Profile for Kash > Reviews

The Sorcerer's Apprentice [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent remake, 3 May 2011
I enjoyed this movie - a remake of the classic The Magicians Apprentice. The effects are really good and I think Nicolas Cage takes on his role very well. Its a really enjoyable family movie

The Afterparty
The Afterparty
by Leo Benedictus

2.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't finish this book..., 3 May 2011
This review is from: The Afterparty (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I couldn't get away with this book and the only reason I can put it down to is the way the story begins even though you are warned at the beginning of the book what the first scene is going to be! I don't want to give it away but it is quite disgusting.

This just put me of the rest of the book even though I did try to persevere. Not a very good review of the book as I didn't read it fully

City Island [DVD] [2009]
City Island [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Andy Garcia

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with Andy Garcia, 3 May 2011
This review is from: City Island [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this movie. It centres around a dysfunctional family of 4 (mother, father, daughter and son) and a number of secrets family members are keeping.

It isn't a laugh out loud type of movie but is one that will keep you entertained until the end, I can almost see similarities with American Beauty in that the story just flows along nicely and isn't too taxing.

I would thoroughly recommend this movie to everyone

Dragon Heat (Berkley Sensation)
Dragon Heat (Berkley Sensation)
by Allyson James
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars A slow read, 26 April 2011
I bought this book only because I liked the sound of a book further on in this series and thought it best I start at the beginning.

It was an alright read but not a book I would rave about. As its a romance book you can accurately predict the ending of the book, there are no real surprises.

I will not be put off reading the book I had intended to buy originally and only hope that the series picks up

Sanctum [DVD]
Sanctum [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Roxburgh
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Sanctum [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this movie knowing nothing about it, and all the way through I expected aliens in some form or another.

As the previous reviewer states this movie is about caving and a disasterous event. The movie itself is very cliched, father and son and the lack of relationship and how this turns around in the face of adversity. There are no 'big' names in this movie and I didn't necessarily see that as a negative but this movie just definitely wasn't for me.

Maybe seeing it in 3D may have made it more impressive but overall it was a let down.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2013 12:38 PM BST

Nike Lady Santiam 4 Leisure Sandals, Size UKL6H
Nike Lady Santiam 4 Leisure Sandals, Size UKL6H

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic summer shoe, 25 April 2011
These sandals are excellent for the summer weather. They are very comfortable (once I'd broken them in) and are very light on your feet. I was especially pleased that they came in half sizes as I'm between a 6 and a 7 and they are a perfect fit.

They keep your feet nice and cool.

A very good price

Faking It
Faking It
by Elisa Lorello

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Faking It (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and could have gladly read more, I was disappointed that I'd reached the end.

The book is definitely aimed at females but i wouldn't necessarily call it a 'chick-lit'. The 2 main characters are easy to like and relate to and I think the story progresses at a good pace. I hadn't read a story a long these kind of lines before and it has made me want to look at further books by the author.

A good read that isn't too taxing!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this product, 4 April 2011
I purchased this coat as looking around the shops they all had the same styles on offer (mac type coats which I didn't want). I originally wanted this coat in purple, a nice summery colour, however; I was too slow and they sold out!

I wanted a thin coat for the summer but with long sleeves and overall I am more than happy with this coat, it has lots of pockets which is useful for my keys, ipod, phone, bus pass etc!

The coat is slightly fitted so bear this in mind when it comes to sizing, there is also a tie on the back that can make the coat a bit tighter if you need it. An excellent price and very speedy delivery by the seller.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars these came in a bag rather than the pack, 23 Mar 2011
I bought these pebbles expecting them to be in a plastic pack, however; they came in a bag and had a few more stones in than I expected!

This product loses a star as I've since found them cheaper elsewhere. It's best to keep in mind that you'll probably need a fair few packs to get an even level in your tank
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2013 1:22 AM GMT

biOrb Easy Plant Autumn Fern, Medium
biOrb Easy Plant Autumn Fern, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Something a little bit different than green, 16 Mar 2011
I purchased this item as I wanted my fish tank to have a bit more colour than just green. These plants look really good and they are actually quite tall, taller than I expected for medium plants! The colours are really great and do exactly what I wanted and add a bit of colour to my tank. The balls at the bottom of the plants are large and are easily covered by my large feng shui pebbles.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14