Profile for Ms. A. Standing > Reviews

Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston's Flour Bakery & Cafe
by Joanne Chang
Price: 15.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 17 Nov 2012
I am a very keen baker who dreams of opening her own bakery. I collect cookbooks and sometime just sit down and read cookbooks. I wanted this book for ages and finally gave in and bought it. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived, I love this cookbook, at the start of every recipe Joanne tells you how the recipe became, stories about holidays she's taken and inspiration she'd found, it makes it feel like she's next to you! All I can say is I wish I lived in the USA sometimes so that I could visit one of the Flour bakeries!

Everything I've made from this book has turned out perfectly and her chocolate chunk cookies are to die for, I've searched high and low for the perfect cookie recipe and I can safely say I've found it in Flour. I've now made the recipe loads of times with lots of different additions and types of chocolate, they always turn out perfectly. I've also made the croissants which, whilst time consuming (they take about 2 days to make) are well worth it, they taste much better than shop bought ones and have a gorgeously flaky texture and buttery taste.

I hope Joanne Chang writes another cookbook because I'll definitely be buying it! I would highly recommend this book, the pages are lovely and glossy and whilst there isn't a photo for every recipes, the photo's are beautiful.

12 Cup Silicon / Silicone Muffin Tray Cupcake Cake Cases, moulds. Available in pink, blue or red.
Offered by Lowest Price
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 22 Aug 2012
I am a baker and always baking cupcakes. I first purchased this last year because it was a good price. It's the perfect size to go with my Lakeland cupcake cases, no creasing of the cases, other cupcake trays I find are too small for a standard cupcake so this one is lovely and doesn't stick at all! In fact I've just bought another one because I frequently have larger batches of cupcakes, would definitely recommend!

Kenwood kMix HM790 Metal Hand Mixer (White)
Kenwood kMix HM790 Metal Hand Mixer (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! A must have!, 4 April 2012
I really believe that you get what you pay for and I did have a much cheaper hand mixer because at the time I couldn't afford a better one. Well it lasted a few months and then the beaters stopped going round whilst mixing, an admittedly thick carrot cake mix. My dad simply can't live without his carrot cake so the need for a new hand mixer was great!

My boyfriend bought me the Kenwood kMix handmixer and all I can say is WOW! The beaters are really long which is good for deep bowls and lots of cake mix! The dough hooks are also amazing, they really can bring a dough together quickly. I've tried dough hooks in the food processor, but it just doesn't quite work. The hooks are nice and long. It is also quiet and super powerful :) Comes with a stand so you can have it on the worktop and it looks so good you will want to. It's also made from metal, yes it's quite heavy, but it really feels sturdy in your hand and is good quality. A lot of other mixers are plastic and can feel a bit lightweight.

Definitely recommend this mixer. In fact I'm so in love with it I'm getting the matching stand mixer for my birthday!