrack by jesper kyd. Some loved it, but it wasn't a big enough step up for me. Blood Money came out again 2 years after the previous game, and it brought a lot of change, but also simplified things a lot, you could just run past the AI then they'd lose you and go back to normal, not on high alert. The accident system also made things even easier to get silent assassin on every mission provided you knew what to do. I found it disappointing again, there was a lot of change but they had simplified too many mechanics to make it easier for casual players, it put series fans like me off. The level design was very good though, but the soundtrack was a little too hollywood for my taste.

5 stars probably seems a lot then considering I complained about 2/3 of the games, but the simple fact is the satisfaction of beating a level perfectly made it all worthwhile, I loved playing them after school during secondary school and I wish I could forget everything about the series in order to play it all over again.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition (PS4)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition (PS4)
Offered by UK ENTERPRISE

3.0 out of 5 stars Good campaign, frustrating everywhere else, 16 Dec 2014
I liked this at first, the campaign was pretty strong and was a lot more fun than Ghosts, I'd say its the best COD campaign since MW3 which was also great. I just don't rate the rest of the package including the survival mode or multiplayer. The survival mode is still a tacked on extra in my opinion, plus its pretty hard even on the lower difficulties, for those who still own the game they should patch it and make it a bit easier until the higher levels. The multiplayer is where the game falls down which is surprising because it looked completely reinvented and a lot more fresh than before. The sole problem I have is the community who still choose to play like cowards in the objective based modes like kill confirmed. It's made it impossible for rushers like me to play and enjoy the game when people are prone on the ground for kills and then leave their tag behind. When someone has either 20 kills and a few deaths, or 20 kills and nearly 20 deaths, and in both cases have about 4 or 5 tags collected, you know theres a problem there. I have until late january to get a refund so I will be sending it back and getting a refund. I will only buy COD games to beat the campaign then get a full refund from now on.

Lockout [DVD]
Lockout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Guy Pearce
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Sub standard, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Lockout [DVD] (DVD)
What you have here is your typical sub standard hero killing everyone and everything while trying to rescue someone who was kidnapped. Do I really need to tell you how this ends? Because it's basically like every cliched action ending ever. Not enough action actually happens at all, but it kills 80 minutes. The film is over after about 80 minutes, the credits take up some of that time, couldn't be bothered working out how long for such an average film. It was a quick buck for Guy Pearce, obviously needed some work done to his mansion or something.

The Last of Us (The Last of Us: American Dreams)
The Last of Us (The Last of Us: American Dreams)
by Faith Erin Hicks

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 29 Aug 2014
There's not a whole lot of story here, but it does fill in story details about how Ellie and Riley met, and how they met Marlene, which is near the end of this small novel. Not too much action, but I can't get enough of the TLOU universe so I decided to buy into this. Might be worth getting this before you play Left Behind, on TLOU Remastered on PS4.

Duronic White 10m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say, 29 Aug 2014
It does the job, it gets my internet connection directly into my PS4 from the room across from mine, and it works solidly. Don't know how much difference the cable actually makes but it works, it's nice and thick which means it won't split, and it's reliable, that's all I know what to say. Gold plated usually means it transfers data quicker.

Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013]
Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film the first time, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013] (Blu-ray)
I loved this film when I first saw it, for the best experience you should have a home cinema system or at least a 5.1 headset, I have both. It's basically an action film with a videogame feel to it, that's why a lot of people don't like it because you're non gamers. Matt Damon becomes a badass not far into the film after a work related accident, in this post apocalyptic world he lives in. When he realises he has a few days left to live, he wants to go to Elysium to heal himself, a planet way above Earth for the super rich. Along the way, the plot then changes into him trying to cure his childhood friends child on Elysium too, getting into clashes along the way with one of their security forces made up of exiled former agents. There's a bunch of action sequences and fight scenes, as the plot blasts along at a fast rate. I won't say any more, but the film was a blast to watch, the FIRST time round. On subsequent viewings, it becomes tiresome and a little cliched, but the first viewing is excellent. I do recommend this, specifically on Bluray where it's mastered in 4K for the best picture quality. I enjoyed it anyway, don't understand the hate for it.

District 9 [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
District 9 [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sharlto Copley

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not a landmark, 29 Aug 2014
When I first watched this film, it felt dull at times, I felt like it was a tv movie, but near the halfway point to 3/4 of the way through, you begin to feel the emotions in the film, of a man losing himself to metamorphosis. There isn't a whole lot of action, it's more of a character piece for the actor to show what he can do, the next film he was in, Elysium, he played a completely different character and it was fun to witness him unleashed in that film. I didn't get too engrossed in this film to be honest, not the sort of film I'd usually watch, but each to their own.

Catnip - Cat Coke
Catnip - Cat Coke
Offered by T.H.E.S.E.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat went nuts for it, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Catnip - Cat Coke (Misc.)
My cat went nuts for this catnip when I gave him some, I poured some into a bowl, he sniffed it then flopped onto the floor, rubbing his face on the bowl, nearly tipping it over, putting his paw in there, he was loving it. Shame there isn't much in the packet but it is a novelty item, maybe buy 4 of them and put it into a packet to give your cat from time to time. Have a video camera ready as well for the first time, funny to watch.

The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] [2014]
The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais

5.0 out of 5 stars Adrenaline rush, 29 Aug 2014
This film is another fuel injected adrenaline rush for the vast majority of the film. The action scenes are fantastic, brutal, incredibly well choreographed, and great fun to watch. There's multiple instances where you think, how the hell did they manage that, and many of the sequences will either have you gasping, or breathless, or both. As for the actual plot, there really isn't much of one, it's basically one guy vs everybody with some undercover sequences. The one downside to the film, is at times it drags when there's a lot of talking with subtitles, but they generally don't last long. This film is a lot more brutal than the first, one of the final fight scenes has meat hooks and it's brutal, and a restaurant scene where people are executed is also pretty grim. As a sequel, it's ambitious. but it works in terms of upping the ante. The director initially meant to make this the first film but it would have cost too much to make. Highly recommended.

Felix Goody Bag Seaside Mix (Pack of 8)
Felix Goody Bag Seaside Mix (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves them, 29 Aug 2014
I've used 2 bags of these so far and my cat loves them, I give them to him in small doses because that's how any of these treats should be used, sparingly. These also have no side effects from what I know of, others like Dreamies can make a cat addicted to them and some cats become more aggressive when they don't get their Dreamies fix.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9