Profile for Laughing Barrel > Reviews

Content by Laughing Barrel

Laughing Barrel "sandybelfitt38" (Isle of Wight, England)

Size 14 Female Dressmaking Mannequin Tailors Bust Dressmakers Display Dummy on a stylish Wooden Tripod Base
Offered by The Shopfitting Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 17 Dec. 2014
Excellent value for the price, Mandy Mannekin now proudly exhibits my hand knitted 1940s retro wear at my local vintage fair. She is lightweight and easily dismantled and is small enough to fit perfectly into my Mini Clubman. Quick delivery too. I would highly recommend this product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Tom & Thomas [DVD]
Tom & Thomas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth £21 even for Sean Bean, 27 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Tom & Thomas [DVD] (DVD)
I had heard of this film but as it wasn't released in the UK I hadn't seen it, until I was on an Uzbek Airways night flight to Tashkent and they showed this film. As a Sean Bean fan I settled comfortably as I could in my seat with my complimentary G&T. I have to say that the film is rubbish, the plot tosh but Sean is brilliant as the sad lonely hunk whose wife has died. Why doesn't he play more of these characters? Anyway, I'm glad I've seen it because I wouldn't bother buying it, even if Sean is at his most gorgeous (although not as gorgeous as he was running through a field totally naked in Lady Chatteryl!).

The Dark [DVD] [2005]
The Dark [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Only worth watching for Sean Bean, 24 Sept. 2006
This review is from: The Dark [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
My daughter and I watched this because we're both Sean fans. But we came out of the cinema feeling that we could have written a better script. More characterisation and a bit of family history (like the couple obviously still loved each other but why did they split?) would have made the ending more dramatic. We were not sad at the ending, but felt that we should have been. We could only say that it was good riddance! Scary in places (it made us jump). But this film didn't do justice to Sean's ability to play lovely, sexy, brooding men.

The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet Cookbook: The fast, no-hunger weightloss cookbook for vegetarians
by Rose Elliot

4.0 out of 5 stars You have to like tofu!, 5 July 2006
I followed the original Atkins diet and forced myself to eat a limited amount of meat. I still lost 2 stone in 3 months but pined for vegetables and vegetarian food. So it was a revelation to find Ms Elliot's low carb vegetarian cookbook. The recipes are easy to follow and the ingredients can be found in either the local supermarket or health food shop. They are also inexpensive, unlike all that meat! I must admit that there are quite a few tofu recipes and also there is a reliance on cheese and eggs, which may be difficult for vegans. Tonight I am trying mockaroni, a tofu based version of macaroni. But it if lets me continue to achieve weight loss without the meat I'm willing to learn to love tofu!

Europe: A History
Europe: A History
by Norman Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars History in a nutshell, 25 Sept. 1999
This review is from: Europe: A History (Paperback)
My friend bought this book to impress her boyfriend, she figured the thickness of the book, and the rather dry title would look good on her book shelf. But she never got through the first page, which was a pity. I found it interesting and informative, although at times I did nod off through the boring bits. However, it took me about 4 months to read and I'm glad I stuck with it. I certainly learnt alot about Europe, and can now understand why conflicts such as Kosovo and Yugoslavia happen.