Profile for A Mackie > Reviews

Content by A Mackie

A Mackie "AliMac" (bathgate)

Page: 1 | 2
Yarvik GoTab Xerios 10 inch Tablet - Black (Cortex A8 1.2 GHz, 512MB RAM, 8GB Memory, Android 4.0.3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and poor software installed :(, 21 Nov 2012
Ordered 2 of these tablets (one for my son and one for my dad) - on receiving them I found that the build quality was poor, the screen quality was poor and the tablets inability to access Google Play (and therefore all the Google apps!) was appalling.

I know my way around tablets but the Yarvik pre-installed app store was next to useless - the whole layout was second-rate and the tablets inability to download basic apps like Amazon Kindle rendered this tablet beyond useless.

Needless to say, both tablets were promptly returned.

Don't touch this tablet with a 20 foot barge pole!

Dogs
Dogs
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 10.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than 'And you were a crow', 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Dogs (Audio CD)
When the Parlor Mob released 'And you were a crow' I was more than suitably impressed. Very Led Zeppelin-esque but with a modern sound. It was with some reservations that I approached 'Dogs' as I was hoping they didn't succumb to the easy route and churn out a similar sounding album. Even after the first listen I was hooked - it's more varied, more colourful, more rocky, more mature (?)

They still have clung to the sound of Led Zep but thrown in some Raconteurs, some Beck and a pinch of Audioslave for good measure.

Very varied album and my pick of best album of 2011.

Ducati Corse CW001 9 Gents Stainless Steel Case Black Rubber Strap Watch
Ducati Corse CW001 9 Gents Stainless Steel Case Black Rubber Strap Watch
Offered by Poker Mania Shop
Price: 196.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as cool as a Ducati 916 though!, 22 Feb 2012
As one of the previous reviewers stated, all this watch does is tell the time (isn't that the point of a watch?)

What this watch does though is allows you to tell the time on a very solid and very heavy timepiece. The quality and build of this watch is exemplary and I reckon this watch will easily stand the test of time.

Only one thing to point out - Due to the chunkiness of the watch, don't expect to wear the watch whilst wearing your bike leathers!

Ride safe.

Lulu (Amazon Exclusive Slipcase Edition)
Lulu (Amazon Exclusive Slipcase Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Could this be a p!ss take?, 1 Nov 2011
I've forced myself to listen to this in it's entirety and it's as painful as root canal treatment. I honestly cannot see myself listening to this ever again and I'm starting to think that this is a social experiment as this cannot be labelled as music. Sorry Metallica but this is rock bottom for you guys.

e-Reader Power Adaptor, Kindle UK (Type G) USB charger (for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Keyboard)

1.0 out of 5 stars 8.99 for a plug?!?!, 20 Oct 2011
Lets not overlook the fact that Amazon are charging 8.99 for a mains USB charger! Why is it so expensive when Amazon sell non-branded versions of these for as little as 0.01! A bit of a rip-off if you ask me.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2011 3:03 PM GMT

Casanova
Casanova
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars a lost gem..., 2 Feb 2010
This review is from: Casanova (MP3 Download)
I listened to this album years ago and then it lay forgotten on my CD shelf. I recently gave it a listen to again and it surprised me as to how fresh it still sounded even after nearly 15 years. Neil Hannon croons fabulously in his unique and witty style - lounge music with an Irish twist.

Also, check out Fin De Siecle which is similar in vein and equally as entertaining.

The King of Rock'n'roll
The King of Rock'n'roll
Price: 7.37

4.0 out of 5 stars King of Rock n Roll?, 2 Feb 2010
This review is from: The King of Rock'n'roll (Audio CD)
Firstly, I am not a fan of HIM so this comes from a non-fan perspective.

OK, so it's not the King of Rock n Roll but it's still a damn good album. Imagine, if you will, the love child of Elvis and Led Zeppelin - this is the sounds of Daniel Lioneye.

Bluesy Southern Rock with a twist of Finland - nice with a bourbon and coke :o)

Metallica - Some Kind Of Monster
Metallica - Some Kind Of Monster
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***
Price: 26.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Thankfully nothing like Spinal Tap..., 2 Feb 2010
I've read a few reviews where they state this is akin to something like Spinal Tap. If you can see past the 'lifestyle coach' and the few other comedy moments in the film, what you get is a snap-shot of one of the worlds biggest selling bands on the precipice of disbanding but somehow coming together and finally releasing their new album (although, to be perfectly frank, it wasn't really worth it as St Anger is painful to listen to).

It's stark, honest and contains no frills.

Watch it and enjoy it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Messy at first..., 17 Jan 2009
Firstly, this works a treat and gets into places where flossing doesn't.

However with everything in life there is a 'but' and here is mine:

The water reservoir is tiny! - you need to refill it about 3 or 4 times per 'session' and although it takes seconds to refill it, it is a pain in the bum.

If you do decide to buy this I must warn you not to wear your work shirt during the first couple of times as it takes a bit of getting used to and I found more water was sprayed on myself and the bathroom mirror than on my teeth!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2009 3:55 PM BST

EW-Link 3.5inch Internal USB 2.0 Bay - Black
EW-Link 3.5inch Internal USB 2.0 Bay - Black
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin but...., 17 Jan 2009
OK, this works ideally but.... I simply cannot get the damn thing to fit in my internal 3.5'' slot.

After some bending of the internal bay and playing about with pliers I managed to get the USB bay installed but it isn't flush with the front of my PC.

I did originally think about returning the item but it does the job albeit looking a tad silly as its set back from the front of my PC.

My advice? - Play it safe and buy a cool looking external USB bay.

Page: 1 | 2