Profile for gordon1992 > Reviews

Content by gordon1992

gordon1992

Asus GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC Nvidia Graphics Card (2GB GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, DisplayPort, Nvidia 3D Vision Surround Ready, SLI Support)
Price: 149.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic card, 1 Jun 2013
Even ignoring the fact that the card has the best performance per pound ratio, this is a fantastic card for the money.

ASUS stripping off the reference cooler and using DIrectCU makes it a cool, quiet card sitting at 36C on idle in my cramped case.

Plays everything you can by today without hassle at 1080p.

Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan for Computer Cases, CPU Coolers, and Radiators
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible noise, 27 May 2011
These fans may be able to shift a lot of air but the noise from the motor is unbearable, I wouldn't recommend anybody purchases these.

OCZ OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 30 GB Vertex Series SATA II 2.5-Inch SSD Drive
OCZ OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 30 GB Vertex Series SATA II 2.5-Inch SSD Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and easy to install!, 21 Jan 2011
I received this today (3 days early!). It arrived in a neat little package wrapped up well.

I'm running this on Ubuntu 10.10 (without optimisations) and my 3 year old computer boots up in 11.1 seconds! Applications and installations are speedy. Even better that I got it at 51% off! I'd recommend anybody to buy this.