Profile for Kash > Reviews

Content by Kash

Kash (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
by Patrick Rothfuss

3.0 out of 5 stars A generous 3 stars, 21 April 2014
I was really looking forward to reading this book but was really let down. The story drags so much and is close to three quarters of the way through before it starts to get interesting.

Kvothe constantly repeats his thought all through the book which I found really annoying I.e. Suspicions about Ambrose, wondering what Denna is doing.

I would have loved for there to be more on present day Kote and Bas. I found the elements with Ferulean unnecessary and long. This book was a chore for me and I was glad to get to the end of it.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 75 Golden
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 75 Golden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this foundation, I thought it might be heavy when it was on but it is so light and dries to give the feel of a powder.

Although the jar is quite small you really don't need to use that much so this will last for a good while.

Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Milk and Cereals 50 g (Pack of 16)
Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Milk and Cereals 50 g (Pack of 16)

4.0 out of 5 stars A change from cereal, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are 4 biscuits in the pack and they are nice but lose one star as I found them a bit sweet.

Good for if you need breakfast on the run

Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum 19)
Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum 19)
by Janet Evanovich

2.0 out of 5 stars Time to bring to an end to the series, 27 Jan 2014
I've loved reading the earlier Stephanie Plum books, many of them being laugh out loud funny, but the last 10 or so books have been terrible and unfortunately this one does not bring the series back on a high!

There is the thinnest plot and everything else are repeats. Stephanie is back to blowing up 3 cars in this book, catching a naked guy, to-ing and fro-ing between Joe and Ranger... been there, done that for the last 18 books!!!! Something new is needed or the series needs to end. I wish she would just pick one of the men - there is no suspense now for me its just 'for gods sake pick one'!

Number 20 is definitely on the back-burner until it is at rock bottom price. I'd advise people to not pay full price for this - it just isn't worth it, wait until you can get it cheaper. I'll be keeping this but only because it is part of my set

Very disappointed reader

The Daylight War (The Demon Cycle, Book 3)
The Daylight War (The Demon Cycle, Book 3)
by Peter V. Brett

2.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as gripping as the first 2!, 9 Jan 2014
After loving the first 2 books I couldn't wait to start reading this book, but I have to say it was a HUGE disappointment.

For me this book should have been called the Inevera Book - it is just all about her and I don't think we need that level of detail for her. I also felt that this book felt more like a YA story with Arlen and Renna - it made me feel as if they had reverted back to being 10-11 years old.

This book is just under 800 pages and to be honest I wish I had of just flipped to the last 3 or 4 pages as that's where anything in this book actually happens.

The one positive thing I can say about this book is that the glossary at the back comes in handy, there are so many dal this, kai this, dama this, nie this and so on and so forth that it gets far to confusing to keep up with who is what and what they are!!!

Elements of this story fell into place too easily for me and didn't ring true (as much as a fantasy book can of course!)

I'll read the next book in the series but as I did with this one it won't be bought in hard back and I'll be waiting until I can get it a bit cheaper.

Very disappointing

The Night Circus
The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern

2.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 stars, too many threads left dangling, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Night Circus (Paperback)
Where this book excels is in the scene-setting and world building of the circus. This is fantastically done and I would give 5 stars for this; however, the story/ plot itself is too thin and doesn't tie up. There are too many unanswered questions.

I found some of the characters were unnecessary and didn't feel right in the story and yet they ended up with a big role in the end. I think that this story would have been better as a pair or even a trilogy; this would have allowed the author to actually tie up the loose ends and explain everything. Book 1 could have then started with how the challenges came about!

A very thick book for not a lot of story.

The Proposal
The Proposal
by Tasmina Perry

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars for this one, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Proposal (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked the premise of this book but I felt that the story was just too slow for me.

The main characters were easy to like and I must admit I was completely clueless about the debutante circle so it was nice to read about that and all they had to do. But I just felt that the story needed to develop quicker. The big reveals were not that hard to unravel.

Overall not a bad book, delving into the different classes both in the present day as well as the past but a slow burner

Olympus Has Fallen [Blu-ray] [2013]
Olympus Has Fallen [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Gerald Butler movie, 4 Oct 2013
This is the type of movie Gerald Butler does best! Although the story line is quite far fetched its a movie where you can just sit back and enjoy the action.

White Rubber Covered Wire 4 Tiered Corner Plate Rack Stand
White Rubber Covered Wire 4 Tiered Corner Plate Rack Stand
Offered by east2eden

5.0 out of 5 stars A great item to tidy up bench space, 4 Oct 2013
I bought this item for my work; this stand frees up much more bench space and is tidier than our old wooden plate stand. This also has the added benefit of being able to store bowls on the top tier

Me To You 8 x 9-inch Tiny Tatty Teddy Photo Frame
Me To You 8 x 9-inch Tiny Tatty Teddy Photo Frame

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, 17 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This photo frame is a really good size but obviously you need to cut your photographs down to put them in the frame. The me to you bear is very cute and looks really good on the frame.

The frame is sturdy and well built.

This would make an ideal gift for new female arrivals or as a birthday gift for young girls. Would highly recommend

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15