Profile for John R. Wade > Reviews

Content by John R. Wade

John R. Wade "john24526"
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PestBye Advanced Whole House Rat and Mouse Repeller
PestBye Advanced Whole House Rat and Mouse Repeller
Offered by Primrose

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know if this works or not., 21 Oct 2014
I don't know if this works or not as I haven't seen any trace of mice. And it seems to upset the RCD it's plugged into, occaisionally tripping it.

Push And Shove
Push And Shove
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great., 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
At times, this album almost catches the full fat bombast of Rock Steady, but it doesn't quite. Unlike Rock Steady, I won't be listening to this in ten years.

Rapesco 2200 Punch Heavy-duty 2-Hole Capacity 150x 80gsm Black Ref PF220AP1
Rapesco 2200 Punch Heavy-duty 2-Hole Capacity 150x 80gsm Black Ref PF220AP1

4.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy duty hole punch., 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a big punch - I rarely have to go through more than 30 sheets and this is overkill. (Yes, it does 30 sheets very easily)

It has replaceable wear parts, so isn't a wear out and throw away machine, and genuinely feels very sturdy indeed.

Steinel 630416 Montagezubehör EWH 03/corner wall mount EWH 03 white/white
Steinel 630416 Montagezubehör EWH 03/corner wall mount EWH 03 white/white

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 19 Oct 2014
This is just a couple of pieces of stamped metal stuch together and powder coated. I expected better, maybe a die casting. This is just rubbish

Steinel L400 Outdoor Sensor Light - Black
Steinel L400 Outdoor Sensor Light - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 Oct 2014
I've used Steinel lamps in the past, most often the 746 and 706, so expected this to be of like quality. it's not. It's flimsy, made of light plastic, and I am unconvinced of it's watertightness. I shan't buy any more.

Rotring RO800+ 0.5mm HB Mechanical Pencil with Stylus - Black
Rotring RO800+ 0.5mm HB Mechanical Pencil with Stylus - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, perhaps over-featured., 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm going to start by admitting a certain affection for Rotring pencils - this is my sixth, and the retractable point is a welcome improvement.

What's to like? Well, they are tough, weighty, have excellent lead feed mechanisms, and the retractable point means it can go in my bad without spiking stuff, and it's less likely to get a bent ferrule when I drop it.

The stylus isn't much good. It's never in my hand when I play with my tablet, and unless I make a special effort to get it, I don't use it. I guess if I worked in a fancy design office and wanted to impress clients it would be super.

Oh, and the eraser is too small and hard to get refills for. For a pencil with near unlimited life expectancy, this is a big let down. An integrated large capacity propelling eraser with easily available refills would be great.

Netgear N150 Wireless USB Micro Adaptor
Netgear N150 Wireless USB Micro Adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars In this case, branded goods are worth the extra cost., 28 Sep 2014
This has a lot better range than the no brand item I bought previously. An uncertain connection has become reliable, and I am very happy.

Taketsuru 17 Year Old 70 cl
Taketsuru 17 Year Old 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 15 Sep 2014
If possible, I think my wife likes this even more.

LED Lenser LED8252
LED Lenser LED8252

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better products., 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
There's no lens or focus control, and it uses a twist switch which is hard to operate one handed due to the torch being small.

Dormer A101 Hss Left Hand Spiral Jobber Drill 3.00mm
Dormer A101 Hss Left Hand Spiral Jobber Drill 3.00mm
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential part of any repairmans' toolkit., 1 Sep 2014
Bought for disassembling failed electrical devices if the screw head becomes unserviceable. Good quality bit, bites in and either unscrews them or takes the head off so I can twist the rest out with pliars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20