Profile for jsh27 > Reviews

Let Me In [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chloe Moretz
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars an overwhelming masterpiece!, 20 May 2011
This review is from: Let Me In [DVD] (DVD)
WOW! I was blown away by this dark shakespeare esque story of loneliness, evil, love, friendship, hopelessness, and devotion.
I had never read the book or seen the original Swedish movie so I had no pre-conceptions and nothing to compare it to, so when I had finished watching the film I was kind of in shock. Shock because I realized I had just watched my new favorite film of all time! Shock in how the characters and the story pull the viewer in so many different directions that I felt very emotional, tearfully.(This does not happen to me!)
The relationships amongst all the lead characters deserve close analyse because there is a story behind each one of them that could intrigue you way beyond the moment the end credits start to roll.
I don't even like vampire movies so I am thrilled that the choice of outstanding reviews in the press incouraged me to watch this classic piece of modern cinema.

INSPIRATION INFORMATION
INSPIRATION INFORMATION

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS ALBUM AN OBSCENE AMOUNT, 14 Jan. 2011
This review is from: INSPIRATION INFORMATION (Audio CD)
I have listened to this album almost every day since I bought it soon after its release.
It is quite simply the coolest dang music you are ever gonna hear!
You have to ignore the first track with the annoying singing but after that it enthralls and entertains with the hippest kickass jazz funk music ever, period!

Have One On Me [VINYL]
Have One On Me [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Joanna Newsoms album is perfection, 16 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Have One On Me [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Joanna has that gift that is rarely understood by its user. She is untoucable as a lyricist and as a harp player as unique as her singing style.
I saw her perform the songs on 'Have One On Me' at the Manchester Palace Theatre and it gave me goose bumps so often I had to roll down my sleeves down. I had seen her before at Matt and Phreds in Manchester back in 2004, the tickets were £6.50 each and to an audience that could fit on a bus, I think it might have been her first gig in England, she has gone on to bigger things since but in the best way possible. She is my absolute favorite live performer and i've seen Jeff Buckley, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden and Radiohead to name but a few. I could go on for ever but I hate long reviews so i'll end it here thanks for reading.

Sounds of Star Wars
Sounds of Star Wars
by J. W. Rinzler

5.0 out of 5 stars genius sound maker gets credit he deserves, 16 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Sounds of Star Wars (Hardcover)
How many films could have an extensive book dedicated purely on the iconic sounds created for it?
If you can think of any then I hold my hands up but for now lets just say that this is a unique testiment to the detail piled into the original Star Wars trilogy that just had to be made.

This is the best Star Wars book to have been published in some time and I find it hard to understand why anybody would have anything negative to say about it.

The Michael Parkinson Collection [DVD]
The Michael Parkinson Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Parkinson

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY GIVE US MORE CLIPS?, 19 Oct. 2010
Some of the Parkinson interviews make the most compelling viewing with the likes of Richard Burton, Richard Harris at his shambolic best, Muhammed Ali, Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Kenneth Williams and many more. So why not the whole interview for each person listed so that we can choose who we want to watch?
A clip show sucks basically, we've seen that on TV a number of times. Its rather like my 4 year old daughter messing with the control and turning over just as it gets interesting.
Rubbish! Shame on you idiots!