Profile for Alan Sanders > Reviews

Content by Alan Sanders

Alan Sanders

Page: 1 | 2
Roberts RD21B(ECO4) Ecologic 4 DAB/FM RDS Digital Stereo Radio wth up to 150 Hours Battery Life - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 17 Mar 2014
Exactly the same problem as others. After two years of very light usage, the on-off switches fails to work. This is obviously a common fault and Roberts should sort it.

Bach: Die Kunst der Fuge (The Art of Fugue) - Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin
Bach: Die Kunst der Fuge (The Art of Fugue) - Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Dec 2013
I'm very much an amateur listener as far as classical music is concerned and this is one of the Bach works I have really struggled with. The variety of instrumental colour really brings it to life and I find my self going back to it repeatedly.

Bosch ALR 900 Electric Lawnraker
Bosch ALR 900 Electric Lawnraker

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and efficient, 3 Dec 2013
Not too difficult to put together. Wider than my previous lawn mowers and it eats up the lawn. The height adjuster is easy to use, unlike some I have known. I does a great job

Premier 55cm Freestanding chrome toilet roll holder w/ weighted base 1600127
Premier 55cm Freestanding chrome toilet roll holder w/ weighted base 1600127
Offered by san direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, 3 Dec 2013
The well weighted base makes it stable and the roll hold also seems fine. Overall, a good quality product which should last well.

Encountering the Book of Romans: A Theological Survey (Encountering Biblical Studies)
by Douglas J. Moo

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly enlightening, 3 Dec 2013
I've been reading Romans on and off as a Christian for forty years but still struggle with it. Moo has done more than most to help me to get to grips with it. He draws on the "new perspective on Paul" but is not overwhelmed by it and I think he strikes a fine balance between traditional protestant interpretations and the new perspective. Leaders of my church's housegroups read it as background and most found it helpful, but still had a lot of work to do to extract its key messages in a way usable in such groups. Now I'll have go at Moo's full commentary on the letter!

Rentokil PSW99 Wasp/Nest Killer Powder, 300gm
Rentokil PSW99 Wasp/Nest Killer Powder, 300gm

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 3 Dec 2013
Had a wasp nest in my garden this summer and did several applications but it seemed to have no effect.

Auschwitz - The Nazis And The Final Solution [DVD]
Auschwitz - The Nazis And The Final Solution [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurence Rees

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and sombre, 3 Dec 2013
Wonderful, detailed and compelling, not least interviews with people who worked in the camp or were involved in other ways in the development of the policies that lay behind it. I watched it after visiting the camp and it filled in lots of gaps for me. Unspeakable sadness.

The Potter's Hand
The Potter's Hand
by A. N. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings an era to life, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Potter's Hand (Paperback)
Bit of a strange one - half biography, half novel - but for me it worked well. The section set in the America could be seen as an unnecessary diversion and a bit contrived, but I can live with that. I guess it ticked lots of boxes for me - born in the Potteries, fascinated by the building of the canals and by Catherine the Great, mesmerised by the Meissen collection in Dresden etc etc. And Wedgewood himself emerges as a complex and fascinating character. Anyway, I've recommended it to distant relatives in New Zealand who want to know about their roots.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 11:00 PM BST

Morphy Richards 48718 Oval Slow Cooker, 6.5 Litre - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48718 Oval Slow Cooker, 6.5 Litre - Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, 3 Dec 2013
We bought this to replace a much earlier Morphy Richard model. It does the job as reliably as the old one - gets the food cooked but does not dry it out. Good value

De'Longhi DES16E Compact Dehumidifier with ECC, 16 Litre
De'Longhi DES16E Compact Dehumidifier with ECC, 16 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and efficient, 3 Dec 2013
I use this primarily in a rather damp extension utility room both when the weather is very wet and more routinely during sessions when the washer and tumble dryer are in operation. It brings the humidity down from mid to high 70s into the low 60s quite quickly. Having set it up, I hardly ever need to touch the controls, just plug it in. Emptying it is easy. Does the job!

Page: 1 | 2