Profile for DANNY P > Reviews

Arthur Christmas (DVD + UV Copy) [2011]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy
Offered by Discs4all
Price: 5.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film for Christmas or any time of year! We'll worth the money, 9 Jun 2014
Just a fantastic film! The story is very clever and charming. The cast is top notch and will please people of all ages. I'm 21 and I love it.

Wired--up 2M Ethernet RJ45 Network Cable
Wired--up 2M Ethernet RJ45 Network Cable
Offered by UNLIMITED COMPUTERS
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money. Can't go wrong with this!, 9 Jun 2014
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Good value for money. Cheap and cheerful. Good quality for the price.

BaByliss for Men 7107U Precision Beard Trimmer
BaByliss for Men 7107U Precision Beard Trimmer
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit but can feel a little rough., 9 Jun 2014
Does the job. However can feel a little rough at times. Comes with three attachments which allow for different trim lengths.

EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup - Brazil (Xbox 360)
EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup - Brazil (Xbox 360)
Price: 21.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay game until you want to select your 23 man squad!, 9 Jun 2014
This game is okay. It's a little dull and not really that much fun to play. I've had it for about 4 weeks and I only play it when I'm bored. I can't wait for the World Cup but this game doesn't add to my excitement even a little. The overall game is fair and the matches are good enough as are the menus. However this game is yet another example of how EA just don't try with their games anymore. There are so many possibilities that could have been utilised in this game but it's just an update rather than a well thought out sports game. If you have the spare 30 or so then maybe give it go; but if you don't, you won't be missing out on much at all. I've been doing the wc qualifying with England and was just about to select my 23 man squad when I found out that I couldn't select players that weren't in my normal starting 11 and sub bench. For example I know can't select a reserve left back, right back and only have 3 strikers and 6 defenders. This is a simple bug that could be fixed but EA aren't interested so it will probably stay this way.

After Earth [DVD] [2013]
After Earth [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Price: 5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst films I have ever seen!, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: After Earth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I usually love Will Smith's films but this was awful. I don't have a clue what the film was trying to achieve but it certainly make me extremely bored. The story just seems to be Will Smith's incredibly transparent son walking across a forest to get something, while Will Smith just sits in a room for a few hours. The acting and script is really poor and you only saw a small handful of these animals that could kill you - I seem to remember three at the most! I thought this film had the potential to be great but it was more like a boring lecture! Avoid at all costs!

The Sopranos - HBO Complete Season 1-6 (New Packaging) [DVD] [2007]
The Sopranos - HBO Complete Season 1-6 (New Packaging) [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ James Gandolfini
Price: 50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Please I beg you to get this., 5 Jan 2014
I had heard of the sopranos for years and everyone had always said how good it was. About 6 months ago I bought a few episodes of season 1 on iTunes and it was the best thing I have ever done. I asked for the 2nd seasons for my birthday and a kind member of my family bought the complete season boxset. I would suggest you buy a few episodes on iTunes like I did to make sure you like it but trust me if you have even a slight interest in these sort of tv shows you will enjoy it. The writing, characters/actors, production and pretty much everything is inch perfect. Please note however that this is a very violent tv series and even though this seems obvious people are surprised when they see it. This is a very realistic tv series and half of the time you forget you're watching a tv drama and not a documentary which is credit to the production team and actors. As long as you're prepared for a very real portrayal of mafia life you will truly love The Sopranos. I would bet a lot of money that this will go down as one of the best tv shows you have ever watched if not the best.

Enjoy!

Father Christmas [DVD]
Father Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Howard Blake
Price: 3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars This is really horrible, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Father Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
The snowman is truly a fantastic work of art. Even the snowman and the snowdog is a good christmas tale. This however makes a film about ww2 seem enjoyable. It's really not a good watch as it makes Father Christmas seem like a horrible man who curse, drinks, gambles and is an all-round unpleasant individual. The whole story is cold and it's amazing that this is classed as a children's film. Thankfully I never saw this as a child as it would have destroyed the image of Father Christmas for me. Avoid this at all costs and stick with the snowman/snowman and the snowdog. Also if you're looking for a good christmas tale have a look at the gruffalo and the gruffalo's child, they're great. Anything to get away from this film about a miserable, white bearded, cursing alcoholic will be a good thing.

FIFA 14 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 14 (Xbox 360)
Price: 19.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick with FIFA 13!, 22 Oct 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 14 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
People usually say that FIFA games never change and are just updates of new kits and transfers. I have constantly defended the FIFA series right up until I bought FIFA 14. I have bought every FIFA since FIFA 2003 and loved them but this game has changed and it's for the worst! The gameplay is awful, it feels really slow and dull. The passing is slow, the A.I don't create space and it is very unenjoyable to play. I admit I don't play other modes such as FUT as I've never really been interested in them but one mode I have adored for years is career mode. This year however it has been destroyed as there is now a thing called the Global Transfer Network. Sounds interesting but trust me it's a complete disaster. Yes it adds realism but it is so mundane and needless that you find yourself asking the question - Why have they destroyed career mode? You know can't simply pull up a list of the best players in the world and work your way down the list to select who you can afford and would like in your team. Now you have to scoute areas and your scouts will come up with suitable players. Even a search for Messi doesn't give you much information about him even though he is one of the most famous football players! You may be thinking that this sounds good fun but when you have to keep doing this every time you want to buy or loan a player you get really sick of it. This may work at a lower league club but at a top European club were you will expect to buy a few quality players each window, you find yourself giving up.

I am dissapointed to say it but it for the first time ever I truly regret buying a FIFA game. I hope EA Sports fix these catastrophic problems for FIFA 15.

I thoroughly reccommend you try this game first before you buy it as I expect you won't enjoy it. I hope I can sell my copy ASAP!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 1:25 PM BST

Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360)
Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360)
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game but hasn't changed enough to justify a 35+ price tag. Not what you would expect from a 25 year anniversary edition!, 30 Aug 2013
If you are an avid NFL fan, I would advise you to buy this, IF you have a spare 35. The owner option in Franchise mode looks like a nice addition although I am yet to try it. The game looks nice and after trying out what the Super Bowl matches are like through the play now menu option I can safely say that the experience of the Superbowl is realistic. I would advise people who have either a small interest in NFL and madden or both you just fancy trying the madden games out, to go for one of the older versions. I had madden 10 and 12 and I really enjoyed them. The game hasn't really changed much. It doesn't really seem like a 25th anniversary game. There appears to be a problem with in game bugs as the players jump around erratically and during stop in plays the players look very jumpy. Apart from that the in game matches are very smooth and great fun to play!

Sim City (PC DVD)
Sim City (PC DVD)
Offered by Go2Games
Price: 12.70

1.0 out of 5 stars DRM has wrecked a good game, 3 May 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sim City (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Don't buy this game. EA has wrecked the game by making you always have to be online to play it. Buy something you can actually play properly!

Page: 1 | 2