Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Kash > Reviews

Real Tigers: Jackson Lamb Thriller 3
by Mick Herron

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 29 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very disappointed in this book.

The book centres around a group of 'failures' in MI5 - people who have screwed up and end up in Slough House to pay their penance with no chance of making it back out.

At the time of reading this book I was unaware it was a series; although I didn't like the book I didn't feel like I was in the dark about anything so don't think you need to have read the previous books.

I found that there was no one in this book that I actually liked! There were numerous people to try and remember and recall where they fit in and in which departments etc; some with similar names which made it more tricky!

The book starts with a kidnapping of one of these Slough House workers and progresses on to how these failure misfits solve the crime. The book felt overly long and I couldn't wait to finish it to start something else. I will not be reading anymore of Mick Herron's books.

The ending felt rushed and the whole reason for the kidnapping and the ensuing activity a little to flimsy. Not a book I can recommend

Philips FC6402/61 2-in-1 Wet and Dry Cordless Vacuum Cleaner and Mop, Pet and Anti-Allergen

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but room for Improvement, 21 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
One of the best things about this product is its lightness; it easy to lift and carry and has an easy glide motion. It isn't difficult to change direction as the 'hoover' twists and turns naturally (similar to the dyson ball but this mechanism is much smaller).

There is a small triple light indicator on the front showing how far along the charging process is.

As a hoover - I have wood flooring, ceramic tiles and carpet in my house and this has worked well on all. You can really feel the suction when it is on the carpet. There is a 'max' setting which is more powerful; although this does run the battery down massively (From fully charged to less than 5 minutes on max the charge is down to 1 light). I feel like the max speed is more worthwhile in hoovering on the wood floor but there is no way I'd get more than 2 rooms done with this setting.

I found the instructions were really poor. I won't pretend its rocket science to use - as its not - but I prefer the comfort of instructions with something I've never used before. Most of them were Chinese and there were a sequence of 5 or 6 pictures showing how to straighten the handle, charge, and put the mop section on. I succeeded but still, decent instructions would be useful.

As a mop - I was disappointed with the mop. As you will see from the pictures in the item description; the mop attachment is the light blue bit at the back of hoover head. This doesn't clip in to place, only sits on top of (the hoover wheels sit in indents on the light blue attachment); although I do have to say this did feel quite secure. The main downfall is that as the attachment sits at the back of the hoover; the mop covers about half of the hoover head, this means that the front half of the head is uncovered so getting to the edges of the floors is difficult and sometimes faffy as I had to twist and turn to get the back of the mop into corners and sometimes this just isn't possible. So you can sometimes end up with an edge of approx. 3 inches that is difficult to clean! There are 2 mop clothes included; these Velcro onto the plastic head easily and go in the wash after use.

Some of points that I think need improving:

- standing upright - I find that when I think I've stood the hoover upright I haven't pushed the handle forward enough as it falls backwards - this is because is doesn't clip into place. I've take to make sure I'm standing it against a wall when its put away
- longer max usage. It takes a fair few hours to get to full charge and like I say with only a few minutes on max the charge is obliterated
- better mopping feature - the mop should cover the whole head
- instructions - I think when it comes to me wanting to clean the filter I might struggle; it's going to have to be trial and error

It is a good product and has certainly cut down on the time and effort manual sweeping and mopping has!

AmazonBasics Nano Bluetooth Speaker - Blue
AmazonBasics Nano Bluetooth Speaker - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Little Speaker, 14 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never had a Bluetooth speaker so wasn't too sure what to expect. Smaller than I thought, although hands up - the word nano should have alerted me!

This was very easy to connect to my ipod touch, took only seconds and I was away. I'm very impressed with this, the sound is really good and I can have the speaker in the room with me and have the ipod in another room so I have no problems with the signal. The speaker I was using before was mains connected and bigger so I needed an extension to move from room to room. This has been ideal as I either just leave it on a shelf or hang it on something handy.

I can't recommend this highly enough; this will not be the only Bluetooth speaker I invest in.

Luther - Series 4 [DVD] [2015]
Luther - Series 4 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Idris Elba

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as good as the first 3 series, 3 Feb. 2016
I've just caught up with this series and have to say that compared to the previous 3 series this was a big let down! I have to agree with other reviewers that 2 episodes do not make a series for me although I'm glad this wasn't dragged out into more episodes.

These 2 episodes felt very rushed to me, a lot was crammed in but not really brought together. The Alice storyline wasn't dealt with conclusively which could be the writers intention but the introduction of a 'replacement' Alice felt like an afterthought.

