ARRAY(0xb48f3f84)

Profile for Offy > Reviews

Content by Offy

Offy "offy66" (Milton Keynes, England)

Page: 1 | 2
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo 250ml
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo 250ml
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Friends asked if I had darkened my hair!, 9 Mar 2014
I have been using this shampoo for a few months now in conjunction with the conditioner from the same range and have noticed no difference in the colour of my hair. In fact I saw someone this week that I haven't seen for a few months and she actually asked if I had darkened my hair! I have natural blonde hair, and, reading the other reviews, it seems quite a few may have highlights. I therefore wonder if this shampoo works better on highlighted hair than natural blonde hair? It is fine as a normal shampoo, nice and creamy, and lathers well, but expensive if it is not doing the job intended. I will try for a while longer, but I am not confident that it will make any difference.

Foam Leg Raiser Cushion for Support & Comfort high density foam base, mememory
Foam Leg Raiser Cushion for Support & Comfort high density foam base, mememory
Offered by aids4mobility
Price: 28.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for calf DVTs, 9 Jan 2014
Unfortunately I was diagnosed with a calf DVT and advised to elevate my leg. Not only that but my calf was extremely painful when laid flat where it pressed on the mattress. This cushion was perfect! The shape was brilliant as my calf was not pressed against the dip in the cushion so stopped hurting, and the leg was elevated. I removed the cushion when sleeping rather than resting as I sleep on my side. The quality of the cushion is great, although the material has gone a bit bobbly where I have used it so much. It is really light, so easy to move. Highly recommended and it has been invaluable to me.

Anti Slip Bath Mat - Seashell Beige
Anti Slip Bath Mat - Seashell Beige
Offered by Doreen Preston and Son
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The edges stick up so are trip hazards, 25 Dec 2013
I'm not particularly impressed with this mat for the price. I have found that you have to push the plungers quite hard to make them stick to the bath and then they are not right at the edge of the mat so the edges stick up and are easy to trip over. The non slip dies work though, it lifts from the bath easily and it dries quickly.

The Chav Killer - The Complete Trilogy
The Chav Killer - The Complete Trilogy
Price: 1.36

1.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't even finish it!, 25 Dec 2013
I am probably being unfair by rating this trilogy as I have not even finished reading it, I just couldn't! I read a lot of crime fiction but I found this badly written and distasteful (not the subject matter just the way it was tackled). It just seemed rushed and badly thought out. Maybe the other parts of the trilogy were better, in which case please forgive me.

Tethered Twins
Tethered Twins
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Intruiging idea, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tethered Twins (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book and am off to buy the next one as soon as I have finished this brief review. I loved the idea of the tethered twins, the bleak future of the world and the people doing everything they could to make things better. I think this book would appeal to people who like sci fi and apocalyptic books.

Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Offered by Pets Go Direct
Price: 69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat is no longer scared, 7 July 2013
We rescued a cat a few months ago, so we don't know her background, but she is quite nervy. She already knew how to use the cat flap, but, as it turned out, so did another local! My cat was so scared by the intruder she ran upstairs weeing. Obviously we had to do something about this, and the Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap was the perfect answer! I know it is not cheap but it was worth every single penny to see my cat relaxed again. It fitted almost perfectly into the previous hole, and setting the 'chip' wasn't too bad, although my cat being my cat refused to go through the flap for quite a while (well it seemed like it to me while sitting there with it held open and a treat the other side). In the end I pushed her through. It locks into place so quickly after your cat has gone through I feel confident that others couldn't follow even if she were being chased. It has been in place a couple of months now and has worked a treat. I really cannot recommend this highly enough. I just wish I had got one years earlier as we also had this intruder problem with my previous cat.

Veho 2200mAh Pebble Smartstick Emergency Portable Battery for iPhone/Blackberry/Samsung/HTC/Nokia - Black
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 12.88

3.0 out of 5 stars It's flaky, but good when it works, 7 July 2013
I had to return the first one that I bought as it didn't work at all, so this is a review of my second one. It started well, after fully charging it I plugged it into my iphone and this time it was recognised and charged the phone. I fully charged the Pebble again a few days in advance of a long train journey as I wanted to use it to boost battery power. On the way back I started charging my phone and I was pleased to note that I could still use the phone whilst charging (for apps not necessarily calls). Anyway I got interrupted half way through charging and had to stop for about 10 minutes. When I plugged it in again still on the same journey, the Pebble was not recognised at all! I tried a few times and then assumed that it had broken and was all ready to send it back again. This left me still on a long journey with no Pebble again, although my phone had been part charged. When I got home I thought I had better just see what happened if I fully charged it again, and lo and behold it started working again. I am assuming from this that the Pebble will not charge a phone when it is not almost fully charged itself. Therefore beware of any charging interruptions (make sure you go to the toilet before you leave the house!) or you will be in trouble. Like most gadgets of its kind it also loses charge whilst sitting around doing nothing, so you will also need to fully charge it just before you need it (not always possible if you don't know when you will need it). Also quite a few people have complained about the sock to hold the Pebble saying that everything falls out. I just use a safety pin at the top and it holds everything in. Anyway, my title sums it up, great little product when it is working, but not exactly reliable!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2013 4:31 PM BST

Encore Cat Tin Fish Multipack 8 x 70 g (Pack of 4, Total 32 Cans)
Encore Cat Tin Fish Multipack 8 x 70 g (Pack of 4, Total 32 Cans)
Price: 25.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells lovely.... to my cat!, 7 July 2013
I can actually recognise things in this cat food rather than a load of processed mush. You can see chunks of fish and real prawns - my cat eats better than I do! It really does look and smell of fish, and my cat goes mad for it. I like the fact that the box comes in different flavours for variety, and she loves every flavour. The food is more expensive than other brands, but you really do get what you pay for. My cat has a lovely glossy coat and looks good on it too. Highly recommended.

Veho 2200mAh Pebble Smartstick Emergency Portable Battery for iPhone/Blackberry/Samsung/HTC/Nokia - Purple
Price: 11.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately did not work :(, 11 May 2013
I ordered this in good time for a long train journey I was going on to make sure that my iPhone 4S would not run out of juice, as can sometimes happen on long journeys. I read the reviews and it did appear to work OK for this type of phone (unlike the 3GS). When it arrived the box said the pebble was fully charged and ready to go so I followed the instructions and plugged it into my iPhone. The phone was supposed to recognise as being charged, but nothing! I wondered if perhaps the pebble had lost its charge, so I charged it from my PC. As the light had gone blue, it meant that it was not fully charged, so I left it a few hours until the light went red (well more pink really) and tried again.... still nothing! I therefore had to return it to the seller for (as I thought) a replacement, but then I found that you can only have a refund. I think I will try one more and then give up. Looking at the other reviews there do seem to be a number that don't work, so if you need one for a particular event/journey, don't wait until the last minute in case you get one of the many defective ones out there. I am not going to get mine in time now unfortunately.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 8:52 PM BST

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 6 May 2013
I recommend this book to anyone who loves police procedural books as I do. I liked the way the characters were portrayed and the plot kept me interested from beginning to end. I had a few late nights when i didn't want to stop reading. I've just downloaded the next two and can't wait to read them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 4:26 AM BST