Profile for thefreakonaleash > Reviews

"thefreakonaleash"

Buddha
Buddha

3.0 out of 5 stars What are people on about? its blink but so?, 1 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Buddha (Audio CD)
I can't understand why people are saying this album is great, its good and sounds like blink but the recording is really poor and even though it has been digatally remastered the sound quality still isn't that good.
The vocals of Tom are shoddy and at times make you cover up your ears. Mark does slightly better but not leaps and bounds.
What saves this album from being awful is the fact that the songs are great and if blink performed them now they would sound good.
Carousel and 21 days are my favourite songs and the album is consistant with its standard throughout and you'll find after a few listens you'll be singing along.
The album definately dose't compare with Dude Ranch, Enema of the state or take of your pants and jacket.
This album is worth buying and it isn't awful at all but don't be fooled into thinking its like recent blink material, the band have improved loads and loads. The music on the album is of a poor sound quality but the actual songs are good.

We've Come for You All
We've Come for You All

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a Little Disappointing, 1 Aug. 2003
This review is from: We've Come for You All (Audio CD)
I had never heard of Anthrax three weeks ago and then I switched on the T.V on to Kerrang and 'Safe Home' was playing, I thought it was an awsome song. Later that week I was in a music shop and saw this album and I bought it.
Onto the album - The truth is the album is good but I was hoping that all the songs would be at the same or a near standard to safe home and the truth the song is a million miles away from the standard of the rest of the album.
On first listening I was really disapointed, since then I have listened to it more and more and it has improved on me.
Apart from both of the safe home songs the only other song I really liked was Cadillac Rock Box. The album dwells on thrash metal and in places shows brilliance, but in some places you end up skipping track after track.
The guitarists have great skill and the solo on safe home is exceptional. The vocalist has a great sound and the drummer lays down a good beat and the band do sound very musicaly tight.
The album is definately worth a listen for people who have bought previous records or thrash metal fans but do not expect the album to compare with safe home.

Anthology
Anthology

4.0 out of 5 stars Definately Worth A Listen, 31 July 2003
This review is from: Anthology (Audio CD)
Although I have had this album for ages I decide to review it.
AAF make an excellent sound the guitarist and bassist work very well together and that was the first thing I noticed about the band.The music is just plain rock with good vocals by someone who can actually sing unlike some singers in bands.
The singles 'Smooth Criminal' and 'Movies' are great but don't be fooled into thinking that they are the best songs on the album.
Th first song Courage is excellent and my second favourite on the album behind Movies.
Summer and Flesh and Bone are two more of the better songs on the album.
Personally I dislike Whisper it dosn't sound musical and is the main reason why this album didn't get 5 stars.
Sticks and Stones, Attitude and Stranded all include brilliant guitar riffs that show the talent AAF have.
Wish has a skate sound including a lot of plam muting on the guitar. It's good though.
I really like Happy Death Day and Calico and once again the guitaring is brilliant.
The album finishes with Universe which as with many albums ends the alnum with a long song that leads into a secret song.
Overall the album is very good and I definately recommend it but its just a shame that Whisper was included on the album. I am really looking forward to the new album!
Enjoy

Hi-Fi Serious
Hi-Fi Serious
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Something Different, 31 July 2003
This review is from: Hi-Fi Serious (Audio CD)
A have produced an excellent effort with this album.The album opens with my favourite song 'Nothing' and even though I must have listened to this song over a hundred times I never get board of it. Nothing is definately the heaviest song on the album but it sets a high level for the rest of the album.
Somethings Going On and 6 O' Clock are great songs and show how much energy A have. The album blares at you from your stereo.
Going down is a bit more mellow but still A produce a good sound.
Shut yer Face and Took it away have laughable lyrics in places and A never fail to cheer you up.
Apart from Nothing my favourite songs on the album are The springs which is really soft and not punk rock at all, I love it and A's second single Starbucks which has great guitarring throughout the song.
The album finishes with four songs with loads of energy and I personally like Hi-FI Serious, the song sounds great.
I didn't know if I should give this album 4 or 5 but I think I made the right decision. I highly recommend this album to punk rock fans and anyone who likes Nothing or Starbucks.
Have FUN