John Luther's character hadn't changed in this series to make it less satisfying it just felt like an overall let down. I'd like to see the character of Benny utilised more in future series.

I'll keep watching should they make more but I can't bring myself to purchase these a the moment

House of Marley EM-JE031-GN Uplift v2.0 In-Ear Headphone with Microphone
House of Marley EM-JE031-GN Uplift v2.0 In-Ear Headphone with Microphone
Offered by Nottingham HiFi Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set of Earphones, 28 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like these earphones and highly recommend them. They are very comfortable to wear and come with the usual 3 sets of rubber ends for best fit.

The length of cord is reasonable, I wear my ipod tucked into the inside of my coat then popping out at the bottom and then safe inside my coat pocket and there is enough cord for this. The design of the cord is quite striking too and the black and gold looks very good.

The sound is good, I have no complaints. There is a button on one side of the wire (towards your ear) that allows you to stop and start your music without having to take your device out of your pocket. Another little feature I discovered by accident was when you hold this stop/ start button down for a few seconds you get told the name of the song and the artists!

A very good set of earphones that I can highly recommend

A Prayer For Owen Meany
A Prayer For Owen Meany
by John Irving

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, Avoid!, 5 Jan. 2016
Oh my god, what an extremely, overly long book! I chose this book for my book group and how I regret putting them through this!

the story I got was not what I was expecting from reading the blurb and reviews on the back! Witty??? Where? There is far too much religious passages in this book for me - I completely ignored these although it didn't shorten the book any! I won't give away the ending or the build up to the ending but it just did not sit well with me. I enjoyed some of the stories of Johnny and Owen Meany when they were young but this wasn't enough to save the book. I honestly believe that the book could be halved by cutting out a lot of what is not necessary, the religious sections, in depth descriptions of characters not relevant to the story, so much detail about the Vietnam war!

There are no more positives I can say about the book; once we discuss it at the group it is going straight to the charity shop

[(How to Blackmail a Ghost : A Libby Grace Mystery - Book 2)] [By (author) Audrey Claire] published on (November, 2014)
by Audrey Claire

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great, Quick Read of a Series, 5 Jan. 2016
I really enjoyed this book, the follow on from How to Be a Ghost. This book, and the first, are really easy to read and don't take long to get through at all.

In this book Libby (the main character) is still trying to locate her body; she has become much more skilled in maintaining a solid form but before she can continue with her search for herself she is accused of murder of the towns busy-body. With the help of her friends, old and new, she tries to clear her name before the tether keeping her in the land of the living breaks once and for all.

After reading the first book I was hooked and had to order the next 2 right away, I'm now dying to read the final instalment!

I like all the characters in this book and I'm hooked on finding out what happened to Libby.

If you're after a quick, enjoyable read then I cannot recommend this series highly enough

Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipstick, One-Of-A-Kind
Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipstick, One-Of-A-Kind

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright but nothing to rave about, 23 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This lipstick was alright, it didn't stay on for as long as I would have expected from Rimmel, you got a good covering - it didn't feel wishy washy. However, you are definitely going to have to re-apply frequently throughout the day/ night

I liked the casing - it felt very secure, it felt like there was no chance that the lid would become dislodged while it was in your handbag.

From Darkness [DVD] [2015]
From Darkness [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Anne-Marie Duff

1.0 out of 5 stars this was a really bad mini series, 8 Dec. 2015
This review is from: From Darkness [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
I have to agree with the majority of reviews here; this was a really bad mini series.

I watched this over the 4 weeks on tele; there is very little positive to say about it. The 2 lead characters were miserable and not like-able in any way. The story line was weak and the ending was a real let down. I had much higher hopes for this.

I'd recommend giving this a complete miss. There have been some great dramas on the tele this year but unfortunately this is not one of them

The Skull Throne: The Demon Cycle, Book 4
The Skull Throne: The Demon Cycle, Book 4
by Peter V. Brett

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Slow Burner with an Explosive Ending!, 18 Nov. 2015
This is a very thick book, be prepared to read it for some time!

As with the Desert Spear, I found this book to be overly long. You get a lot of descriptions of the fights with the demons (which I don't think are needed) and there are a lot of new characters introduced.

I've given the book 4 stars though because the last 100 pages or so make the length of the book all worthwhile!

There is no great deal of growth/ change for the main characters (Arlen, Leesha or Rojer) and if anything they do get quite annoying and repetitive. I'm still enjoying the series though and massively look forward to the next book which I believe is the last in the series.

If you've read the previous 3 books then is a must read - you won't regret it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17