ARRAY(0xa8094f84)

Profile for John R. Wade > Reviews

Content by John R. Wade

John R. Wade "john24526"
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
small / mini sized metric ALLEN KEY set (7 piece) 0.89mm 1.27mm 1.5mm 2.0mm 2.5mm 3.0mm 4.0mm, hex wrench set (Japanese). engineer twh-01
Offered by Precise Hand Tools Ltd. (UK)
Price: 7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 24 Mar 2014
These are made in Japan and very good quality. Which I didn't expect. The only place I have found the very small sizes.

Babolat Orange Kid Junior Tennis Ball - 3 ball can
Babolat Orange Kid Junior Tennis Ball - 3 ball can
Offered by Sport Shop NI
Price: 8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft tennis balls, 24 Mar 2014
I bought these because they are brightly coloured and not too bouncy for my little boy. He likes them a lot.

Netgear 200Mbps Mini Powerline Twin Pack Ethernet Adapter
Netgear 200Mbps Mini Powerline Twin Pack Ethernet Adapter
Price: 22.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Works straight out of the box, 24 Mar 2014
Good, reliable connection. No problems at all. Might be worth getting a pass - through design if you're short of sockets, but they are very expensive for some reason.

Badger Red Decal Truck Bumper Window Vinyl Red Sticker
Badger Red Decal Truck Bumper Window Vinyl Red Sticker
Offered by Indigos UG
Price: 2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever so badgery, 24 Mar 2014
Can be tricky to apply - put on a clean surface and don't rush as it can take a lot of rubbing to get to stick down. Once they're stuck, they seem to stay put well.

Oregon Scientific THGN132N Thermo/Hydro Sensor
Oregon Scientific THGN132N Thermo/Hydro Sensor
Offered by Smart Living
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Change the batteries and reset your old one and weather station before buying a new one...., 24 Mar 2014
I thought my old sensor was dead, but it turns out it just needed new batteries & resetting. That said, they claim more sensors makes the weather station more accurate.

Veet Warm Wax Microwavable Jar - Essential Oils - 250 ml
Veet Warm Wax Microwavable Jar - Essential Oils - 250 ml
Price: 8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife wrote this..., 24 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Veet Oriental Wax

I've been using this wax for a few years and would definitely recommend it.

The wax can be heated in the microwave or on the hob. I've used both methods and both work fine. Give it a stir after heating to mix hot and cooler wax from the heating process. It takes less time to heat as the jar empties so be warned it will be too hot and runny if you heat half the jar for the full time. If you find it cools down whilst you're using it, stand it in a bowl of hot water. I haven't had any problems with the wax not working after reheating several times.

The spatula is shaped, apparently for applying to different areas. It works fine although I think the 'hot' indicator is a bit cautious. The wax gets much harder to spread evenly as it cools and an even thin layer is best so I probably use it hotter than it recommends to start with. Yes it does drip when it's hot if you have too much on the spatula.

I love the fact it washes off with water. No more sticky patches even after a shower (and drips and spills are easily cleared up). I don't mind the smell. It is a little strong but not unpleasant.

It works well for me. I use it mostly for underarms and bikini and it removes the hair with no trouble. It gets better the more you use it especially if you've been used to shaving. Regrowth is dependent on your hair and again I think it improves with use.

Overall highly recommended. In my opinion the only negative is the strips provided - I prefer to use cotton reusable ones which are softer.

Bosch 2609255462 Masonry Drill Bit Set (8 Pieces)
Bosch 2609255462 Masonry Drill Bit Set (8 Pieces)
Price: 7.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy DeWalt Extreme instead, 24 Feb 2014
I head to head tested these with DeWalt extreme 2 bits, and the Dewalt make them look decidedly sorry. Light use only.

Makita DK18000 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Kit with 2 x Batteries (2 Pieces)
Makita DK18000 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Kit with 2 x Batteries (2 Pieces)
Offered by UKToolMart
Price: 289.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty torquey, 2 Feb 2014
I drove 8mm x 100mm spax screws into seasoned oak with this bad boy. I needed two hands and a knee to hang onto it, but in they went.

Serious stuff.

Swarfega Swn1ltr Natural Hand Cleaner 1 Litre
Swarfega Swn1ltr Natural Hand Cleaner 1 Litre
Offered by AHC (Camberley) Ltd
Price: 9.16

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 2 Feb 2014
I received Swarfega power not natural. Natural is very good brush cleaner, which is why I wanted it. No doubt I'll use this up eventually.

Alpen Apricot and Almond 560 g (Pack of 6)
Alpen Apricot and Almond 560 g (Pack of 6)
Price: 13.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly artificial taste, 18 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I was a kid in the '70s Alpen was the epitome of sophistication. Times have changed. What really struck me was the slightly artificial taste, I assume coming from the milk products used in the formulation, apparently so you can make it with water. It might be time to rethink the recipe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18