Profile for John R. Wade > Reviews

Content by John R. Wade

John R. Wade "john24526"
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version
Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version
Offered by Kikatek

1.0 out of 5 stars What am I going to do when my Windows 7 machine dies?, 21 July 2014
This is awful. I've returned two Windows 8 machines as basically unfit for purpose and after some effort tracked down W7 machines to replace them. This is a disgrace, if I was a microsift shareholer I'd be livid.

Philips Ecomoods Seabreeze Outdoor Wall Light Anthracite (Includes 1 x 11 Watts 2G7 Bulb)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Bigger than you'd guess - check the dimensions - but attractive & seems well made.

Samsung S27C350HS 27 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor
Samsung S27C350HS 27 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor
Offered by DB Technology srl

3.0 out of 5 stars More buttons please, 15 July 2014
The interface is all through one 'jog button' which is a bit hit & miss. And I've given up turning it off, that being a proper palarver. And no digital in. It's okay.

Acer Veriton N4620G Small Form Factor PC (Intel Core i3 2377M 1.5GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Integrated Graphics, Windows 7 Professional

4.0 out of 5 stars Not fast, but not expensive., 15 July 2014
The lack of optical drive can be a bind unless you can borrow an external device, and it only has 4 rear and 2 front USB ports, plus no rear audio or analogue monitor support. Bit it's rinky dinky small and the wireless is very good.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

1.0 out of 5 stars Back to the shop., 15 July 2014
Thank goodness for John Lewis return policy. This went back the same day.

Ugly, flaky, slow. You don't want this. I have my W7 media under lock & key.

Orc Wars [DVD]
Orc Wars [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rusty Joiner

4.0 out of 5 stars And this is my boom stick!, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Orc Wars [DVD] (DVD)
Everything you expected and less, I thought they stopped making films of this quality with Red Sonja and Beastmaster2, but no. In a more heroic age, this would have gone straight to video but with the advent of movies on demand I watched it on cable, saving myself a trip to Blockbuster - good thing really, as it's now a Starbucks, but I digress.

Some orcs pop out of a hole in the ground chasing an elven princess, and some guy who lives in a cabin in the middle of nowhere shoots them. That's the plot. A special effects budget which wouldn't stretch to a set of tyres, never more than ten orcs on screen at once as that's all there are and, well, watch it and see.

Have some beer first though.

Steinel 653217 Außenleuchte L 706 S black/black
Steinel 653217 Außenleuchte L 706 S black/black
Offered by hofstein-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive light, easy to install, all round sensor, 30 Jun 2014
It was the all round sensor which sold this to me as I wanted to mount it on a corner - for which you need another bracket which isn't cheap. It has a few weak points:

Edison screw bulb instead of bayonet, which is inferior in utility and safety.
Made in Romania, not Germany
Can be a bit tricky figuring out how to pop out the sensor cartridge - read the instructions, it's not intuitive.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2014 2:07 PM BST

Wyre Direct 2 Adjustable Gate Hinges Eye Bolts 16mm X 150mm Long 6" Pair M16 Galvanised
Offered by Wyre Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Hefty, 25 Jun 2014
As I wanted to drill the eye out to 20mm these were ideal as there's enough material to go at without making them unuseable.

Finish Power and Pure Quantum (Pack of 1, Total 40 Tablets)
Finish Power and Pure Quantum (Pack of 1, Total 40 Tablets)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but..., 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a good dishwasher, and normally use Finish Quantum wrapped tablets in it, and it always gets everything clean. So I decided to try these, and they get everything clean. So what's the difference?

I had thought that doing away with the wrapper would be a good thing, but as I often have wet hands when loading the dishwasher, and these tablets have a soluble covering, they get a bit sticky, and all stick together in the pack. On this matter, I'd sooner have them wrapped.

Finish say these contain fewer harsh chemicals, and I guess I'll take their word for it, but I expect that formulation will carry over to the wrapped tablets too.

So, overall, the advantage of a tablet ( no messing round with softener or salt or rinse aid) but maybe not so suited to my lifestyle. The great wrapped or not debate continues.

Sony MDR-V55 DJ Stereo Headphones - Red
Sony MDR-V55 DJ Stereo Headphones - Red
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good as previous version, 5 Jun 2014
Bought to replace MDR-V50s and these are visibly poorer quality - the mouldings are not so well made and they feel flimsy. Good enough, just.
Pull your socks up Sony. Samsung want your lunch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20