Break The Cycle
Break The Cycle

5.0 out of 5 stars Enter Staind!, 27 May 2003
This review is from: Break The Cycle (Audio CD)
Staind shot into the big time with this intense second album, although Disfunction was known buy selctive people this album shoved Staind into everyones ears.
The album starts with an excellent song 'Open Your Eyes' which really shoes Staind's natural talent for heavy rock. The album progresses with song after song of pure genius, standout songs include 'It's Been Awile', 'Epiphany', 'Outside' and 'For You'. 'For You' is definately the best track the song opens with a heavy tune and the chorus is outstanding. 'Outside' is a beutifully written song that shows Aaron is a brilliant song writter. 'Epiphany' brings a softer approach which adds an excellent contrast to the rest of the album and in its self is excellent. 'Its Been Awile' shows Stainds ability to link all parts of a song together and make it sound fantastic.
Staind are really worth a listen and I don't know anyone who has purchased this album and been disapointed.Definately worth the money.

14 Shades of Grey
14 Shades of Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Staind take music to even higher level!, 27 May 2003
This review is from: 14 Shades of Grey (Audio CD)
This admitidly sounded different when I first put it in the machine machine beacuse it sounds like a more polished sound than 'break the cycle'. It opens with 'pay to play' a great song that proves Staind are on top of their music.
The next track is my favourite 'How bout You' which starts as mike playing a semi-acoustic guitar and then turns into a great heavy chorus. Staind's new found stlye is to have soft semi-acoustic verses followed by heavy choruses which works well. The next three songs are great and then 'zoe jane' begins; a song all about aaron's daughter, very well written and executed. The latter songs are all still good with some excellent choruses but the best from the album comes from the first six songs.
I really recommend you to buy this and in many aspects it is better than 'break the cycle'. A imense listen.

Issues
Issues

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Follow The Leader!, 20 July 2002
This review is from: Issues (Audio CD)
This is a realitevly good album by Korn but the things I don't like about it are that it has way too many fillers or short songs which in my opinion really are not worth putting on the album, on the other side the full length songs start to make up for it including the three singles that were realesed from this album and in my opinion apart from them there is no stand out song.'Make Me Bad', 'Somebody Someone' and 'Falling Away From Me' are the best songs. This album is worth getting if you have all the other albums and it is better than Life Is Peachey but it cannot match up to Korn and Follow The Leader. The upside is they are more talented as a band than they were when they realesed Korn and the guitaring and drumming and the vocals have improved in quility but with their talent they didn't use it enough and that is why in my opinion this album comes across to me as sloppy. I still think it is a realitevly good album and as much as I have put you off this album it is pretty good overall!

Korn
Korn
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavier Korn at Their Best., 20 July 2002
This review is from: Korn (Audio CD)
Probablly Korn's heaviset album but that does not make it the worst it has Jon Davis screaming down the mic in most of the chorus's the best songs are 'Blind', 'Need To' and my favourite song 'Clown'. 'Clown' has a great chorus and it is about a fight 'Blind' is about drugs.Most people don't like 'Ball Tongue' and I have to admit that I hated it when I first heard it because it just sounded like Head just screaming down the mic but after listening to it repeatedly it has grown on me and I like it a lot more now.
This album is very individual because I cannot match it up with any other Korn album. The guitaring is mainly chords played on Munky's and Head's Ibanez 7 string guitars(not the k7 that came later). The drumming is slower on this than on Follow the Leader and Issues for the most part of most of the songs.
I would recommend this album because it deserves to be known publically a lot more than it is at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Korn Best Album!, 20 July 2002
This review is from: Follow The Leader (Audio CD)
This is definately Korn's best album I have had it for quite some time. It is slightly softer than Korn and Issues but that does not make it a bad album. The best songs are 'Freak On A Leash' which is Jon's song about hating the music business, 'Got The Life', 'B.B.K', 'All In the Family' which includes Fred Durst, 'Children Of The Korn'. Also 'Pretty', 'Dead Bodies Everywhere' and 'It's On' are good songs as well. Jonathon Davis does a lot less screaming in this than in his first studio album and this unlike Issues dosn't have any short filler songs so it is just pure music all the way through and I strongly recommend you buy this even if your new to Korn and if you are new to Korn then this would be the album I would buy to see if you like them.
The drumming is a lot better on this record than Korn and Life is Peachey. The guitaring is also more melodic rather than just chords.