Profile for Fit > Reviews

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lens for small price:), 13 April 2013
Hi,

I've recently purchased a Nikon D3100. According to many reviews, this lens was highly recommended for the camera I've bought.
It did not disappoint. The pictures are so colorful, warm and bright.

Healthy Bones, Muscles and Joints (Readers Digest) (Readers Digest) (Readers Digest)
by Reader's Digest

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nicely made!, 27 Jun 2011
This book is an easy to understand book for the basic knowledge about the human body and it's muscles and joints.

It's done with a lot of nice pictures which help to understand things. The style of this book is more like a magazine or documentary...as it tells a lot with graphics, pics and examples.

It doesn't go very much into detail and I would recommend other books for further reading about the subject bones, muscles and joints but it is definitely enough for the average person who wants to understand more about the human body.

Complete Guide to Sports Injuries
Complete Guide to Sports Injuries
by H. Winter Griffith

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for understanding injuries, 27 Jun 2011
I bought this book as I need to have at least a basic knowledge about certain sports injuries.

This book is made like an encyclopaedic book so you find different injuries after body parts and injuries are explained short but detailed enough to understand the differences (for example for different knee injuries or different shoulder injuries).

I found this book very helpful as it gives me much more understanding about sports injuries.

The Zone: A Revolutionary Life Plan to Put Your Body in Total Balance for Permanent Weight Loss, Higher Energy, a Happier State of Mind, a Healthier Heart
by Barry, Ph.D. Sears

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 27 Jun 2011
This diet has been one of te best out there on the market. I use it for my everyday living and have achieved amazing bodyfat results. I enjoy so much the comfort to not being hungry, not feeling sleepy or sluggish...all down to this amazing diet which is explained very well in this book.

For anyone who wants to not only lose weight but lose bodyfat and feel good and happy this book is highly recommended. I'm so happy that I found the right diet for me.

Men's Health Big Book of Food & Nutrition
Men's Health Big Book of Food & Nutrition
by Joel Weber

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book with good tips!, 13 Jun 2011
I very much like the "men's health books" although I am a woman :)
They are very informative and easy to read. The writing style is like a friend would describe with his own words what food to go for or not...which makes it sometimes even quite funny to read. (which makes very much sense to me).

It gives you a good overview for the best foods to eat (after men's health of course) and foods to avoid.

It has a big FAQ section which helps to answer most of the questions you might have had about any diet or food.

It doesn't go so much into detail about minerals or vitamins though...

It is an overall good book with reasonable eating tips and even recipes. It doesn't go so much into depth and most of it's 400 pages are dedicated to the recipes.

Strength Training Anatomy (Sports Anatomy)
Strength Training Anatomy (Sports Anatomy)
by Frederic Delavier

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST book out there...still!!!, 13 Jun 2011
I can only recommend this book to everyone who wants to know exactly which muscle groups are worked out with which exercise.

I'm a personal trainer myself and find it extremely useful for my work with the clients. It does not only tell about the anatomy but also about the different body shapes. It's the only book I have found so far which even explains the differences of individual calf shapes, individual bone shapes, leg lengths or shoulder builds of people. It explains precisely why some people can or cannot perform some exercises in a specific way just because of the fact they are differently shaped.

It is the best anatomy book for exercises out there jet...if you want more then just muscle pictures then go for this book. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises
The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises
by Adam Campbell

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the same like the "big men's health book", 13 Jun 2011
I bought this book because I was totally happy with the "Big Men's Health Book" of my partner. As I thought that if the men's book is already so great I will get the book for women as well...as I am a woman and would have liked to see exercises which could be suitable especially for women.

As I have read the Men's Health Book very intensively I immediately noticed that actually every single word and exercise is identical with the words and exercises in the "Men's Health Book". The only difference is that the exercises are shown by women instead of men in this book.

I do recommend those books...very much I must say but I would say that you should only get either the women's OR the men's version of it.

All in all both of those books are fantastic and I LOVE them BUT they are identical and I would recommend to not have both of them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2012 10:40 PM GMT