Profile for mememe > Reviews

Content by mememe

mememe

Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle
Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle

2.0 out of 5 stars A big container but the amount of water can be boiled is limited, 10 Sep 2013
I bought this one to replace my equally pathetic Morphy Richard. I was surprised to see the limit of water which can be boiled. Don't expect to buy it for Christmas - you will have to boil if often. It is difficult to remove the filter as the lid, though removable, was a bit too small for the filter.

Don't buy it for Christmas unless it is a dinner for two!

Bacheldre Watermill Organic Stoneground Strong 100% Wholemeal Flour 25 kg
Bacheldre Watermill Organic Stoneground Strong 100% Wholemeal Flour 25 kg

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't want to sponsor Mrs PB's son!, 5 Jun 2013
I bought this flour. It was Ok, and yet the expiry date was short. I was glad that it was organic and followed a conscientious effort to protect the environment. However, I was surprised that I was sponsoring Mrs CamPB's son! That really put me off. Why should I sponsor him? No, thank you. He is not a celebrity and I have no intention to pay my good money to him! WON'T BUY AGAIN!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 3:47 PM GMT

ActionScript 3.0 for Adobe Flash Professional CS5 Classroom in a Book: The Official Training Workbook from Adobe Systems (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
by Adobe Creative Team

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit confusing, 10 Nov 2012
Can't quite understand when to end a code with a ; or not. eg P56 and P57, after codes like instrument scaleX += .1 (no ;) whereas it works when I insert ; after it. When do you actually insert ; after a code? P59: What is the difference between fadeOut and FadeOut?

Bacheldre Watermill Organic Stoneground Strong 100% Wholemeal Flour 1.5 kg (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastier and lighter than I thought, 3 Feb 2012
I got this delivered yesterday and made a loaf this morning as one of the bags split. I am still chomping away and find myself pleasantly surprised at the lovely taste. I added lots of nuts and seeds to it. I used to buy from Tesco and found that I really could not eat two loaves on a trot as the loaves had a very heavy-going texture and a strong taste which really put me off. I searched the internet and brought this one. I am glad that I made the plunge. My son agreed with me that it did not taste so 'heavy' and we can eat home-made loaves more frequently. It did not have the after-taste the Tesco one had. I would recommend it if you find Tesco's one off-putting.

Edexcel A2 Music Revision Guide
Edexcel A2 Music Revision Guide
by Alistair Wightman

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good tool!, 11 Jan 2012
I bought this book after reading another Edexcel book on How to pass higher music, which is an even better book than this. We rush through the book. Shame the music excerpts are very difficult to come by and will incur more money if we buy them. When I was using it with my son (it is he who needs to do his A levels!, we simply found it hard to find the music and which bits the book was referring to. Sometimes, we couldn't even find the music and had to skip. Some pieces of music all have similar titles eg there are quite a bit gigue by the same composer! Any help from readers?

Please have some join-up approach and make the music available to users. Otherwise, the book has taught my son and me quite a bit. My bet is still with How to pass higher music which gives a much better base and therefore a solid foundation to build on.

Could have given more details though.

GCE in Applied ICT: A2 Student's Book and CD: A2 Applied ICT Student Book and ActiveBook CD-ROM (Single User Site Licence)
by Trevor Heathcote

1.0 out of 5 stars Older than dinosaur!, 11 Jan 2012
I am amazed that this book was published in 2006 or thereabout. In computer business, you blink your eyes, things become obsolete. Apparently, not to the publishers of this book.

Please get your grip together and at least create a website with links to update your contents!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2012 5:29 PM GMT

Sirco Pomegranate and Orange Fruit Juice 1 Litre (Pack of 6)
Sirco Pomegranate and Orange Fruit Juice 1 Litre (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 11 Jan 2012
Bought these on the back of Which? review. According to them, it is better than Yakult or Actimel. Even my son loves it. My ex also loves it. Will buy some more next time.