Profile for Kyle Gray > Reviews

Kyle Gray "angeloracle"

Zen Jiu Jitsu - White to Blue
Zen Jiu Jitsu - White to Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Mental/Emotional Preparation, 26 May 2016
Great book. I started BJJ just a month ago and this manual has been incredible with insights. It's not filled with techniques for the actual practice of BJJ but more a mental/emotional preparation so that you are fully aware on the mat.

Buddha Da
Buddha Da
by Anne Donovan

5.0 out of 5 stars Real life, 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Buddha Da (Paperback)
This book was an absolute joy to read. I was recommended it by a friend. Speaking in full Glasweigan tongue this book tells the story of a family who are faced with day to day challenges. A husband father of one 'Jimmy' who is a painter and decorator finds himself been drawn into the Buddhist world and with that forgets about his responsibilities.

This book is a massive wake up call to recognising what you have in your life and not being drawn into a fantasy living. It compliments the Buddhist world but it also shows how easy you can loss yourself in something.

I was surprised in the middle as there's a very graphic raunchy part and a sudden change I didn't see. In the space of then pages I was welling up with tears and sadness for a character before being brought to roaring laughter by another. What a skill the writer has.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who's into REAL LIFE issues, has interests in Buddhism (although it's not a book about Buddhism) and a soft spot for Glasgow.

Tantric Thelema
Tantric Thelema
by Sam Webster

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tantric Thelema (Paperback)
This book is an absolute gem. I have been working through the exercises for quite sometime and the author encourages you to find your own way of connecting. There's a real encouragement to do what works for you but he gives great examples and suggestions if you want to follow his. What was beautiful about the book too was the fact it was dedicated to his wife in heaven and he wrote it to her, so it's a bit like a love story guiding you through the practice of Mahayoga and magick. This is a credit to my book shelf and I've been using the techniques often.

Crystal Skulls: Emissaries of Healing and Sacred Wisdom
Crystal Skulls: Emissaries of Healing and Sacred Wisdom
by Marion Webb-De Sisto

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Guidebook!, 20 Aug. 2012
I purchased this book after collecting a handful of crystal skulls. I knew that they were special but Marion's work really helped me connect to how special they are. This book is more of a guide with Marion and her friends' personal recollections and experiences with the skulls. It is dedicated to modern day skulls (contemporary) rather than 'ancient' ones but she covers the brief history which is fascinating in it's own right.

At first I was unsure whether to buy the book because I thought £19. was a bit much for a paperback but I must admit I've re-read this book and referenced it many times, a great investment. It's definitely not leaving my hands.

Highly recommend for complete beginners to the crystal skull world a fabulous, easily read book.

Thank you Marion!

Kyle Gray (The Angel Whisperer) x

Angelology
Angelology
by Danielle Trussoni

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, slow in the middle., 9 July 2012
This review is from: Angelology (Paperback)
Beautiful, Haunting book that captures you from the word go. I felt that Trussoni really built the characters well however, felt the middle was slow and dragged on. I found myself skipping pages to when it picked back up. Once I got to the ending it all made sense but would definitely say it could have been shorter. I'm really intrigued to read the sequel but even more excited to see the movie as her descriptive writing style really helps you create a vision of these haunting beings and angels. I must say I never seen the finale coming and found myself going 'NO WAY!!!'

Read if you're a fan of Dan Brown, interested in secret societies, Angels or Catholic church secrets.

Highly recommended!

Writing Successful Self-help and How-to Books (Wiley Books for Writers)
Writing Successful Self-help and How-to Books (Wiley Books for Writers)
by Jean Marie Stine

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Useful book!, 4 May 2012
This book is absolutely amazing, really brings the writer that's locked inside out. With her down to earth ideas and practical information Jean Marie Stine had me writing the introduction and layout of my book the first day I got this book. If you want to start getting into the self-help/how-to book writing field then this is the book for you!!!

I recommend it to everyone! It's definitely my writing buddy!

Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Discovering Self-Love and Miracles
Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Discovering Self-Love and Miracles
by Gabrielle Bernstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking, 2 May 2012
In Spirit Junkie, Gabrielle Bernstein brings a fresh and modern approach to 'A Course in Miracles' to the table. Putting herself in a completely vulnerable place she reveals some of her deepest and darkest challenges in life from drug/alcohol abuse to relationships that just aren't going anywhere.

I found this book particularly fascinating and made 'A Course in Miracles' accessible for anyone.

For anyone who doesn't know 'A Course in Miracles' is a mystical text on creating happiness in all areas of your life. It's a huge book like a bible and can be really intense.

This book helps you understand the outline of the course, giving you the opportunity to apply it to your life straight away.

Fabulous book, I couldn't put it down! I have since met Gabrielle and she's the real deal! x

You Can Heal Your Life
You Can Heal Your Life
by Louise L. Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: You Can Heal Your Life (Paperback)
Louise L. Hay is a pioneer in the subject of self-help. She insists that the book contains only ideas and suggestions in order for you to change and heal your life. Her voice speaks through this book to YOU and if you follow the guidance she delivers, your life begins changing in front of your eyes.

There's nothing better knowing your life can be turned around and miraculous, Louise demonstrates through her life story how it can be achieved. This book is honest, to the point and makes you 'get your act together'. I highly recommend this book whether you're just wanting to improve your lifestyle, your positive mind or even overcome a health condition or dis-ease.

Notice I wrote 'dis-ease' this was something Louise suggests, breaking down the word to take any power away from it.

This book will help YOU change YOUR life!

Kyle Gray x

It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works
It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works
by Dr David R. Hamilton PhD

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 1 April 2011
One of my top 5 self-help books. David captures you straight away with this down to earth approach on science and mind over matter. You feel like he is actually speaking to you, even though he may cover some 'deep' subjects it is easy to understand and process. I have read it a number of times and have referred more than 10 occasions.

I have particularly found this book to even impress people who are not on a 'spiritual' path, as it's non-religious and can be understood by anyone from anywhere.

Definitely would recommend this to your reads and see your life change before you. You think and feel completely different from only a few chapters in and it's you who's doing it!

For me David Hamilton is the Positivity Guru of Great Britain.

Kyle Gray