Profile for OG > Reviews

Pie in the Sky: Successful Baking at High Altitudes
Pie in the Sky: Successful Baking at High Altitudes
by Susan Gold Purdy

2.0 out of 5 stars The science is fine but ..., 1 July 2014
I bought this book because I have moved to Nairobi which is 5,450ft above sea level. I consider myself to be a competent baker from the UK but baking for me in Nairobi is like I've never mastered the art in any shape or form. I bought this book as a result of the reviews and although the science of more or less fat/eggs/sugar/temperature etc is very useful I am disappointed in the recipes and how American centric it is. All the recipes have been tried and tested in various altitudes in the USA but I find it difficult / impossible to create many of the dishes using ingredients from my local supermarket.

I appreciate that is my problem and not the authors but if other reviews had mad it clear that this book was written for the American market then I would have understood that it was probably not relevant to me.

I'll keep looking as I love baking and hope that I can find something with more globally understood text.

Premium Quality Genuine Leather Hand Made by Dulwich Designs Mink and Cream Leather Jewellery Roll with Pad Lock " Cannes Collection " 70064
Offered by Gifts in Time Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very smart jewellery roll, 30 Mar 2014
This product would make a great gift as it comes packaged in a box and tissue paper. The quality of finish is really good and it does what it is there for. If you are a big jewellery collector then it may not be flexible enough to close unlike fabric rolls but I think this is a smart case and I'm pleased with my purchase.

RED POLKA DOT - Little Book of Earrings - A Book for Keeping Your Earrings Safe!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to., 30 Mar 2014
This is simply a case for earrings and it does what it is supposed to. It is slightly chunky if you need it for travelling but I am happy that my earrings are secure.

Rose Jewellery Roll Grey Pink Fabric
Rose Jewellery Roll Grey Pink Fabric
Offered by Seek Unique

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty,simple jewellery storage, 30 Mar 2014
This jewellery roll is quite well made and does the job. Some of my necklaces are too long so I have to be careful of them appearing from the side but I know that they are secure. Good for travelling and value for money.

The Barrytown Trilogy
The Barrytown Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant fun!!, 26 Aug 2013
I bought this to read before I started The Guts. I hadn't read it before but had seen the film many years ago. I am still reading the book and am really enjoying it. Bring on the West End play.

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 Mar 2013
I really did like like this book. I bought it on the back of other reviews and I wasn't disappointed.

Sophie Allport Fine Bone China Boxed Mug (275ml) - Sit! - Labrador
Sophie Allport Fine Bone China Boxed Mug (275ml) - Sit! - Labrador
Offered by Sophie Allport Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely mug, 2 Mar 2013
This is a really sweet mug. Quality design with a lovely feel. Only downside is it is a bit smaller than I thought but perfect for a small coffee.

John Rutter - The Colours of Christmas
John Rutter - The Colours of Christmas

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 27 Dec 2012
Got sucked in by the other reviews. This to me is quite heavy but I'm sure on a mixed Christmas shuffle it will be more to my taste.

Anna Richardson's Body Blitz: Five Rules for a Brand New You
Anna Richardson's Body Blitz: Five Rules for a Brand New You
by Anna Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars The help I've needed, 20 July 2010
I think this book is great!! Anna Richardson has written this with reality in mind. There are enough ideas for all occasions that make this feel like a practicle eating plan rather than a diet. I have never been good at breakfast (a hangover from shift work syndrome) and I have never been a fan of muesli - but now I always have a tub of Anna's reciepe so there is no excuse and I actually like it.

I am cautious of reviews as they are really one persons opinion and that is all they are. For me though if you like Anna Richardson's personality then you will get this book - I've lost a dress size and I'm happy that I can continue and be able to control my size without feeling deprived or any drama.