Profile for Josh Hesketh > Reviews

PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide
PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide
by Larry Ullman

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on, 24 Jan 2005
This is a perfect book if you want to learn php, it explains everything you need to create dynamic websites step by step but also explains everything its doing making sure you can adapt the information you learn to the situation you need to apply it too. I would reccomend a basic understand of the way html works if you plan to buy it, but this can be easily and quickly picked up from the book if you so wish.

10,000 Dreams Interpreted
10,000 Dreams Interpreted
by Pamela Ball

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a book, 16 Jan 2005
Please dont think of this as a book but more a reference guide for you. It simply lists in alphabetical order the believed significance of things in our dreams. For example it lists chess in our dreams as being a metaphore for war or other strategic activity in our waking lives and then expands on to say what wining and losing the game in our dreams takes form in our waking lives. Its a great guide but more a reference to keep on your bookshelf.

Half-Life 2 (DVD ROM)
Half-Life 2 (DVD ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Raises the bar, 16 Jan 2005
This review is from: Half-Life 2 (DVD ROM) (Video Game)
This game is a must for first person shooters, it takes the genre to the next level. It has everything and really pushes the button, lives up to the hype and will keep you coming back for more. The only dissapointment in my oppinion is the end of the story, so clearly ready for the next game. I prefer story's to wrap up and sequels to expand from that. The actual game exhibits more than enough for 5/5 stars though. Die hard doom fans dont seem to like it though due to the fact it actually requires you do to more than find a button and push it to move to the next room where more bad guys are waiting for you.

Bill Bailey: Live - Part Troll [VHS]
Bill Bailey: Live - Part Troll [VHS]
VHS
Offered by stephensmith_426

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 15 Jan 2005
I really think you would be hard pressed to find a better stand-up show. If you broke this dvd up into 5 minute sections and rated each section everyone would get 5 stars from me. All the comedy is very original, funny and obviously comes very naturally to bill as none of this seems like he's trying to be funny but simply is. I couldnt recommend this more. Buy it, thank me later.