Profile for SandyR > Reviews

Content by SandyR

SandyR (Southern California)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars basic blanket, 16 Feb 2010
These blankets are just what you'd expect for the price. They're lightweight and small, but soft and cozy. They would not be good for picnicking on anything but utterly dry ground, as they absorb moisture. The colours are nice and the fabric is sturdy.

8 Minute Core Workouts: Abs Arms Thighs Buns [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Artist Not Provided
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and effective, 16 Feb 2010
It's convenient to have all 5 workouts on one simple DVD, and the workouts are good for maintaining muscle. They're generally well-rounded and you can make them as challenging or easy as you like. I find myself wanting to switch between heavy and lighter weights between exercises in many of them, which is cumbersome even if you have several sets of weights. I also find the transition time at the start and finish of each workout is too long. I liked the old-school 8-minute workouts with the guy in the striped jumpsuit better, but I think I'll get used to this one and eventually like it just as well.

Braun Oral-B EB17-4 Dual Clean Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads 4 Pack
Braun Oral-B EB17-4 Dual Clean Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads 4 Pack
Offered by SMDIRECT UK

4.0 out of 5 stars good dual action brush head; the rest of it is the problem, 1 Nov 2009
I like the oscillating and rotating. My teeth always feel clean afterward with these heads. My main complaint is about the gadget itself--the batteries run low quickly and after only three months it doesn't even keep its charge through one brushing. I have to keep it on its base full time, which is inconvenient when I don't have a plug in the bathroom.

Gillette Venus Divine Razor Blades - Pack of 8
Gillette Venus Divine Razor Blades - Pack of 8

4.0 out of 5 stars Same as the old kind?, 1 Nov 2009
I can't say I notice much difference between these and the other Venus razor heads, but they're both great. I use Venus all the time and I never cut myself or have any issues. The moisture strips don't peel/ooze off like they do on some disposable razors. The moisture strips do dry out after a while, but it's about time to change the cartridge by then anyway. My only complaint about the whole contraption is that the razor handle has lots of little grooves that trap moisture and can get mildew build up.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stink remover, 1 Nov 2009
This has a fresh scent that immediately negates nasty odors in the common toilets in our dormitory toilets. The fresh scent doesn't last long, but the bad odors don't come back.

Vax U91-P3 Power 3 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U91-P3 Power 3 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars noisy but effective, 1 Nov 2009
This is your basic cheap vacuum cleaner. It sucks up the dirt really well, and sure beats the standard English canister vac "hoover." It is REALLY loud. The dust collection bin also fills up quickly. However, it is easy to use and gets the job done quickly, so the noise is short-lived, and it's easy to empty, so the filling isn't such a problem. It doesn't seem super sturdy, so I'm a bit worried about how it will hold up in our busy household of teenagers, but it's doing great for now. It definitely has the vacuum smell about it from the first couple uses, and the attachments tend to fall off their holders easily. Some deodorizing powder and masking tape helped a little.

Vicks V-188UK Warm Steam Vaporiser
Vicks V-188UK Warm Steam Vaporiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 1 Nov 2009
This does what it says exactly. I'm a super light sleeper, so I was a bit worried about the light and the noise. I don't even notice the light, and it's important to show where it is in case you get up in the middle of the night so you don't trip over it. The bubbling noise is there, but it doesn't bother me and it's actually kind of soothing. I live in an area with some noise, so it can even help be a constant, expected sound to negate any outside noise or the TV in the next room or whatever. It puts out lots of moisture without making the room too hot. It goes for about 8 hours on a full basin for me, but this depends on the humidity where you are.

Olay Daily Facials Clarify Renewing Scrub 150ml
Olay Daily Facials Clarify Renewing Scrub 150ml
Offered by Quins Cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger bits than other scrubs, 1 Nov 2009
It's moisturizing and smells good--I'm happy with this as a cleanser, but the 'scrub' aspect if it is a little strange. The particles are much bigger than other scrubs I've used. I prefer the scrubs with the salt-like/sugar-like textures rather than this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2012 12:16 AM BST

Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, 3.5 Litre, White
Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, 3.5 Litre, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 1 Nov 2009
This is a great Crock Pot for the price. I did manage to burn out the inside of the ceramic bowl by accidentally leaving it on with too little food left in it--the non-stick coating just burned up and it became porous, but this was my own fault. It would be nice if there were some kind of timer or auto-shut off on the higher temperatures to avoid this. I liked the thing so much I just bought another one, base and all. It isn't a fancy piece of cookery, but it's great for what it is. It's the perfect size for a main meal for 4-6 people, and you can store leftovers right in the bowl in the fridge.

Morphy Richards 75163 Single Washable Heated Underblanket
Morphy Richards 75163 Single Washable Heated Underblanket
Offered by Funky Moose

1.0 out of 5 stars Burned out after first use, 1 Oct 2009
When I first got this, I unwrapped it, unfolded it and plugged it in while it was still in a slightly wrinkled heap on my bed. It was rough, hard, and bumpy, and I was a bid afraid of what it was going to feel like when I tried to sleep on it. It got noticeably warm after about 15 minutes, but not really toasty enough to make up for the radiator being so far away from by bed. I came back another 30 minutes later and the thing was cold. I'm guessing the fact that it wasn't completely flat caused it to burn out. I tried replacing the fuse in the plug, but no luck. While the seller did offer to exchange it for the same product, I decided it wasn't worth my effort or postage to bother.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2010 8:41 AM GMT