Profile for P2 > Reviews

Content by P2

P2

Panasonic ES-RF31 4-Blade Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Flexible Pivoting Head for Men, Stainless
Offered by Ozaroo UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 9 Jan. 2015
Does not provide a close shave - caveat emptor.

First Steps in Winemaking
First Steps in Winemaking
by C. J. J. Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars ... depending on the older copies may wish to "UPGRADE" Best wishes P2, 9 Jan. 2015
Appreciated the recipe updates and top tips added to my earlier edition (1970s)
So any of you who are still depending on the older copies may wish to "UPGRADE"
Best wishes
P2

Classic Cars - Triumph [DVD]
Classic Cars - Triumph [DVD]
Offered by Panns.Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Cobbled together and exaspirating to watch, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Classic Cars - Triumph [DVD] (DVD)
As a former owner of a Herald 13/60 and two Spitfire 1500s and having been a founder member of the Triumph Sports Six Club I looked forward to the delivery of a DVD (the letters DVD suggest you are going to see motion pictures, don't they?) illustrating the wonderful range of these British made sports cars. Liam Dale's narrative includes a selection of interesting facts about each model's development BUT this is largely illustrated by STILLS (photographs or perhaps slides) of just a couple of cars, many being thrown up repetitively a couple of times over due to a shortage of visual material, and just a few motion picture extracts showing a couple of cars on the road. The narrative is cobbled together and unfortunately most of the time the images that come up on the screen are not matched to what Liam is talking about at the time. He'll talk about a model that was developed for racing while the screen throws up a screenshot of a totally different model appearing in a sales brochure. Any presenter talking about a range of cars developed on an independent chassis should really learn how to pronounce the word "chassis" - he's going to be using that word quite a lot. While we're on the subject of "cobbled together" the cars have been cobbled together too. If you're only going to use ONE car to illustrate each marque then you should really get hold of an authentic example. The Herald 13/60 for example is a cheap rescue project assembled using a mix of Herald and Vitesse parts. The Spitfire has been modified, is tatty (even the interior trim is falling off as the driver takes us for a spin) and again is used solely to illustrate a narrative covering a wide range of different models. To tell the wonderful story of the Herald and the Spitfire using just two examples (and rather dodgy examples at that) is a lost opportunity. I found the whole viewing experience irritating and cannot recommend you waste any of your time watching it. If you want to understand what I'm saying here and are interested in getting hold of a cheap copy then look out for mine - it's going straight on eBay for 99p!

Top 10 Mallorca [With Map] (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
Top 10 Mallorca [With Map] (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
by Jeffrey Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the physical book not the kindle version, 7 Oct. 2013
I wish I'd planned ahead and bought the physical copy of this guide in advance of my holiday. Instead I bought the kindle version the night before I set off, as by that late hour that was my only option - duh! I enjoyed reading the articles but switching between different views of maps and text while "on site" was a chore. I also found it difficult to flick through quickly to see where to go next. I challenge anyone to use a Kindle guidebook as efficiently as a physical copy. The Kindle versions of books are good for narrative but not for a mix of text, maps, photos, links, etc.
It's my fault, I know, but I wouldn't want others to make this mistake.

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Mallorca: Mallorca
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Mallorca: Mallorca

2.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE version is too ungainly, 7 Oct. 2013
It's my fault, I know, but I wouldn't want others to make this mistake.

Goldring NS1000 Noise Cancelling Portable Headphones
Goldring NS1000 Noise Cancelling Portable Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed headband, 30 Sept. 2013
Reviewers should be careful about submitting reviews after just a few hours as some have done in this case. I was happy to use these noise-reducing earmuffs for a couple of months - albeit very occasional use - and then one evening as I lay back in my armchair to enjoy the Pet Shop Boys ("Elysium") one of the small headband spacers just cracked and fell off. These spacers can be seen clearly in the photographs provided by amazon - immediately either side of the central darker-coloured band. I was comforted to read here that I am not alone. It really is a poor design on Goldring's part. The loss of one spacer seems to have put pressure on the second spacer and that, too, has now cracked and fallen off. Does anybody know whether Goldring are able to supply replacement spacers to enable a simple repair? Please write in, if so. Thanks, Best wishes to all, P2.