Profile for Georgina > Reviews

TY UK 6-inch Bamboo Beanie Boo Plush
TY UK 6-inch Bamboo Beanie Boo Plush
Price: 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars TY Panda - Bamboo, 23 April 2013
I didn't get Bamboo off Amazon in the first place, but he is even cuter and more cuddly than in the picture.

I got him with Bongo the gorilla. They are both lovely!
His big, green eyes are so cute.

Moxie Girlz Sweet Style Doll - Avery
Moxie Girlz Sweet Style Doll - Avery
Offered by Hooray for Toys!
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Moxie Girlz Sweet Style Doll - Avery, 13 Mar 2013
Overall, this doll is fabulous. The only problem is that some of the strawberry/sweet smell went, but still smells.
"Avery" comes with a yellow hairbrush and a ring(s). Her hair is a lovely bubblegum pink.
Her shoes come off completely, so it's like taking off her "feet". I like her dress a lot, because it has a lovely pattern (not shown in the picture unless you zoom in.

The Continuum Concept (Arkana)
The Continuum Concept (Arkana)
by Jean Liedloff
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Gives you the confident to go with your gut!, 9 Feb 2012
Please read this book before setting your child onto a routine, such as the Contented Baby Book. This book lets parents relax and enjoy their babies while not having to worry about routines or timings. You can wear your baby in a sling and get on with life and they will be happy to learn from the world around them. They do not need to be sleep trained, just let them sleep next to you and you will have a happy baby and more sleep!

The New Contented Little Baby Book
The New Contented Little Baby Book
by Gina Ford

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't try this! Try the Continuum Concept by Jean Leidoff, 9 Feb 2012
Please don't try this routine for your baby!

We used the Contented Baby for our lovely girl 7 years ago and, though she seemed to get into the routine quite well, she spent every evening 'crying down' for at least 10 minutes before falling asleep - often longer. I would go in and stroke her head every 5 minutes and so on as the book instructed to 'let her know I was there,' and I thought this was all for the best for her. She was a happy baby and did sleep well.

However, I have just read The Continuum Concept by Jean Leidoff and cannot recommend enough this book to new parents - if nothing else, please read this book before deciding which course to take for your child. It explains how leaving a baby to cry for what seems like a short time for us is an eternity for a baby (as they have no concept of time) and that you should go with your gut instinct to pick them up when they cry and sleep with them close to you in bed. Don't worry about routines, go with the flow of when they need to be fed, wear your baby and get on with your day, be out and about when you need to and want to and you will see that your baby is happiest when you are getting on with life. They don't want a regimented routine that centers around them - they want to learn about the world around them with their caregiver!

Our eldest child, for whom we used the Contented Baby book, has always been clingy and is not confident to be away for my husband and myself. I worry now that if I had followed the Continuum Concept for her, she would have grown up confident and reassured that her needs were being met and not that she was having to meet our needs to fit into the routine we imposed upon her.

Please have a look at the Continuum Concept and make up your own mind - the book is small and quick to read and then you will have both options to consider.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2012 2:30 PM BST