Profile for Chris-TKD > Reviews

Content by Chris-TKD

Chris-TKD (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
EiioX High Power Green Beam LED Laser Pointer Pen 1MW With Batteries and Gift Box
Offered by EiioX
Price: 5.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to start, then stopped working after 2-3 days, 11 Nov 2013
When I bought this pointer I was impressed by the fast delivery, and how bright it was. It was almost too bright to use in work presentations, but amazing for pointing objects out (outside in day or night).

However, after a few days of use the item stopped working. The dot ranged from a tiny pale green pin prick to a almost bright dot around the size of a pen lid.

It's obvious you get what you pay for, in this case very poor quality control and a short shelf life. Item returned to Amazon for a full refund.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me!, 14 Aug 2013
Every so often I have problems getting to sleep and staying asleep. Particularly if I've something important to do the day after.
These work for me. I get to sleep quickly, and stay asleep!

I do agree that there's some groggy feeling the morning after, I find this happens if you take one in the early hours.

My recommendation is to plan to go to bed early, take one early and sleep through. That strategy means it's worn off when you wake, and very little groggy feelings.

Fruit of the Loom Heavy Cotton T-Shirt - Red Large
Fruit of the Loom Heavy Cotton T-Shirt - Red Large
Offered by 247Clix UK
Price: 2.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 16 July 2013
Fabric: Nice and heavy duty, much better than supermarket t-shirts.

Colours: Bright! (I ordered 3, yellow, red and blue, all are great)

Size: As to be expected these aren't very big, I ordered a size up from normal and it's perfect (even after washes). I like t-shirts to be on the loose side. I ordered size: L, for reference I'm 5'9" and 71kg. Large is perfect after a wash, might have been slightly baggy pre-wash.

For the money you can't go wrong.

Contour Vented Helmet Mount 2550
Contour Vented Helmet Mount 2550
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 4 July 2013
Secures well to my MTB helmet and my ROAM2 doesn't move at all while riding.

It's not cheap by any means, but it's worth it to record your adventures!

SanDisk SDSDQU-032G-U46A MicroSDHC Ultra 32 GB Class 10 UHS-I 30 MB/s with SD Adapter (Label May Change)
Offered by PicStop
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and fast!, 4 July 2013
I use this in my Contour ROAM2 camera and it works perfectly. I can get around 4 hours of 1080p 30fps footage on to this card.

When I go away for a week, I can take 3 cards and not worry about the cards getting full.

Autoglym Bird Dropping Wipes
Autoglym Bird Dropping Wipes
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, I always keep a set handy!, 4 July 2013
I always have a pack of these in my boot. They instantly break down even the most angry bird poo on your paintwork! You may then safely dispose of the wipe in the bin. Of course it leaves a little smear which you'll have to get rid of next time you wash the car (or a clean bit!) but this is far better than leaving corrosive bird poo eating your paintwork!

Bear Grylls Men's Originals Shorts - Dark Khaki/Black, 34 Inch
Bear Grylls Men's Originals Shorts - Dark Khaki/Black, 34 Inch
Offered by Franticelix Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 4 July 2013
It's hard to get too excited about "outdoors" shorts. However these are perfect for me, they are hard wearing, and after a week of treking they didn't even smell....much!

They are robust and although washed around 10 times the colours seem "ok". They are the length shown in the picture, around knee length, which is fairly long but just what I was after.

Optimum Men's Cycling Full Finger MTB/BMX Glove - Black, Medium
Optimum Men's Cycling Full Finger MTB/BMX Glove - Black, Medium
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money!, 4 July 2013
Used these on my MTB adventures (which aren't very often) and they've held up well! Can't fault the quality of them!

Raiken Apparel Flex Fleece Hoody Orange L
Raiken Apparel Flex Fleece Hoody Orange L

3.0 out of 5 stars Order 1 or 2 sizes up, it's very small!, 4 July 2013
Quality: You get what you pay for, if you want a "knock about" hoodie that you don't need to worry about, this is perfect! Colour is bright, and it's quite warm / thick for the cost! Great value for money!

Size: I usually wear medium in all my clothes, but reading other reviews I ordered a large. The Large is still on the small side, before I've even washed it! What I would therefore recommend is to order 2 sizes up, unless you're looking for a slim fit. I will probably order again, but get an XL. (I'm 5'9" and 71kg)

ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)
ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)
Price: 145.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof, easy to use, cheaper than Go Pro!, 26 Jun 2013
This camera is brilliant!

It's much cheaper than Go Pro, and the more advanced Contour HD2. Put simply, unless you MUST have the GPS or higher frame rate offered by the Go Pro Hero 3 Black Edition or the Contour HD2, you should buy this camera.

Mounting is easy, and once I set the camera to 1080p 30fps, I've never changed it. Shot perfect helmet camera footage, mount says firmly on and you have the added safety of a securing cord.

Being metallic bodied, this thing is also robust, and waterproof...well rainproof :)

For me, it's the best camera (value for money) that you can get.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3