Profile for Kash > Reviews

Content by Kash

Kash (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16
Incubus (Fairwick Chronicles 1)
Incubus (Fairwick Chronicles 1)
by Carol Goodman

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit long winded, 2 Sept. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was looking forward to reading this book just from reading the brief description. However, I found the book to be quite repetitive in places (how many times do we have to read about the shadow mans face and body being in shadow?) and this put me off the book slightly. I think that the author has put too many magical beings in this book and it detracts from what could have been a better story.

I think the book, at over 400 pages, is quite long and you can see some of the plot outcomes early on. I would give further books in this series a read to see how it pans out but I wouldn't be buying them as soon as they are released.

This book is destined for the charity shop - its definitely not a keeper.

Testament of a Witch (John Mackenzie)
Testament of a Witch (John Mackenzie)
by Douglas Watt

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really my cup of tea but doesn't mean it isn't good, 31 Aug. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this book after having just watched the movie Season of the Witch. I wasn't really impressed with this movie but I thought I would give this book a go as it looked quite similar.

I found the book hard going but I'm putting this down to it being set in the 1600's and not what I'm used to. I did really enjoy some of the characters (McKenzie and Scougall) and the story was tied up nicely at the end and everything explained.

An ok story but just not for me

London Calling (Inspector Carlyle 1)
London Calling (Inspector Carlyle 1)
by James Craig

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the first one, 26 Aug. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This isn't a bad book but I'm not a huge lover of political stories so can't give it more than 3 stars.

I liked the main character and the fact that he does his own thing in the police force and doesn't dwell on what his colleagues might think of him.

One thing I didn't like about the book is that when it goes into the past you get the date at the start of the chapter but when it comes back to the present you get nothing and so I wasn't sure whether we were still in the past. You could also really dislike some of the characters so the author does this well. The book also has some graphic sex scenes in.

Tetrafin Fresh Delica Red Bloodworms 16x3g Fish Food
Tetrafin Fresh Delica Red Bloodworms 16x3g Fish Food
Offered by Purely Health

5.0 out of 5 stars My fish love it!, 4 Aug. 2011
I bought this product more or less on a whim to give my tropical fish a little treat. I have molly's, platy's, black neons, neons a siamese fighter fish and 4 yamata shrimps and they love this. For the sachets being quite small there is actually a fair amount of food in.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD]
The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew Lincoln

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite worth a fifth star, 2 Aug. 2011
I thought the first episode of this series was quite slow but it does pick up. There isn't actually that much gore (and as I can gather from other reviewers this is due to parts being taken out - don't understand why as it has a suitable rating!)

I wasn't over-awed by the series, there isn't much character development and I couldn't understand why they would trek back through the city to get a man that is of no use to the group and is a racist white supremist but off they go to do this. It has left a lot of unanswered questions which I would hope would be answered in series 2 rather than there being more and more series i.e. why/ how did Rick survive, in his weakened state (having just woke up from a coma how does he manage to cross the city to get to his house (a little bit unrealistic there!), what's whispered in Ricks ear, where is Merle, is there a safe haven???

I'll definitely watch series 2 but like I say I hope it is wrapped up quick so that it doesn't drag

Bad Teacher [DVD] [2011]
Bad Teacher [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Cameron Diaz

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, it's never going to win an oscar but..., 25 July 2011
This review is from: Bad Teacher [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
This isn't a great movie but it isn't total rubbish either. Its not laugh out loud all the way through but there are some funny bits; the movie is quite crude as well so bear this mind when you go to watch it.

I think Cameron Diaz played her role quite well, its not very often that you see her playing a complete bi*ch but she did it well. Justin Timberlake wasn't that great - the best character for me was Jason Segal.

If you're not looking for an oscar worthy movie and just want to chill out and not do any thinking then this is the movie for you. Don't have your hopes set too high and you will probably enjoy this movie

Cath Kidston Strawberry Notebook (Cath Kidston Stationery Collec)
Cath Kidston Strawberry Notebook (Cath Kidston Stationery Collec)
by Quadrille +

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little notebook, 19 July 2011
I've just received this notebook in the post and I must say it looks really good.

The front and back covers are a hard durable looking plastic and the pages inside are lined with a header for the date and a topic which could easily make this notebook into a journal/ diary for anybody.

I think the price was fantastic, I've bought notebooks from shops and they cost a good few pounds more. I like my notebooks to have a nice design on rather than be just a boring block colour so I'm very pleased with the strawberries.

The notebook itself is a little larger than A5 so bear this in mind if you are after an A5 book.

Season Of The Witch [DVD]
Season Of The Witch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage

3.0 out of 5 stars Just missing out on 4 stars, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Season Of The Witch [DVD] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to this movie since it was recommended to me by Amazon. I got to watch it last night and I have to say it was a bit of a disappointment to me. The movie follows 2 knights escorting a supposed witch to an abbey for trial.

There were some really good parts in the movie - I particularly liked the wolf chase,the crossing of the bridge and the hanging of the condemned witches at the beginning but I wasn't expecting the demon aspect. I'm not sure why as if there is the possibility of witches then why not demons?? but this was what let the movie down for me.

Hanna [DVD]
Hanna [DVD]
Dvd ~ Saoirse Ronan

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much of a mish mash, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Hanna [DVD] (DVD)
I can't believe how this movie is given 5 stars by some reviewers. Hanna doesn't know whether its a spy movie or a coming of age movie! The movie begins out in the wilderness with just Hanna and her father living totally off the grid. Hanna then decides she wants out in the real world and eventually her father lets her and leaves her in their cabin while a team of soldiers/ killers come looking for them.

The story is then Hanna travelling through countries to meet her father in Berlin, I assume just to show him she can survive on her own, but is being followed by a gang hired by a CIA agent whose nose has been put out of joint! This is where the movie takes on a new theme and becomes a coming of age movie and totally ruins the movie for me. Hanna meets up with a teenager and her family and stows away in their camper van. When she is discovered she is treated as one of the family. Hanna discovers electricity for the first time and is obviously mesmerised by it but then a little later in the movie she is able to serf the world wide web!!! Hanna hooks up with a boy and blah blah blah! This part of the movie is so unnecessary.

Cate Blanchett's role is OTT and you never quite know whether she wants Hanna dead on or wants to recruit her.

What a complete let down. The only positive thing I can say for the movie is that some of the action scenes are really good
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2011 6:20 AM BST

The 52 Seductions
The 52 Seductions
by Betty Herbert

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 29 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The 52 Seductions (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this book thinking it would be a fun and comical look at a couple's long-term relationship and their attempts to make it more exciting. This is not really what you get, this book is more like a diary from the female characters perspective.

You don't just get the information on the seductions but also her thoughts and insights into love, sex and relationships. The book is quite explicit and readers should be aware of this before buying the book. It is an enjoyable read and the couple are quite decent but it can get a bit repetitive in some places.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16