Profile for Mike > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
The Dark Crystal [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
The Dark Crystal [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jim Henson

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost some of its charm but still strange and wonderful., 10 Aug. 2012
I saw this at the cinema when I was a kid and still have a soft spot for it as a result. Some aspects are less than perfect when I watch it now but it is still one of the best imagined worlds, enriched by a variety of strange creatures, that I've come across. The plot is original and it is a film that Henson would still feel proud of today if he were with us still. If you have young kids and have never seen this I would certainly recommend giving this a try at less than £7.

The Complete Toy Story Collection: Toy Story / Toy Story 2 / Toy Story 3 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by JMBMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars love these films!, 10 Aug. 2012
Three of the best animated films ever made all in one box and on Blu-ray for an unbelievable price. Buy it now!

The Wolfman (2010) - Extended Cut [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Wolfman (2010) - Extended Cut [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Benicio Del Toro

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, yet little known film., 10 Aug. 2012
The best werewolf film I have seen for a long time with a great cast(Benicio Del Toro - Che, Anthony Hopkins and Hugo Weaving). A well paced plot(some may think its a bit slow) with an exciting and well staged finale. If you don't like werewolf films this may not do anything to change that but for the rest of us its a must see.

Rocky Balboa [Blu-ray]
Rocky Balboa [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone
Offered by mikes_store

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good., 10 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Rocky Balboa [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
When I first saw this I was not blown away by it however it has, on further viewings, won me over. I now think this is one of the strongest in the Rocky series, maybe second only to the first film. If you like Rocky then you will(eventually) like this film.

9 (Nine) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
9 (Nine) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd., 10 Aug. 2012
A Beautifully made but rather odd film. If you want something a bit different and like animated fantasy horror/adventure then why not give this a watch. I don't regret buying it and will watch it again sometime when I'm bored and in the right mood.

Panasonic Latest DMPBDT210 Full HD 3D Blu Ray / DVD Player MULTI REGION (DVD side only) sold by BEST AV CENTRE

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok., 9 Aug. 2012
When its good its really good, but some films(later Harry Potter films in particular) are output far too darkly, so dark you can't see what is happening in dim scenes. There are options within the machine's settings to rectify this but they are far from comprehensive and limited to far too few user presets(just the one). Better settings would get this player a five star rating but the menus and options we do get would seem poor five years ago and are unacceptable today.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)
Offered by musicMagpie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 9 Aug. 2012
The game I've enjoyed most on the Vita so far. I've played through both of the XBox versions of this and it is in some ways inferior to the "Black" edition. The Vita's controls can fight you at times and the touch screen additions are far from welcome. The Vita's loading issues are prominent again, pausing mid fight to load... very poor. Luckily this does not happen too often. Well worth buying if you like a challenge and even if you don't as the Vita is starved of good games to play at the moment...

Sony PlayStation Vita Memory Card 8GB Model (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PlayStation Vita Memory Card 8GB Model (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by respoky

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small..., 9 Aug. 2012
This is full already, far too small for far too much money but what else can you do. 3rd party products have let me down in the past so I'm paying through the nose for peace of mind. I still think Sony should get a grip and halve the price, maybe I'd spend more in their online store if they did this...

Everybody's Golf (PS Vita)
Everybody's Golf (PS Vita)
Offered by Real Satisfaction

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remember., 9 Aug. 2012
Maybe I've got too old but this is hard. Much harder than I remember the first one being, but that was half a lifetime ago... I still can't help but enjoy a copy of this game called "Ace Golf" on the Gamecube more than I will ever enjoy this... Not bad and you may find you get a lot more from it than I have.

Wipeout 2048 (PS Vita)
Wipeout 2048 (PS Vita)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as past Wipeout games., 9 Aug. 2012
The expansion pack for this game makes the purchase well worth it as it includes "Wipeout HD" and "Fury" for less than £10. Both of these and in particular HD are better than 2048. 2048 is not a total failure and still provides a solid and lengthy challenge but is far too combat focused with consistently uninspired track design to accomodate this. I also miss Wipout 2097's option of turning off the weapons and being able to enjoy a pure racing experience. The online campaign is for me a failure, the combat events and silly pass criteria ruin what could have been quite good...
PS: The loading times are awful, but this is common with most of my Vita titles and is an issue with the Vita's design rather than the game itself.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17