Profile for Catherine Robertson > Reviews

Content by Catherine Robe...

Catherine Robertson (Surrey, UK)

Bizzybee Multi Purpose Rubber Gloves Medium (1 pack of 6 pairs)
Bizzybee Multi Purpose Rubber Gloves Medium (1 pack of 6 pairs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Gloves!, 12 Mar. 2011
These are brilliant gloves - they are a great colour which makes washing up a bit more fun! They have little dimples on the fingers which take a little getting used to but help grip.

My favourite gloves!!

Legoland (PC CD)
Legoland (PC CD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Build your own Legoland, 3 Dec. 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Legoland (PC CD) (Video Game)
Our six year old son was given this for his birthday. At the moment he doesn't seem to mind the iffy graphics or annoying voice (I think it is Justin 'Mr Tumble' Fletcher) but it is driving us mad! He is trying to build his park but seems to have to redo lots of planting before he can move levels. We've planted lots of flowers and trees but to no avail!

Quite a fun game, if you are about 6 years old, but annoying if you are a grown up!

Candy Deep Fry Thermometer with Clip
Candy Deep Fry Thermometer with Clip

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 20 Nov. 2010
I was given this thermometer last year and it is awful! The clip means it just slides around the saucepan or falls over unless you prop it up against something. I used it last year and my honeycomb was a disaster. I assumed it was my cooking but I've just borrowed my mother's old one and made a very successful batch of honeycomb. I have used the two together and this one doesn't read the same temperature as the traditional one. Maybe mine wasn't calibrated correctly but I won't be using it again. Very unreliable.

Sweet and Simple Party Cakes: Over 40 Pretty Cakes for Perfect Celebrations
Sweet and Simple Party Cakes: Over 40 Pretty Cakes for Perfect Celebrations
by May Clee-Cadman

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cake book!, 1 Oct. 2010
I borrowed this book from the library as I have offered to make a Wedding cake for my neice. It has some lovely ideas and easy to follow instructions (for example how to tier a cake). I feel all the more prepared for the cake now!

The reason it is only four stars is that it doesn't give you any indication of how many people the cake will serve which would be really useful. I'm not sure if I'll end up needing a two tier cake (I love the one with the chocolate flowers - the groom wants to be able to eat them and doesn't like plain sugar flowers) or a seven tier one!

Lovely book and lovely ideas, I'm looking forward to buying this one and getting her other books too!

Miranda - Series 1 [DVD]
Miranda - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Miranda Hart
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 22 July 2010
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love this series!

Everything about it is brilliant! Tom Ellis is lovely too...! You can see how everything is going to go wrong like a slow car crash but she can't manage to stop it.

Like her I also fill silences although not quite as badly as her!

Charlie's Superhero Underpants
Charlie's Superhero Underpants
by Paul Bright

5.0 out of 5 stars POW! Kerzap! Oof! Splat!, 1 Mar. 2010
We absolutely love this book - I have two boys aged 5 and 2 and this is a firm favourite! My two year old adores it and sits reading it for hours!

Orchard Toys Tell The Time
Orchard Toys Tell The Time

4.0 out of 5 stars Pictures make it a bit easy..., 7 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Orchard Toys Tell The Time (Toy)
I bought this for my son to help him learn the time - it does help especially as it uses quarter past and quarter to (which most books leave out!) but with the pictures you can just match the picture and not actually try to work out the time. One of these days I'll make plain paper pieces with clocks on them...!

We all love Orchard Toys and think their games are wonderful!

Dinosaur Snap
Dinosaur Snap

5.0 out of 5 stars Great snap-o-saurus game!, 1 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Dinosaur Snap (Toy)
Our son was given this game for his fourth birthday. I had put it on his Wishlist because I thought the age rating was probably over-cautious. You have to match the dinosaur picture, skeleton, name or what they ate. After the party, the grown ups played a game which was a surprisingly long and slow game! Great fun, needs practice though!