Profile for John R. Wade > Reviews

Content by John R. Wade

John R. Wade "john24526"
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Steinel 630416 Montagezubehör EWH 03/corner wall mount EWH 03 white/white
Steinel 630416 Montagezubehör EWH 03/corner wall mount EWH 03 white/white

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 19 Oct 2014
This is just a couple of pieces of stamped metal stuch together and powder coated. I expected better, maybe a die casting. This is just rubbish

Steinel L400 Outdoor Sensor Light - Black
Steinel L400 Outdoor Sensor Light - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 Oct 2014
I've used Steinel lamps in the past, most often the 746 and 706, so expected this to be of like quality. it's not. It's flimsy, made of light plastic, and I am unconvinced of it's watertightness. I shan't buy any more.

Rotring RO800+ 0.5mm HB Mechanical Pencil with Stylus - Black
Rotring RO800+ 0.5mm HB Mechanical Pencil with Stylus - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, perhaps over-featured., 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm going to start by admitting a certain affection for Rotring pencils - this is my sixth, and the retractable point is a welcome improvement.

What's to like? Well, they are tough, weighty, have excellent lead feed mechanisms, and the retractable point means it can go in my bad without spiking stuff, and it's less likely to get a bent ferrule when I drop it.

The stylus isn't much good. It's never in my hand when I play with my tablet, and unless I make a special effort to get it, I don't use it. I guess if I worked in a fancy design office and wanted to impress clients it would be super.

Oh, and the eraser is too small and hard to get refills for. For a pencil with near unlimited life expectancy, this is a big let down. An integrated large capacity propelling eraser with easily available refills would be great.

Netgear N150 Wireless USB Micro Adaptor
Netgear N150 Wireless USB Micro Adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars In this case, branded goods are worth the extra cost., 28 Sep 2014
This has a lot better range than the no brand item I bought previously. An uncertain connection has become reliable, and I am very happy.

Taketsuru 17 Year Old 70 cl
Taketsuru 17 Year Old 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 15 Sep 2014
If possible, I think my wife likes this even more.

LED Lenser LED8252
LED Lenser LED8252
Offered by parkroyaltimbersltd

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better products., 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
There's no lens or focus control, and it uses a twist switch which is hard to operate one handed due to the torch being small.

Dormer A101 Hss Left Hand Spiral Jobber Drill 3.00mm
Dormer A101 Hss Left Hand Spiral Jobber Drill 3.00mm
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential part of any repairmans' toolkit., 1 Sep 2014
Bought for disassembling failed electrical devices if the screw head becomes unserviceable. Good quality bit, bites in and either unscrews them or takes the head off so I can twist the rest out with pliars.

Smarts-Art No Parking Private in front of these gates Sign Rigid 5Mm 300Mmx400Mm
Offered by Smart-De-Signs

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for what they are., 1 Sep 2014
Exactly as described. I had to pre-drill them but from experience they last well without fading. A tougher metal version would be of interest due to my constant war with vandals.

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream 150 ml
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream 150 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good formulation, not my favourite scent., 1 Sep 2014
Excellent shaving cream, but why discontinue Opus, and why no quercus shaving cream, both are nicer fragrances?

S1449 SMALL DANGER DEEP WATER WARNING SAFTEY METAL WALL SIGN
S1449 SMALL DANGER DEEP WATER WARNING SAFTEY METAL WALL SIGN
Offered by signs2all ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great., 1 Sep 2014
The sign seems to have been printed on the protective coating put on commercial aluminium plate. I don't know how long this will last.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20