Profile for Mr. M. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Rogers

Mr. M. Rogers "Mark Rogers" (Dawlish, Devon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
HP Hewlett Packard Designjet 30 90 130 series C9427A ink cartridge No 85 Yellow 69Ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of date cartridge, 16 Aug. 2014
Came without external packaging just in it's foil wrapper so no way of checking date. When I came to use it the date printed on the cartridge had expired over 18 months ago, But it does work at least.

The Little Green Book of Eco-Fascism: The Plan to Frighten Your Kids, Drive Up Energy Costs and Hike Your Taxes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing and enlightening, 8 Mar. 2014
A good read, easy to dip in and out of raises several thought provoking issues regarding the cult of global warming and how it is costing the general populous a lot of money.
Most of the the claims are backed with evidence though evidence of suppression of some technologies is not given as it is hard to prove.

TeckNet 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter with WPS Funtion
TeckNet 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter with WPS Funtion

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 28 Feb. 2014
Purchased so I could test the 5ghz band of our wireless network. It works perfectly with both 5ghz and 2.4 ghz.

MHL to HDMI TV-out for Samsung Galaxy S4 Note 2 Adapter HDTV 11 pin Cable from HNPtech

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked as MHL 1, 28 Feb. 2014
Purchased for use with a new Samsung Galaxy Note pro 12.2.

I ordered the note 3 compatible 11 pin mhl2 version.

From my research this was the correct version to operate without external power which the MHL 1 version requires.

Initially it would not work so I initially tested the HMDI lead to check that was okay - that worked perfectly with another device.
I then tried using the adaptor with an external micro usb power lead and it worked. This as I understand it is the major difference between MHl1 and MHL2.
I've returned the device and ordered a samsung adapter so I do not require the external power.

TP-LINK TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point
TP-LINK TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 8 Feb. 2014
Tremendous value access point the only thing I can see wrong with it is it doesn't appear to conform to the POE specification it works with it's supplied injector but didn't seem to like a -dlink POE enabled switch which I have.

THe Zyxel 1100N access points which I have will work happily with the d-link but do cost considerably more.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Iron, 8 Feb. 2014
I purchased this Iron to replace my previous Iron where the sole plate had become sticky - Tried an Iron cleaner but I think I was too late.

I like the auto shut off on the iron and the Iron appears to run longer on the same quantity of water.

Its a competent steam Iron and irons well as far as I am concerned.

Faultless Hot Iron Soleplate Cleaner & Burn Remover
Faultless Hot Iron Soleplate Cleaner & Burn Remover
Offered by WowDiscounts

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, 8 Feb. 2014
Cleans the soleplate of all the contaminants but in my case I think my soleplate was too damaged as the contaminants returned quickly.

I think it would work if used before the contamination builds up too much I had had to scrape the bottom of my iron before I found this product.

I ended up purchasing a new Iron.

Billion BiPAC 7800DXL Triple WAN Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+/Fibre 3G/4G LTE Broadband Router with USB Port

4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy workhorse, 8 Feb. 2014
Bought this as it was highly rated for poor service areas and it does seem to improve things a little.

The addition of the 5GHZ network is also a bonus.

It appears to improve my connection speed and the signal to noise tweaking appears to help with the headline speeds though it may be affecting streaming - I would need to test this some more to say for sure but it probably will not be an issue for most people as I am over 4k from the exchange so get a very poor signal.

The additional wan ports also mean that I should be able to use the router with fibre if it ever becomes available.:-(

Unfortunately it doesn't support hardware vpn like the Draytek it has replaced.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2014 1:16 PM GMT

Victorinox 30327L  Swiss Tool X in Leather Pouch
Victorinox 30327L Swiss Tool X in Leather Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, 8 Feb. 2014
This is a top quality multi tool - this was purchased as a gift as my own has done sterling service daily for around 10 years.

Belkin 1.8m RJ11Male to Male Hi-Speed Internet Modem Cable - White
Belkin 1.8m RJ11Male to Male Hi-Speed Internet Modem Cable - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made cable, 8 Feb. 2014
The cable feels sturdy and is well protected where the plugs are attached. Seemed to improve the throughput on my ADSL but as there are a lot of variables in ply here this is difficult to verify.

I purchased 4 and will another couple for other ADSL lines as we get a very poor ADSL services and every little helps.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4