Profile for M. Richardson > Reviews

Content by M. Richardson

M. Richardson "iwassomucholderthen" (UK)

Re-Volting 79-06
Re-Volting 79-06
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 10.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Top Top, 26 July 2007
This review is from: Re-Volting 79-06 (Audio CD)
I saw this band in Dolly Grays, Wakefield, after having a leaflet stuffed into my hand at the chancery pub by the singer. This was before Horror Stories was released and before John peel opened his show with said single. The gig was fantastic. I bought the single and loved the ban. I had no idea this CD was out but I will be buying it forthwith. So should you.

Outside
Outside
Price: 5.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic Album, 20 Jan 2007
This review is from: Outside (Audio CD)
This album is criminally under-rated and, for me, represents a high point in a career of many, many highs! People who thought him spent after Tin Machine should listen to this and re-consider, perhaps Tin Machine was something of a 'personal punk' for Bowie, a blowing away of the cobwebs as his turnout since then has been sparkling. The Buddah of Suburbia was excellent but this...something else!

It is dark, moody and melancholy but also thrilling and vibrant. Sonically dazzling and considering the lyrics were put down using a computer version of his old 'cut and paste' techique it is lyrically both challenging and choate. Perhaps ten years ahead of its time in 1995 it should, by now be seen as what it is, a work of genius. Among his best, if not the absolute best.

Buy this album. No, I mean it BUY THIS ALBUM!

The Heat
The Heat
Price: 5.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound, Maybe Even A 5, 23 May 2004
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
I got sent a copy of this, pre-release and I put it on with some trepidation as I had enjoyed 'The Fine Art...' so much. I had not yet read a review and so had not been prejudiced in any way except by the excellence of Jesse's 1st album. This is a VERY good follow-up to his debut, The Fine Art Of Self-Destruction and an album that improves with every listen. From the superb single 'Mona Lisa' which name-checks Shane MacGowan to the beauty of Silver Manhattan and God''s Lonely People this is an album that deserves to be heard.
Jesse is a real talent; buy this!