Profile for Soundman54 > Reviews

Content by Soundman54

Soundman54

Robe [Blu-ray] [1953] [US Import]
Robe [Blu-ray] [1953] [US Import]

1.0 out of 5 stars Strangely enough I have a region free Panasonic DVD player ..., 18 Feb. 2015
Strangely enough I have a region free Panasonic DVD player but this disc still won't play on the machine, saying it is region A locked. Strange or what?

Stargate: Ultimate Edition (Blu Ray) [Blu-ray]
Stargate: Ultimate Edition (Blu Ray) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell

2.0 out of 5 stars I love the film but like a previous reviewer it's definitely ..., 10 Dec. 2014
I love the film but like a previous reviewer it's definitely an inferior Blu-ray release. You can see immediately that the resolution is not what It should be - I won't be getting rid of my old normal DVD release of this film just yet!

Millennium [DVD]
Millennium [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kris Kristofferson
Offered by Leisurezone

3.0 out of 5 stars The one fatal flaw in this DVD of the film ..., 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Millennium [DVD] (DVD)
The one fatal flaw in this DVD of the film is the missing scene, where one of the pilots goes to the passengers on the point of disaster and they are all dead (and not the original passengers) - on the surviving tape of what is said by the crew, and the co-pilot saying they are dead, it does not make sense unless that scene is shown. I don't know why this was deleted - a rather shoddy deletion. Sorry about spoiling the plot there!

FiiO X3 Portable MP3 Player
FiiO X3 Portable MP3 Player

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought this - the sound quality is second ..., 11 July 2014
I bought this player as I don't see any sense in purchasing a device without the choice of adding more tracks via a card slot - 32 or 64gb is not that much memory these days. Well what can I say about this device - marvellous! So glad I bought this - the sound quality is second to none for a portable device and okay, it may seem a little old fashioned in it's style but if it works as well as this player does, does it matter? I use it with a pair of Sennheiser noise cancelling headphones and I am now in audio heaven!

Tenology
Tenology

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Collected' has a far better quality on the sound, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Tenology (Audio CD)
I bought this having already purchased a CD called 'Collected'. To be honest there is no doubt about it, 'Collected' has a far better quality on the sound, and this set of CDs, though much more comprehensive, has a terrible lack of detail, a lot of resolution just not here on these CDs. Not sure that everyone seems to really go for the sound quality as I see so many reviews that are ecstatic when the CDs they talk about are pretty dire considering what can be achieved these days. I would say give this one a miss, save your money and buy 'Collected' - a far better deal on your ears.

Glass Family - Electric Band (Digipak)
Glass Family - Electric Band (Digipak)
Offered by partmeter

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 15 Jan. 2014
An incredible album from this group. Am amazed I had never heard of them until I had a compilation album with their track 'House of Glass' included. If any of you can still get a copy of this CD please do - you will not be disappointed if you like inventive and original psychedelic-tinged pop rock music.

House of Cards - Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
House of Cards - Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amercan Recipe Upgrade, 15 Jan. 2014
Always no great surprise when the Americans take a series, originally made in another country, and then heap praise on it to the point where it has become, to their eyes, a better concoction than the original. Was it ever different?