Profile for Peter Pollard > Reviews

Content by Peter Pollard

Peter Pollard

OSRAM LED lamp G4 Star Special LED pin socket lamp / 2.2W - 20 watt replacement, clear, warmwhite - 2700K

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't be good for the electronics, 18 Nov. 2015
Can't believe they're over 32 quid from these people! That's a joke!!! I'm in Germany and bought from Amazon.de for 8 Euros (ca. 7 quid!!!)
Anyway, just bought two to replace in some G4 20 watt desk lamps for the missus. Certainly as bright!! No problem there!
Was shocked though that they run much hotter than finger hot!!! Won't burn the skin but way too hot too hold or grasp. Can't be good for the electronics! (made in China - not always a bad thing) Will see how long they last!

Vodafone Pay As You Go Micro Sim Card - Discontinued by Manufacturer
Vodafone Pay As You Go Micro Sim Card - Discontinued by Manufacturer
Offered by time 2 talk Swansea

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical buy, 18 Jun. 2015
Brilliant! Although I live in Germany I needed an UK SIM card. Postage would have been 20.00 GBP which would have been a joke but free delivery within UK meant my family could forward it on. The card works fine even in Germany and in my German phone. My usage would be very little and I know the SIM is being 'given away' just for the provider to get customers so this Vodafone product might not be the best tariff choice for many but for it is ideal.

The Forgotten Children: Fairbridge Farm School and Its Betrayal of Britain's Child Migrants to Australia
by David Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars An education for the British, 4 Mar. 2012
I am nearly halfway through this book. It has become a kind of shrine to me. It should, it 'must' be read by every Briton wherever they are, wherever they live because they would otherwise never know what Britain did (and didn't) do for the welfare of it's poorest children. The thousands they just exported overseas. 'Poor' doesn't mean 'bad'. After discovering about our 'forgotten children' I wanted to know more. Information has been suppressed in the UK for obvious reasons. Even Google's search engine cannot come up with much so it is very important to find and to have David Hill's book. Amazon UK is out of stock on it - sure - can't have too many copies around in the UK. It is instantly available from Amazon Germany. When you get to read it consider what else your school, your colleges and universities and especially your government never told you. Then perhaps read Anna Whitelock's "Mary Tudor" to learn things we were never told about our 'Bloody Mary'. Such books helps one to see through the lies and the two-faced'ness. At page 74 of Hill's book a reference is made to a Cottage Mother who is German and, along with her German husband, are referred to as being "more cultured" than the rest and who didn't take to hitting the children. Page 74 explains some of the reason why I am there.

Happy reading... it won't be!... exciting? You'll have to look elsewhere... just read it for the truth!!!
(I suggest Ms Overton go back to her back scratcher)

I have also read Antony Beevor's "Stalingrad", Leon Uris's "Trinity" (re-read), Colum McCann's "Zoli" and Kathryn Stockett's "The Help". My advice to Britons is not to waste their time on glossy tripe for they have a lot of false education to undo.