Profile for Mick > Reviews

Mick

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wunderlist: To-Do List & Tasks
Wunderlist: To-Do List & Tasks

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything a good To Do list should do & automatically syncs to ..., 10 Mar. 2015
Does everything a good To Do list should do & automatically syncs to the ipad & kindle as well! Can't live without it!

JDC Motorcycle Waterproof Cover - RAIN - XL
JDC Motorcycle Waterproof Cover - RAIN - XL

4.0 out of 5 stars Not big enough for a BMW RT1200, 10 Mar. 2015
I have a BMW RT1200 with top box. The cover just about fits, but there is no way it will reach the ground - it gets about 3/4 at the front & about 1/2 way at the back. I bought it as a dust cover for use in the garage so it serves its purpose, but as a waterproof cover outside, probably not as there is too much of the bike exposed.

Synology DS214se DiskStation 2 Bay Desktop NAS
Synology DS214se DiskStation 2 Bay Desktop NAS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 10 Mar. 2015
The hard disk(s) were simplicity itself to fit & seem very quiet in use. The user interface is okay, but I find I frequently have to run the Assistant to find the device & even then sometimes it simply fails. This might be the PC as the other computer does not suffer the same. Backups work well - I think! Downloading from the device to a PC seems varied - single files are fine, but when selecting multiple files, it zips them & the zip almost always has an error. It would be a major headache to recover a large amount of files! Powering down can be done remotely, but there is no power up function, nor it seems timed power up/backup/power down, or at least it is not obvious. There is an awful lot of functionality bundled with it, of which about 10% seems useful. It's a shame there is no 'quick setup' option, after all I am sure most people just want a convenient reliable backup for their data, photos & movies & aren't really interested in the more complex stuff.

Ortlieb Unisex Bicycle Rack-Pack 34 x 61 x 32 cm yellow Size:34x61x32
Ortlieb Unisex Bicycle Rack-Pack 34 x 61 x 32 cm yellow Size:34x61x32
Offered by NorthShore Watersports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, very sturdy, 10 Oct. 2014
Used it as a holiday bag & also on a motorbike & what I really love about it is that it is totally waterproof so no more packing clothes into bin bags in case it rains.

The material looks pretty bomb proof but time will tell! I have an Ortleib rucsac liner which I have had for years & is made of the same material so I am hopeful it will last.

One minor criticism is that the top roll needs to be rolled down quite a bit to effect the seal so I doubt the claimed size in litres is actually true but it easily holds a generous amount of gear for a long weekend away. The extra clips & straps allow some compression & there is a handy shoulder strap.

Being yellow of course helps on the motorbike with 'bein seen'

Great Bikers Gear Top Box Inner Liner Bag
Great Bikers Gear Top Box Inner Liner Bag
Offered by super-accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Job, 10 Oct. 2014
Perfect fit for the 2014 RT1200 & allows me to keep everything in one place rather than having to take several bags. It is big, but then so is the top box! Nicely matches the liner bags I purchased for the panniers too.

It is not waterproof but the top box seems to be so no worries there.

Music Score Musicians Wall Clock Gift #1 (Can be personalised)
Music Score Musicians Wall Clock Gift #1 (Can be personalised)
Offered by Serviton

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clock, easy to read from a distance with ..., 10 Oct. 2014
Nice clock, easy to read from a distance with the contrasting hands/back face, plus being able to customise it makes it fun as well! Seems to be pretty accurate showing the exact time a month or more since I purchased it.

The clock itself is made of plastic & probably wouldn't survive a fall but then, most clocks are like that!

Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Watch Cb0030-56E, Radio Controlled
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Watch Cb0030-56E, Radio Controlled

5.0 out of 5 stars A watch for people who want to tell the time., 12 Aug. 2014
It tells the time & it looks great! I looked at a lot of watches with lots of features, timers & whatnots but eventually decided that what I really wanted was a watch that told the time accurately & was readable without my glasses on (which I need for reading), what I didn't want was a stopwatch, countdown, alarms, world time (although this one does that) etc.

I did have to get the strap adjusted as it was too big for my wrist & decided to let a jeweller do it as it looked rather fiddly - I am glad I did as the jeweller struggled with it!

The watch is a mans watch as the face is quite big so perhaps no suitable for the smaller wrist.

The other hidden bonus for me is that, because there is no battery to replace, it can be used for scuba diving without fear of the seal ever getting damaged after a battery change - after I got a new battery in my other watch, the jeweller told me it was no longer guaranteed for diving!

Oh yes, the second hand really is a second hand, not like on some of my watches where it is part of the stopwatch function which I have never understood. It also doubles as a 'charge indicator' if the button is pressed.

Panasonic KX-TG6821EB Single DECT Cordless Telephone with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG6821EB Single DECT Cordless Telephone with Answer Machine
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug. 2014
Good & loud, easy to operate, verbal instructions, perfect!

Polaroid Pocket Filter Wallet/Pouch For 4 Filters Up To 86mm (Black)
Polaroid Pocket Filter Wallet/Pouch For 4 Filters Up To 86mm (Black)
Offered by Smart Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 Sept. 2013
It is an ideal pouch to carry my filters & means I can leave my big camera bag at home. My filters are 72mm which it takes with ease & enclosed them completely so that they don't get scratched.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

Cancer: A Nutritional Guide with 40 Delicious Recipes (Eat to Beat)
Cancer: A Nutritional Guide with 40 Delicious Recipes (Eat to Beat)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just an excuse to sell a vegan cookbook, 29 Sept. 2013
It is a vegan cookbook dressed up to jump on the cancer beating diets in my view. Not worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3